• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does God want from you?

Elihoenai

OK. God creates the universe and God creates you. What does God want from you?

If you are an atheist, speculate. If God really exists and creates the universe and God creates you. What does God want from you?

Before you just give a quick answer, consider a Being capable of creating the universe and you has to be very very smart. Consider High Intellect with your answers. Make God's answer High Intellect.
Ephesians 4:6

6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

What you See and Hear is what Elohim/God wants from You? What you Are is what Elohim/God Ordained for you. Everything that happens is the Will of Elohim/God and Ordained by Elohim/God.

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you

If you are an atheist, speculate. If God really exists and creates the universe and God creates you. What does God want from you?

Before you just give a quick answer, consider a Being capable of creating the universe and you has to be very very smart. Consider High Intellect with your answers. Make God's answer High Intellect.
I’d say that each spiritual calling is different and that all are of equal importance and value to God.

My calling requires me to live as attentively, selflessly (free from self[-interest]) and humbly towards others as possible.

Both when I succeed and when I fail, the value of this practice is felt most clearly.

Humbly,
Hermit

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Nothing at all. He/It has no wants. But my spiritual experiences have helped to guide me to identify things that I could choose to do that would make my life meaningful and constructive withing the matrix of this world. For example, help in creating technologies and skills for preventing global ecological destruction and climate change.

The God who made the world and all things in it, this One being Lord of Heaven and of earth, does not dwell in handmade temples, nor is served by hands of men, as having need of anything. For He is giving life and breath and all things to all.
Acts 17:24-25

What could anyone give to God, when He has given everything we have?

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

Well, I don't know, since I have found no way of knowing God.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nothing at all. He/It has no wants. But my spiritual experiences have helped to guide me to identify things that I could choose to do that would make my life meaningful and constructive withing the matrix of this world. For example, help in creating technologies and skills for preventing global ecological destruction and climate change.
I will add to this. The knowledge and awareness of the gravity of ecological fallout of human consumption driven growth and climate change first came to me from my "spiritual" experience itself. I have never been able to develop any naturalistic explanation of my near certain awareness of a potential future of human caused wildfires, rising seas, furnace like summers and draught ridden brown fields much much before climate change have ever been heard anywhere in my circles (1994, India. Just a few years after the 1st IPCC report. Such things were not in circulation in India at all at that time. In any case I was 10 years old). I could almost feel that future - the heat of the wildfire, the wetness as the sea flooded the city I lived in then (Kolkata, beside the sea), the dust that the soil had become because of the droughts and the summer heat. I sensed them as if I was there. The memory of seeing and feeling that future is more intense than any other memory I retain from that time. And dead birds, hundreds of them as they had starved and died because of the heat and drought. Throughout this "vision" that I saw, there was an awareness that this can happen and will happen if nothing is done to stop it....but it could be stopped and there was something that may be done to prevent it. Then I well remember thinking..."How can anything prevent this" and a thought rose up as an answer telling me to look to science as a beginning.

I am a very skeptical person by nature....even then. I have never believed in ghosts, santas, any supernatural things whatsoever. But what I saw scared and motivated me enough to start looking. In India, long before the age of internet or computers or even cable tv (all of that came later...at least to my modest income family house) it took quite sometime to look. I began to take interest in science, especially physics, geology, biology and history of the earth. There was already some awareness that forest ecosystems are stressed, environmentalism was well developed especially in western countries...so some books talked about it. So a part of it looked possible. I also saw that past climates have changed, there were ice ages before. But still, it was after 2000 that I first heard talk of humans warming the climate. It was still very low key in India. But it was enough for me to start reading on this matter. After that it has really been a one pointed progressing with increasing confirmation through scientific data, predictive models, potential solutions through renewable technology etc etc. It is also clear that the problem...while started and identified in the West...will have to be solved here in the developing world, especially in India and other populous countries whose growth will make the problem truly desperate over the decades if a sustainable means to manage the growth cannot be found. I will work on this as far as I am able and as long as I can. Nobody needs anything other than science today to get convinced of the urgency here. But I cannot deny that there was a definite and clear mystical intervention in my life that gave me this "calling" and my initial seed motivation to pursue science as if my life and the lives of many many others depended on it....as I saw that it did.