• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does it mean "I never knew you"?

sincerly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincerly View Post
SW, the statement which kjw47 wrote is scripturally correct.
What you wrote concerning the JWS is how you have witnessed their dealings with the Scriptural accounts.

Yes. Should I thank you for telling me what I am doing?

NO! I was just trying to understand the difference in the posts by each.

Quote: Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Jesus taught the way---Man does not live by bread alone, but by every utterance from God

Originally Posted by sincerly View Post Again, kjw47's statement is correct,

However, it is not correct, when the "utterance of the governing body's interpretation" is contrary to the Scriptural intended factual meaning.

Like I said.

Originally Posted by sincerly View Post and you are equating it with the "governing body".

THEY equate Jesus' words with the governing body. Did you not know that?

How could I?

Originally Posted by sincerly View Post Were both of you members of the same "body"?

No. There is only one spiritual body. They are not it. But I was a member of their group for approximately twenty years.

True, there is only one body of Jesus Christ. The One HE was rebuilding is the same one which was Peter was proclaiming at Pentecost and Stephen was preaching when he was stoned to death. Acts 7;38-39+, "This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us: To whom our fathers would not obey, but thrust him from them, and in their hearts turned back again into Egypt,..."
The "fathers" at Sinai and at the crucifixion, "thrust HIM from them".

Originally Posted by sincerly View Post It is true that the only "truth" is from the "Living God" and not from the decrees and traditions of man----whether "Pope" or "governing body".

Do I look stupid?

It is only when one refuses to hear and obey the instructions of the "Living GOD" that one---not only, but exhibits a lack of intelligence.---their "fruit."

Originally Posted by sincerly View Post Every person has to do as the Bereans did Acts 17:11, " These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so."
The teachings of the scriptures are the "Truth"---not necessarily what man's interpretation states.

Then, we agree!

AK4

Hey Robert Evans and Savagewind

What did you find wrong with L R Smiths teachings?

Me I was sorta a JW before too (not formally, but I was believing at some point some of the things they taught until God start showing the errors of all their teachings). But as for being non-formally a JW, I also was non-formally with many of the other sects of Christianity till I was told/shown by God to "come out of her My people".

Robert, I am still a member of the bibletruths forum so I curious, what was it you told this lady that made the mods boot you from the forum. There are strict rules, not many but some strict rules that we have all come to understand that must be enforced so our forum don't get corrupted like the many forums out there. One strict one is we don't teach on the forum, we can share ideas and thoughts based on the principles we've learned but we are not to try to teach. We recognized that that is one of the biggest falls of other peoples forums.

One other strict rule is, and it makes sense when you think about it, is we are supposed to be a group of like minded believers, if someone joins us and start trying to teach or expound on something contrary to the principles we've learned, we let you speak for a little, then if you still refuse to accept the principles we learned from the scriptures, like lets say a simple one God is love, if someone joins and tries to expound or teach the contrary or speak in contradictions and say in one breath God is love but in another he/she says God will torture someone hell for eternity, we will boot you. Not because you have different viewpoints from us but you have a spirit contrary to the Word of God.

That was longwinded but to summarize...

1 Corinthians 15:33 Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character...

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
When Jesus says "get away from me" will they? If they do then why? If he makes them go away, why doesn't he make them righteously inclined instead of waiting for the end to make them?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
What did you find wrong with L R Smiths teachings?

Me I was sorta a JW before too (not formally, but I was believing at some point some of the things they taught until God start showing the errors of all their teachings). But as for being non-formally a JW, I also was non-formally with many of the other sects of Christianity till I was told/shown by God to "come out of her My people".

Robert, I am still a member of the bibletruths forum so I curious, what was it you told this lady that made the mods boot you from the forum. There are strict rules, not many but some strict rules that we have all come to understand that must be enforced so our forum don't get corrupted like the many forums out there. One strict one is we don't teach on the forum, we can share ideas and thoughts based on the principles we've learned but we are not to try to teach. We recognized that that is one of the biggest falls of other peoples forums.

One other strict rule is, and it makes sense when you think about it, is we are supposed to be a group of like minded believers, if someone joins us and start trying to teach or expound on something contrary to the principles we've learned, we let you speak for a little, then if you still refuse to accept the principles we learned from the scriptures, like lets say a simple one God is love, if someone joins and tries to expound or teach the contrary or speak in contradictions and say in one breath God is love but in another he/she says God will torture someone hell for eternity, we will boot you. Not because you have different viewpoints from us but you have a spirit contrary to the Word of God.

That was longwinded but to summarize...

1 Corinthians 15:33 Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character...

I have no religion.
But with rhetoric such as yours.....I might leave you behind.
(as if I never knew you)

The word of God is not a collection of retort in a book.

Spirit first.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you....
is all that you ever needed....nothing else....nothing more.

What was that about.....a boot?......or was that about a book?

sincerly

When Jesus says "get away from me" will they? If they do then why? If he makes them go away, why doesn't he make them righteously inclined instead of waiting for the end to make them?

