• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Does Passover/Easter Holyday/Holiday Mean To You?

2ndpillar

@2ndpillar, I don't think you are that ignorant about what Christians do at Easter time. Not all Christians treat Easter the same in Christendom.

Most of the 2.2 Billion Masses of Christians in Christendom have a Fun Easter time and observe like Pagans.

There are others that are Devout Christians that take Easter Very Seriously in Remembrance of Yeshua Messiah's/Jesus Christ's Death, Burial and Resurrection.

Than there are the Ultra Conservative Niche Orders, such as, Society of Jesus (Jesuits), Opus Dei and Knights Templar that are the Most Committed/Devout. As an Ultra Extremist Celibate and Non-Violent Christian Gnostic my Easter is similar to members of the Niche Orders: What Does Passover/Easter Holyday/Holiday Mean To You?

Here are some Devout Christians observing Easter:

Filipino Catholics Whip themselves in BRUTAL Easter Ritual

The Da Vinci Code (2/8) Movie CLIP - Silas (2006) HD
Your devout "Christians" who whip themselves remind me of the French king who whipped himself regularly and then went out and tried to exterminate your "devout" "Christians", the Knights of the Templar. The rumor is that he killed the Templars because he owed them more money than he could pay back. As a one-time child in a Catholic family, I know that the parochial school taught me in the 1950s, that if you don't go to church on Easter, you went to hell. And you can be sure, that at that time the people overflowed the church on the pagan feast of Easter, which has nothing to do with the timing or intent of Passover. Easter is a time for the fertility goddess, the goddess of Spring, Astarte, with the fertility of bunnies and chickens apparently at the helm. The message of Passover is in its name, the passing over of the angels of death due to the blood of the lamb being on their door posts. The blood of the lamb representing the home of the Spirit of Revelation, the Spriit of God, the source of "understanding" per the "anointing". As for "Jesuits", I am thinking until recently, all of the Roman Catholic pontiffs were of the tribe of the Jesuits. Not a good representation of mankind in my opinion. The popes were the choice of political intrigues within the Vatican, which according to your Da Vinci Code, killed hither and dither. Just because the Catholic church has more "abominations" than your Baptist on the street, does not make them better.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
My family is Italian-American Roman Catholic, albeit largely non-churchgoing except when necessary(weddings, funerals, baptisms). For them Easter is a tradition of dinner, Easter eggs, chocolate bunnies and desserts. When I was Eastern Orthodox, Easter aka Pascha was a big deal to me. I followed all the rituals, observances, and church attendance.

Having left Christianity behind, as a Hindu, Easter doesn’t mean anything to me spiritually. I don’t believe Jesus died and resurrected. I don’t believe he is God. Rather, I think of him as an advanced yogi, bodhisattva, maybe even a buddha or rishi. I view the story of his death and resurrection as a metaphor for his samādhi and enlightenment. That he experienced this is an example of anyone achieving enlightenment, nothing to do with sacrifice, “sin” and “forgiveness”.
What's important to me is what Jesus taught about how we are to treat others and how we should appreciate and respect all life.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
It appears you are Not that Convinced by God and Religion giving them a little "g" and "r".

Does this mean that Spiritual means a Force to you like in Star Wars?

The Force

The Force is a metaphysical and ubiquitous power in the Star Wars fictional universe. "Force-sensitive" characters use the Force throughout the franchise. Heroes like the Jedi seek to "become one with the Force", matching their personal wills with the will of the Force, while the Sith and other villains exploit the Force and try to bend it toward their destructive desires. The Force has been compared to aspects of several world religions, and the phrase "May the Force be with you" has become part of the popular-culture vernacular.

No, not anymore. Anyway, god is a noun, not a name. Gods have names. I guess I am more pantheistic. As fun as it is, I don't take religions from media.

