• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if Jesus was the antichrist?

Zorro1227

Think about it...What if Jesus was the antichrist? And what if the one that christians believe will be the antichrist is really their saviour? Then wouldn't christians technically be worshipping a false god?

Just thought this might be a fun conversation and debate. Opinions appreciated!

Zorro1227

Don't you think it would be too easy for God to undo whatever the fake christ would have done?

Well don't you think it would also be easy for god to prevent the "final antichrist" from deceiving millions?

I am not a christian and I do not believe any of this myself. However, I have always wondered about this.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Well don't you think it would also be easy for god to prevent the "final antichrist" from deceiving millions?
Theoretically within Christianity, God is omnipotent, benevolent and stuff like that.

So, the only reason for why God would actually bring/permit an antichrist who would deceive many---or to have brought/permitted Jesus as the antichrist, would be some kind of spiritual safari, I guess. :confused:

Zorro1227

Theoretically within Christianity, God is omnipotent, benevolent and stuff like that.

So, the only reason for why God would actually bring/permit an antichrist who would deceive many---or to have brought/permitted Jesus as the antichrist, would be some kind of spiritual safari, I guess. :confused:

I guess...It has never made any sense to me. And I do not think that would be a very fun safari
icon12.gif

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Think about it...What if Jesus was the antichrist? And what if the one that christians believe will be the antichrist is really their saviour? Then wouldn't christians technically be worshipping a false god?

Jesus addressed that when he said that a house divided against itself cannot stand (I think He got that from Abe Lincoln).

Humanistheart

There is no "what if" about it. Jesus can easily be called an anti-christ. He failed to fulfill the messianic prophicies, so he was not a messiah (christ and messiah are interchangable, christ being a grecko roman translation of messiah). Right of the bat, we know he's a false christ. When you factor in the fact that Dt. tells us that any one claiming to be a prophet that speaks against torah is surely a false prophit as jesus did, it reinforces the false christ conclusion. Then when you consider that jesus was in fact the opposite (or anti version) of what the messiah was sopposed to be, it's perfectly reasonable to call jesus an anti-christ. For example the messiah is to usher in a 1000 years of peace on earth, but jesus promised he did not come to bring peace but a sword. He never braught any peice in his lifetime, and his followers are in fact, the most blood soaked religion ever practiced, quite the opposite of what the messiah's to be. Jesus was an anti-christ.

Last edited:

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist

Seems equally as plausible as the current story.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
If Jesus be the Anti-Christ then who be Christ?
Been awhile since I read it but this makes me think of Paradise Lost.
Is Lucifer Christ then? ^_^

Zorro1227

There is no "what if" about it. Jesus can easily be called an anti-christ. He failed to fulfill the messianic prophicies, so he was not a messiah (christ and messiah are interchangable, christ being a grecko roman translation of messiah). Right of the bat, we know he's a false christ. When you factor in the fact that Dt. tells us that any one claiming to be a prophet that speaks against torah is surely a false prophit as jesus did, it reinforces the false christ conclusion. Then when you consider that jesus was in fact the opposite (or anti version) of what the messiah was sopposed to be, it's perfectly reasonable to call jesus an anti-christ. For example the messiah is to usher in a 1000 years of peace on earth, but jesus promised he did not come to bring peace but a sword. He never braught any peice in his lifetime, and his followers are in fact, the most blood soaked religion ever practiced, quite the opposite of what the messiah's to be. Jesus was an anti-christ.

Yeah I agree. I just think it is interesting that every christian I have discussed this with just brushes it off. They all tell me I am a blasphemus. But seriously it is entirely possible.

Humanistheart

I think king david was the closest to being christ yet, but not quite there. Currently there is no christ. Perhaps Isreal will be sent one in the future, perhaps there will be none because there is no god. Who's to say? All we can say for sure is jesus wasn't a christ, and given his atrributes is more aptly described as an anti-christ.

Zorro1227

Funny that you mentioned that because my boyfriend has always wondered that. He is an atheist, but he has always said that IF there is a god christians are likely worshipping the wrong one.