SW, the context of that whole teaching session starts with Matt.5:1-7:29.
The portion of Judging and entering into the Kingdom of GOD(heaven) is seen in 7:13-29. The day "of entering into that Kingdom" is still ahead of us. And the "departing" is into the "Fire" for those "bad bearing fruit trees"/or those who "work iniquity".
GOD is/has been "long-suffering with mankind to "Repent" and "submit to the Will of the Father". It is those who are arrogantly and defiantly resistant to having GOD as their GOD in preference to their own "lustful willful evil machinations" that have resisted the pleadings of the Holy Spirit and choose the fires which cleanse the earth of wickedness.

sincerly

Thief, in your reply to AK4 you wrote:

I have no religion.
But with rhetoric such as yours.....I might leave you behind.
(as if I never knew you)

The word of God is not a collection of retort in a book.

Spirit first.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you....
is all that you ever needed....nothing else....nothing more.

What was that about.....a boot?......or was that about a book?

The Golden Rule is great/true as it applies to the human race with each other, but is lacking in the experience one should have with the Creator GOD of all things.
As Matt.6:33, states, " But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."
It is that covenant relationship with GOD as GOD that is "needed".

The Scriptures are a continual retort of the wicked ways of the human race--because they rejected the Love relationship to GOD and resorted to the distrust of GOD and each other.

Mankind has given the Scriptures(Bible) the "boot" for the intellectual falseness of human philosophy/reasoning.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Thief, in your reply to AK4 you wrote:

The Golden Rule is great/true as it applies to the human race with each other, but is lacking in the experience one should have with the Creator GOD of all things.
As Matt.6:33, states, " But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

The Scriptures are a continual retort of the wicked ways of the human race--because they rejected the Love relationship to GOD and resorted to the distrust of GOD and each other.

Mankind has given the Scriptures(Bible) the "boot" for the intellectual falseness of human philosophy/reasoning.

And the devil knows the Scriptures.....old testament, new testament, the Quran, the Talmud, the writings of Shakespeare and Kant, Aquinas and Aristotle......

but for all the devil may know, He does not walk in heaven.

We all quote something else at one time or another.
Later, as we stand before heaven....
Someone will ask....'Who told you that and why did you believe it?'

If you say well enough, you and your mentor will have better days.
If not...you might be in trouble....and the angelic will seek out the source of the problem.

Part of the chain letter?........

sincerly

Thief, in your reply to AK4 you wrote: "The Golden Rule is great/true as it applies to the human race with each other", but is lacking in the experience one should have with the Creator GOD of all things.

And the devil knows the Scriptures.....old testament, new testament, the Quran, the Talmud, the writings of Shakespeare and Kant, Aquinas and Aristotle......

If not...you might be in trouble....and the angelic will seek out the source of the problem.

Thief, """as we stand before heaven(the judgment seat)....""" that applies to the wicked. The redeemed will have been in heaven for 1000 years.
Those will not be able to give a satisfactory answer for disbelieving/rejecting the truth.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Your quoting technique is a bit misleading.

It places my pen name to your handiwork.

So....were you agreeing to my post previous to this one?

sincerly

Your quoting technique is a bit misleading.

It places my pen name to your handiwork.

I assure you that my pen name is more to my characteristics than is "thief"---and I have no interest in "misleading".
That "thief" on the cross rightly discerned the hatred exhibited by the "people and their leaders". As a Jew, a member of the "chosen people of GOD, he, no doubt, had some knowledge of the "promised Redeemer/Savior of mankind." Had he been to John the Baptist's teaching?---We aren't told. However, from his vantage point of seeing/hearing the comments of the mob and the other thief as well as seeing the response of Jesus to it all, he was able to comprehend that Jesus was, indeed, who the mockingly accused Jesus of Being. He admitted/confessed his sins and acknowledged Jesus as LORD and that he wanted to be a part of HIS kingdom.

So....were you agreeing to my post previous to this one?

Thief, let's look at that previous post.

That is true! Satan and his wicked/rebellious angels are reserved for the final judging/execution of the sentence---at that great white throne scene.

Thief, there are two resurrections according to Jesus and the Scriptures---a thousand years apart.
The "We" quoting during this life-time is acknowledged right or wrong during this life-time. And Corrected as needs be or arrogantly held to.
Therefore, the Righteous will have corrected any wrong ideas. They will not stand before the throne because their sins have already been "forgiven" prior to that first Resurrection.
It will be the Wicked who will be standing "before that heaven" throne. They have no excuse to offer---only an acknowledgement that GOD is Righteous in HIS Judgment.

Yes! the Scriptures are not just a "chain letter", but a divine LOVE LETTER encouraging rebellious mankind to repent and return to the Love, Mercy, Gracious, Just, Creator GOD.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I assure you that my pen name is more to my characteristics than is "thief"---and I have no interest in "misleading".
That "thief" on the cross rightly discerned the hatred exhibited by the "people and their leaders". As a Jew, a member of the "chosen people of GOD, he, no doubt, had some knowledge of the "promised Redeemer/Savior of mankind." Had he been to John the Baptist's teaching?---We aren't told. However, from his vantage point of seeing/hearing the comments of the mob and the other thief as well as seeing the response of Jesus to it all, he was able to comprehend that Jesus was, indeed, who the mockingly accused Jesus of Being. He admitted/confessed his sins and acknowledged Jesus as LORD and that he wanted to be a part of HIS kingdom.