2ndpillar

wildly untrue. Pope Francis, the current Pope, is the first Jesuit Pope ever.
I guess the exception makes the rule. Although the Dominicans and Franciscans were probably just as bad, as they had more or less control of the judgeships of the Inquisition, now renamed as the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, chaired by the Pope, then and now. I am not a student of the factions of the Church, but it appears this present Jesuit pope is nothing but a Progressive Marxist, who has delusions of power, and remaking the world, I guess as soon as he can hire someone to actually cast out demons, which apparently has been one of his failures.

2ndpillar

What's important to me is what Jesus taught about how we are to treat others and how we should appreciate and respect all life.
Is that why the leading "Christian"/Catholic leaders of our administration (Biden and Pelosi) have promoted the killing of the unborn? And by the way, which party did you vote for, and what policy do they support?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Deuteronomy 28:1

28 And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the Lord thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:

Amen! Exactly! Elohim/God makes Israel Superior to the Nations Conditional on the Strict Exacting Adherence to Elohim's/God's Law given to them. Israel Does Not Exist without this Strict Exacting Adherence to Elohim's/God's Law. A Marriage is between two parties making Promises/Vows.

Israel will always have the Smallest Population out of the Other Peoples because they are the Most Difficult People to Become.

No. God does not make Israel superior.

2 Samuel 22:28​

And the afflicted people you will save; but your eyes are upon the haughty, that you may bring them down.​

Those who are superior are not set on high. They are cast down.
Deuteronomy 28:1 + Isaiah 42:6 = A Lighthouse, not a superior nation.​

And it shall come to pass, if you shall give heed diligently to the voice of the Lord your God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command you this day, that the Lord your God will set you on high above all nations of the earth;​
I the Lord have called you in righteousness, and will hold your hand, and will keep you, and give you for a covenant of the people, for a light to the nations;

And then...

Deuteronomy 4:6​
Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, who, when they shall hear all these statutes, shall say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.​

So, the Torah is superior, God is supreme. The Jewish people must remain humble and keep the law. God will lift us up high above to be a light to the nations who will naturally say, this is a great nation. Naturally. Because they see how the law is implemented. Not because the Jewish people are superior in any way.

Because of this...

Psalms 95:6​
O come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the Lord our maker.​
Agreed?

Last edited:

Elihoenai

My family is Italian-American Roman Catholic, albeit largely non-churchgoing except when necessary(weddings, funerals, baptisms). For them Easter is a tradition of dinner, Easter eggs, chocolate bunnies and desserts. When I was Eastern Orthodox, Easter aka Pascha was a big deal to me. I followed all the rituals, observances, and church attendance.

Having left Christianity behind, as a Hindu, Easter doesn’t mean anything to me spiritually. I don’t believe Jesus died and resurrected. I don’t believe he is God. Rather, I think of him as an advanced yogi, bodhisattva, maybe even a buddha or rishi. I view the story of his death and resurrection as a metaphor for his samādhi and enlightenment. That he experienced this is an example of anyone achieving enlightenment, nothing to do with sacrifice, “sin” and “forgiveness”.
The 2.2 Billion Christians in Christendom do Not Really believe that Yeshua/Jesus Died and Resurrected either, otherwise they would Obey his Teachings. They Believe in an Historical Earthly Yeshua/Jesus that is a Sin Maintainer and Promoter.

Yeshua's/Jesus's Death and Resurrection can be interpreted in different ways.

Elihoenai

Your devout "Christians" who whip themselves remind me of the French king who whipped himself regularly and then went out and tried to exterminate your "devout" "Christians", the Knights of the Templar. The rumor is that he killed the Templars because he owed them more money than he could pay back. As a one-time child in a Catholic family, I know that the parochial school taught me in the 1950s, that if you don't go to church on Easter, you went to hell. And you can be sure, that at that time the people overflowed the church on the pagan feast of Easter, which has nothing to do with the timing or intent of Passover. Easter is a time for the fertility goddess, the goddess of Spring, Astarte, with the fertility of bunnies and chickens apparently at the helm. The message of Passover is in its name, the passing over of the angels of death due to the blood of the lamb being on their door posts. The blood of the lamb representing the home of the Spirit of Revelation, the Spriit of God, the source of "understanding" per the "anointing". As for "Jesuits", I am thinking until recently, all of the Roman Catholic pontiffs were of the tribe of the Jesuits. Not a good representation of mankind in my opinion. The popes were the choice of political intrigues within the Vatican, which according to your Da Vinci Code, killed hither and dither. Just because the Catholic church has more "abominations" than your Baptist on the street, does not make them better.
2 Timothy 3:12

