• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if.......WWIII happens next month

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Both the Chinese and the U.S. economies are too intertwined for that, I think.
I think American commoners fail to understand that Europeans are with them. Totally. They want no wars, they just want the US to spend the public money on healthcare, education and essential public services and not on warfare.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
If true when why are people fear mongering about a potential WW3?

I think it's possibly due to the long-term effects of an overall attitude of fear which has gripped the country for generations. The McCarthy era was gripped by fear, and it set the precedent and tone within the political culture for how people to react to various stimuli. Fear is a useful political tool, as people don't vote based on love, they vote based on fear.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Putin has invaded Ukraine which is without NATO bases.

So? The guy is more than crazy enough to do it if that's what he wished. His dream is to get the old ussr back. NATO is in Poland and they worry they are next on the putin land grab list

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I think American commoners fail to understand that Europeans are with them. Totally. They want no wars, they just want the US to spend the public money on healthcare, education and essential public services and not on warfare.

Many American commoners want these things, too. As for attitudes about the outside world and the question of war in general, a lot of Americans seem to have a split-personality about it. It's often presented as "we don't really want to go to war or do anything unpleasant, but ________ (insert name of tyrant, terrorist, or rogue nation here) has gone too far, and now we must take action." That way, it's presented in such a way as to take the blame off us, implying that we're doing all we can to find a peaceful and reasonable solution, while it's all our adversary's fault.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Many American commoners want these things, too. As for attitudes about the outside world and the question of war in general, a lot of Americans seem to have a split-personality about it. It's often presented as "we don't really want to go to war or do anything unpleasant, but ________ (insert name of tyrant, terrorist, or rogue nation here) has gone too far, and now we must take action." That way, it's presented in such a way as to take the blame off us, implying that we're doing all we can to find a peaceful and reasonable solution, while it's all our adversary's fault.

Yeah, and sometimes it is mix of different shades of grey for all involved.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
All right, but whereas Europeans and Americans share the same culture and values, taking action in completely different cultural backgrounds can be counterproductive, in my humble opinion.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
All right, but whereas Europeans and Americans share the same culture and values, taking action in completely different cultural backgrounds can be counterproductive, in my humble opinion.

Yeah, but in effect European and American don't share the same culture and value. It shares some of the roots.

Hold

Abducted Member
Premium Member
The OP is a premise, not a prediction......The major powers for approximately 75 yrs have fought their 'hot' wars by proxy.....The odds increase toward nuclear exchange if the war penetrates NATO countries or the Russian/Chinese/North Korean homelands........In the event of nuclear war, this old man with major health problems will definitely go off his salt-free diet....

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

There's a certain type of personality type I've encountered frequently, with my older brother being one example, as well as my father, a few cousins, and quite a number of people I've known throughout my life. As an example, I might be working on some task, maybe trying to fix something or do some project around the house. It might look like I'm struggling or having a difficult time or maybe not knowing what I'm doing, so my brother would push me aside and say "Here, I'LL do it!" My dad was somewhat the same way. It ran in the family. It's like saying "You don't know how to do anything right, so I'll do it."

That may be kind of what America is when it comes to the defensive posture of Europe. They'll come muscling in and say "Here, you Europeans just don't know what you're doing, so we're going to have to do it ourselves."

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Probably start a WWIII Facts and Information thread.

Seriously, I do think the world is headed for some pretty dramatic changes in the next few years and the upheaval is going to affect all of us.

If I were 20 years younger, I'd probably be stockpiling guns, ammo and food, sharpening up my survival skills, and working on an exit plan.

As it is, at my age, with no kids or grandkids to worry about, whatever happens happens I just consider myself a part of the audience (as long as I have a comfortable seat and popcorn, I'm good).
That terrifies me. Are you talking all-out anarchy? Nuclear winter? Endless riots?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Still a few years yet: :eek:

And now we can look forward to the warning:

As regards the latter - apparently I'll miss this - given the warning will only reach those with 4G or 5G and as to some limitations on these too. :eek:

idea

Question Everything
Still a few years yet: :eek:

And now we can look forward to the warning:

Communication is key.

Any other HAM's out there :)

Last edited:

idea

Question Everything
As regards the latter - apparently I'll miss this - given the warning will only reach those with 4G or 5G and as to some limitations on these too. :eek:

When the satellites all come down...

You can transmit your own signals :)
*anyone can listen in, just have to be licensed to broadcast - although in emergency anyone can broadcast too)

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
When the satellites all come down...

You can transmit your own signals :)
*anyone can listen in, just have to be licensed to broadcast - although in emergency anyone can broadcast too)
I did actually have a wideband receiver some decades ago - a Kenwood something - and very entertaining it was listening to all the traffic. I even had it connected up to an early Amstrad computer and a tape recorder so as to switch it on at programmed times and record stuff. :D

idea

Question Everything
I did actually have a wideband receiver some decades ago - a Kenwood something - and very entertaining it was listening to all the traffic. I even had it connected up to an early Amstrad computer and a tape recorder so as to switch it on at programmed times and record stuff. :D

I have a little one in the car, have a good neighborhood group who maintains repeaters etc. use it to listen to chatter on road trips, can hear electric company chatter when power goes out, hear police/fire/airport/NWS etc. also nice in open space areas for hiking. Our group helps with races - triathlons/ other events. Quite a few emergency responders in group.

If ww3 breaks out, between my job (college) and the Hams - I've already been through disasters with them (hurricane), we'll get through it :)