• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if Trump wins 2016?

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Do you really expect any liberal media source to cover a story that is unfavorable to Hillary?
Fair point, I think it will be important to fact check. What sources do you use?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
With the election over a year away, and a pool of candidates with an unusually large number of wild cards, I am not surprised that an operation like Teamsters isn't quick to endorse one.
Of course they want to get to know Trump. They'd be stupid not to.
Tom

esmith

Veteran Member
Fair point, I think it will be important to fact check. What sources do you use?
Just search for " Teamsters will not support Hillary" of course you will not find any liberal media source that has reported the
Teamsters union’s general executive board voted unanimously Tuesday, 26-0, to hold off on endorsing Clinton at its meeting in Charleston, South Carolina.
quote from various sources

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Just search for " Teamsters will not support Hillary" of course you will not find any liberal media source that has reported the
quote from various sources
You didn't answer my question. I will ask it again. In regards to political candidates, what do you use to fact check?

esmith

Veteran Member
You didn't answer my question. I will ask it again. In regards to political candidates, what do you use to fact check?
I try and get both political views on a candidate; however finding facts about some candidates can be frustrating especially if the media supports that candidate and does not necessarily cover stories that they feel is "nothing to see here, just move on" or just refuses to cover the story unless everyone else has jumped on the story.....ie Hillary's email problems.

Try and find any coverage of the Teamsters decision on supporting Hillary on any source other than conservative sources......at this time anyway. If one left leaning media source reports on the story, you can be sure that the "hounds will be released".

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
[Qll
I try and get both political views on a candidate; however finding facts about some candidates can be frustrating especially if the media supports that candidate and does not necessarily cover stories that they feel is "nothing to see here, just move on" or just refuses to cover the story unless everyone else has jumped on the story.....ie Hillary's email problems.

Try and find any coverage of the Teamsters decision on supporting Hillary on any source other than conservative sources......at this time anyway. If one left leaning media source reports on the story, you can be sure that the "hounds will be released".
It's a brilliant strategy....if partisan media don't report on uncomfortable things,
then their followers will never be inconvenienced by such knowledge.
Of course, this can work both ways.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I think Trump is better than most of the candidates on the Republican and Democrat side.

I rather have a president who is more isolationist with regards to foreign policy than a warmongerer like Hillary who will tank the U.S. economy even further with another middle eastern war.
Trump is like a male version of Hillary. They both display narcissistic and psychopathic traits. They love attention, they flip-flop all over the place in order to look good to whatever audience they're speaking to at the moment, they ruin innocent people who get in their way, enjoy the suffering of others, they both view themselves as godlike, both have ties to sexual abuse and may be involved in it themselves, etc. Trump is also a racist, a sexist pig and a dictator wannabe.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
My therapist was telling me today that his undergrad major was in business, and back in the 80s they were using Trump as an example of a poor business model because he's so full of crap.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
My therapist was telling me today that his undergrad major was in business, and back in the 80s they were using Trump as an example of a poor business model because he's so full of crap.

Sounds like the American version of Michelle Mone... She's a lingerie tycoon from Scotland whose business... well... is wallowing somewhere in the mud and is very poorly run. Mone was made the Conservative Party's Business Start-up Tsar - a move condemned by business leaders because she doesn't really know anything about how to run a successful business.

Like Trump - the PR she receives is vastly disproportionate to her success.

Underhill

Trump is like a male version of Hillary. They both display narcissistic and psychopathic traits. They love attention, they flip-flop all over the place in order to look good to whatever audience they're speaking to at the moment, they ruin innocent people who get in their way, enjoy the suffering of others, they both view themselves as godlike, both have ties to sexual abuse and may be involved in it themselves, etc. Trump is also a racist, a sexist pig and a dictator wannabe.

Not so much sorry. All politicians have a bit of narcissism and enjoy the limelight. But there are clear differences between Trump and Hillary. Trump is a person accustomed to saying whatever he likes to whomever he likes. It is an arrogance that defies logic. And the stuff he says isn't your normal political clap trap, it is much more unbelievable... which is saying something.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Like Trump - the PR she receives is vastly disproportionate to her success.
The thing with Trump's business success though is it didn't start with him, and he was born with a spring board that his father and grand father built. He is the image of not how one person "makes it" in America, but a smaller piece in the larger picture of how money stays put and accumulates in one family across multiple generations. This Donald Trump may not make in office, but the Trump family fortune will live on and I have no doubts that eventually there will a Trump in office who did nothing more than ride the family coattails.
I can't help but wonder if his thoughts would be different had he been raking in cash from the Iraq war. Sorta like how he spits venom at the Chinese even though he himself has stuff made by the Chinese. Or would he still be pointing out how those areas destabilized, even though he had no money making his bank account bigger as the declining stability became apparent. I actually agree with him concerning the issue, but his past actions make me question his sincerity.