12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

Happy to say that for Real Christians and those aspiring to be Real Christians Persecution and/or Extermination attempts are Real Experiences today and Not Just Historical accounts on paper.

The Devil/Satan is busy 24/7 working to Exterminate Real Christians. From a Christian Gnostic Perspective Real Christians have been Exterminated from Christendom.

Elihoenai

No, not anymore. Anyway, god is a noun, not a name. Gods have names. I guess I am more pantheistic. As fun as it is, I don't take religions from media.
This is a serious discussion and no fun intended. What does the Force mean to you? Is the Force Spiritual? Is every person aware of the Force or do you have to become Force Sensitive?

Elihoenai

No. God does not make Israel superior.

2 Samuel 22:28​

And the afflicted people you will save; but your eyes are upon the haughty, that you may bring them down.​

Those who are superior are not set on high. They are cast down.
Deuteronomy 28:1 + Isaiah 42:6 = A Lighthouse, not a superior nation.​

And it shall come to pass, if you shall give heed diligently to the voice of the Lord your God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command you this day, that the Lord your God will set you on high above all nations of the earth;​
I the Lord have called you in righteousness, and will hold your hand, and will keep you, and give you for a covenant of the people, for a light to the nations;

And then...

Deuteronomy 4:6​
Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, who, when they shall hear all these statutes, shall say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.​

So, the Torah is superior, God is supreme. The Jewish people must remain humble and keep the law. God will lift us up high above to be a light to the nations who will naturally say, this is a great nation. Naturally. Because they see how the law is implemented. Not because the Jewish people are superior in any way.

Because of this...

Psalms 95:6​
O come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the Lord our maker.​
Agreed?
Deuteronomy 15:5-6

5 Only if thou carefully hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe to do all these commandments which I command thee this day.

6 For the Lord thy God blesseth thee, as he promised thee: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, but thou shalt not borrow; and thou shalt reign over many nations, but they shall not reign over thee.

Your argument is in Support of Israel being Superior to the Nations. You stated the Torah/Hebrew Bible is Superior.

Strict Exacting Obedience to Elohim's/God's Torah brings Israel into Existence making Israel Superior.

Strict Exacting Obedience to the Supreme Elohim/God through the Torah means its People are Superior because Elohim/God is Embodied. Israel is Elohim/God Embodied!

Last edited:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
The 2.2 Billion Christians in Christendom do Not Really believe that Yeshua/Jesus Died and Resurrected either,
Having been raised Catholic then embracing Orthodoxy, with a total of 33-34 years of my life before abandoning Christianity (all of which I remember), I completely and categorically disagree with that. The whole basis of Christianity is Jesus’s sacrifice on the cross and his resurrection, conquering death. The Paschal troparion of the EOC says

Christós anésti ek nekrón,
thanáto thánaton patísas,
ké tís en tís mnímasi,
zoín charisámenos!
Christ is risen from the dead,
by death trampling death,
and to those in the tombs
granting life!

So, I don’t know what Christians you interviewed.

2ndpillar

2 Timothy 3:12

12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

Happy to say that for Real Christians and those aspiring to be Real Christians Persecution and/or Extermination attempts are Real Experiences today and Not Just Historical accounts on paper.