Thief, let's look at that previous post.

That is true! Satan and his wicked/rebellious angels are reserved for the final judging/execution of the sentence---at that great white throne scene.

Thief, there are two resurrections according to Jesus and the Scriptures---a thousand years apart.
The "We" quoting during this life-time is acknowledged right or wrong during this life-time. And Corrected as needs be or arrogantly held to.
Therefore, the Righteous will have corrected any wrong ideas. They will not stand before the throne because their sins have already been "forgiven" prior to that first Resurrection.
It will be the Wicked who will be standing "before that heaven" throne. They have no excuse to offer---only an acknowledgement that GOD is Righteous in HIS Judgment.

Yes! the Scriptures are not just a "chain letter", but a divine LOVE LETTER encouraging rebellious mankind to repent and return to the Love, Mercy, Gracious, Just, Creator GOD.

Your spirit is tenacious....I'll give you that much.

But like unto the Thief that Jesus knew.....it is the same with me.
I shall ask a remembrance, first.
knowing, THAT, may be all I receive.

If I am allowed to follow.....I will do so quietly.

For now, I must speak as I see fit.
If I stand silent before my fellow man, heaven will not speak of me.

Last edited:

kjw47

Actually satan and his angels are in spiritual darkness--they do not understand Gods written word( nor do mortals) only the ones listening to Jesus' real teachers have a deep understanding.
Gods word teaches---the angels are desiring to peer into Gods word( truth)

certain truths had to be hidden so they could not be altered over the centuries, but now, here in these last days--through Jesus' real teachers--these truths are now light-Daniel 12:4)

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Actually satan and his angels are in spiritual darkness--they do not understand Gods written word( nor do mortals) only the ones listening to Jesus' real teachers have a deep understanding.

certain truths had to be hidden so they could not be altered over the centuries, but now, here in these last days--through Jesus' real teachers--these truths are now light-Daniel 12:4)

Jesus has real teachers you say. Jesus must laugh at that as it reads he has teachers teaching him. Haha But you mean he has provided teachers who teach us. Can you please prove it using scripture that is not a question?

I have some about teachers. No word from Jesus though except not to call them teachers.

Matthew 23:8 But you are not to be called 'Rabbi,' for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers.

1 Cor 12:28 And God has placed in the church first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, of helping, of guidance, and of different kinds of tongues.

Eph 4:11 So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers

2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

Luke 2:46 After three days they found him in the temple courts, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions.

Every other scripture about teaching refers to HIM.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
According to Matthew 23:8 the faithful and discreet slave should be forbidding you to call them teachers. Are you a real Jehovah's Witness?

8 But you, do not you be called Rabbi, for one is your Teacher,+ and all of you are brothers.

sincerly

Your spirit is tenacious....I'll give you that much.

But like unto the Thief that Jesus knew.....it is the same with me.
I shall ask a remembrance, first.
knowing, THAT, may be all I receive.

If I am allowed to follow.....I will do so quietly.

For now, I must speak as I see fit.
If I stand silent before my fellow man, heaven will not speak of me.

Thief, it is the Scriptures which are tenacious/seeking to have the reader "abide".
That thief on the cross first acknowledged that he belonged on the Cross and acknowledged that Jesus was innocent; and acknowledging that the mocking accusing crowd was erroneous in their condemnation, he saw Jesus for who HE IS/Was--- the savior of sinners.
It was then that he wanted to be "remembered."

Speak to you heart's content, but let it be in accord to the truth of the Scriptures.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Do you know what the title Rabbi means?

sincerly

kjw47, Satan and his angels were well aware of GOD'S "light for life", but they rebelled and are "reserved for their final "punishment---death/ceasing to exist".
GOD has never hidden the truths for salvation from mankind---mankind has never been in the "dark" in that regards. Starting with Gen,3:15.
The prophets were "real teachers" and rejected. Jesus sent HIS disciples(real teachers) with the "everlasting Gospel" and HIS message began to reach the entire world.
Yes, the Scriptures, Rev.14:6-12, do tell of the last teachers of the Everlasting Gospel being carried to the ends of the earth. "Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus."

Thief

Rogue Theologian

You have yet to spot the difference in two levels of ignorance.

There is the ignorant, who have not heard.
There are those who chose to ignore.

The second level is profound.

Thief

Rogue Theologian

Thief, it is the Scriptures which are tenacious/seeking to have the reader "abide".
That thief on the cross first acknowledged that he belonged on the Cross and acknowledged that Jesus was innocent; and acknowledging that the mocking accusing crowd was erroneous in their condemnation, he saw Jesus for who HE IS/Was--- the savior of sinners.
It was then that he wanted to be "remembered."

Speak to you heart's content, but let it be in accord to the truth of the Scriptures.

I don't see that I missed anything.

sincerly

I don't see that I missed anything.

Then one can rest assured that having heeded 2Pet.1:10, "Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:"---there is nothing to fear for the future as one has remembered how GOD has lead in the past.