• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if your child.....

David1967

Premium Member
There are different threads that I have seen here that address the question of hell. Eternal conscious torment or whether its God to blame or the person if he ends up there. I'm going to ask this to those who believe in eternal conscious torment. Could you enjoy Heaven if you knew your child were in Hell?

Last edited:

Covellite

There are different threads that I have seen here that address the question of hell. Eternal conscious torment or whether its God to blame or the person if he ends up there. I'm going to ask this to those who believe in eternal conscious torment. Could you enjoy Heaven if you knew your child were there?
Definitely not.
Since the God is our father, I guess he would never leave us in hell.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
There are different threads that I have seen here that address the question of hell. Eternal conscious torment or whether its God to blame or the person if he ends up there. I'm going to ask this to those who believe in eternal conscious torment. Could you enjoy Heaven if you knew your child were in Hell?

What if not your child but of others?

David1967

Premium Member
He doesn't know what he's saying.

He quoted this to back up his thinking. "
Revelation 21:4New King James Version (NKJV)

4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”
He figured that the only way that Heaven could be Heaven would be if God erased our memory of our loved ones being eternally cooked alive. The Horror of thinking like that.:(

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

I would have agreed with the guy in David'ss post 3, to tell you honestly. Since heaven is supossed to be blissful and make you free of pain, discomfort, and so forth, the pain of knowing your child is in hell will, by god's stands, be gone. So basically, you wouldn't really care because you're with god.

I dont know if there is scripture about this. Say an mother and her adult child have been the best friends as well as parent to child all their lives. The adult child says no, I dont want to believe in god and he ends up in hell. Should there be any difference whent the mother goes to heaven and she knows her adult son is in hell?

Does she justify his being there based on his disbelief and age? Or should that even matter now that she is in heaven?

I dont like the whole thing; but, if I were a believer nad went off the technical definition of heaven, just by being there I'd feel no pain even if I knew my child was down there. Sad, but there it is.

David1967

Premium Member
I would have agreed with the guy in David'ss post 3, to tell you honestly. Since heaven is supossed to be blissful and make you free of pain, discomfort, and so forth, the pain of knowing your child is in hell will, by god's stands, be gone. So basically, you wouldn't really care because you're with god.

I dont know if there is scripture about this. Say an mother and her adult child have been the best friends as well as parent to child all their lives. The adult child says no, I dont want to believe in god and he ends up in hell. Should there be any difference whent the mother goes to heaven and she knows her adult son is in hell?

Does she justify his being there based on his disbelief and age? Or should that even matter now that she is in heaven?

I dont like the whole thing; but, if I were a believer nad went off the technical definition of heaven, just by being there I'd feel no pain even if I knew my child was down there. Sad, but there it is.

And too it would depend on your view of what hell is. Eternal torment, or a temporary place of purification.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Nope, I surely could not.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
And too it would depend on your view of what hell is. Eternal torment, or a temporary place of purification.

True. I think in some ways temporary place of purification is a way to give people a chance to be with god even if they couldnt be in this life. Giving a second change, I suppose. That sounds more positive.

Covellite

temporary place of purification... really sounds like true hell.
imagine that place is a place where you can be enormously loved by your Creator and be "purified" in the most divine manner
hell - sadistic invention from ignorant manipulatives and stupid ones

David1967

Premium Member
Yeah. The thing is, I dont know how long people are supposed to be there. How temporary is temporary?

Good question. When compared to eternity, could be a very long time. I would think it would depend on the life the person lived.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Equally horrific. But when you ask a person this question and apply it to their most dear loved one, it takes it to a different level.

What if it was you in the hell and not your child? what if you know that your child
is very happy in the paradise while you're in the hell ? how'll be your feeling?