The Devil/Satan is busy 24/7 working to Exterminate Real Christians. From a Christian Gnostic Perspective Real Christians have been Exterminated from Christendom.
The persecutors seem to be in the form of the kings crowned by the Roman Catholic church, and the Church itself. Those mostly persecuted by the Inquisition of the church were the Jews. As for the persecution of "Christians" today, it seems to come mostly from the followers of the other supposed "prophet" Mohammed. All the daughters of Babylon seem intent on irradicating each other. Not that any of them are godly.

Elihoenai

Having been raised Catholic then embracing Orthodoxy, with a total of 33-34 years of my life before abandoning Christianity (all of which I remember), I completely and categorically disagree with that. The whole basis of Christianity is Jesus’s sacrifice on the cross and his resurrection, conquering death. The Paschal troparion of the EOC says

Christós anésti ek nekrón,
thanáto thánaton patísas,
ké tís en tís mnímasi,
zoín charisámenos!
Christ is risen from the dead,
by death trampling death,
and to those in the tombs
granting life!

So, I don’t know what Christians you interviewed.
Matthew 23:3

3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

This is not about interviews. Similar to you I attended Church in Christendom for many years, although never became a member of any Domination. I know from personal experience of being around Christians for about 25 years and the Temporal Teachings of the Universal Roman Catholic Church.

Yes, they say they believe in the Death, Burial and Resurrection of Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ, although these are just words. What you do Determines what you Really Believe.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Deuteronomy 15:5-6

5 Only if thou carefully hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe to do all these commandments which I command thee this day.

6 For the Lord thy God blesseth thee, as he promised thee: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, but thou shalt not borrow; and thou shalt reign over many nations, but they shall not reign over thee.

True.

Your argument is in Support of Israel being Superior to the Nations. You stated the Torah/Hebrew Bible is Superior.

I stated the later, while rejecting the former.

Strict Exacting Obedience to Elohim's/God's Torah brings Israel into Existence making Israel Superior.

No. "making Israel superior" is false.

Strict Exacting Obedience to the Supreme Elohim/God through the Torah means its People are Superior because Elohim/God is Embodied. Israel is Elohim/God Embodied!

No.
Genesis 32:29​
And he said, Your name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel; for as a prince you have power with God and with men, and have prevailed.​
Isaiah 42:8​
I am the Lord; that is my name; and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to carved idols.​
God's glory is not embodied in Israel. Though there is an opportunity to have power WITH God. To partner with God. God embodied is an idol.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Matthew 23:3

3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

This is not about interviews. Similar to you I attended Church in Christendom for many years, although never became a member of any Domination. I know from personal experience of being around Christians for about 25 years and the Temporal Teachings of the Universal Roman Catholic Church.

Yes, they say they believe in the Death, Burial and Resurrection of Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ, although these are just words. What you do Determines what you Really Believe.
What people do does not reflect what they believe or are taught.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
This is a serious discussion and no fun intended. What does the Force mean to you? Is the Force Spiritual? Is every person aware of the Force or do you have to become Force Sensitive?
I don't know about the Star Wars force, but to me, god is an immanent creator from the beginning of time. Impersonal, and what Paul described as "where we live and move and have our being."

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
OK @Sand Dancer, Spiritual but not Religious (SBNR), what does Spiritual mean to you?
We can develop or cultivate physical qualities, and we can develop or cultivate 'spiritual qualities' - Galatians 5:22:23
Spiritual attributes such as: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, meekness (be humble) and have self control.
Bible principles coupled with Jesus' New commandment about having self-sacrificing love - John 13:34-35 - would be spiritual in nature.
The "Law of Christ' (Gal.6:2) when applied guides and benefits everyone.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I don't know about the Star Wars force, but to me, god is an immanent creator from the beginning of time.............
Or, even possibly ' before ' the beginning of time - Psalm 90:2 - God is from everlasting - ( No beginning for God )
As far as time: is there a beginning (?) because for each second we can count we can count both forwards and backwards forever and ever.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
What people do does not reflect what they believe or are taught.
Good point ^ above ^ because, Not everyone, but I know someone who is like a camalelon.
Whatever group she is in she agrees with them even when another group expresses something different.

Last edited: