• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think of the virgin birth of Jesus ?

What's your opinion about the virgin birth of Jesus

• Total voters

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
My friend, I am asking YOU. It is after all YOUR argument. Why would I be obliged to correct your argument? Such as?

That will be irrelevant to the OP about Jesus birth besides you can search for the evidences yourself if interesting.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Yeah, well he ain't getting no thanks from me; I didn't ask him the favor.
btw I thanks God .

when the cars and planes , could thanks the human , did the car had the ability to know that it's designed by human ?

if that happened , that may the cars will be favor to save and care about human more and more .

Neither humans, nor creatures, nor cars or planes, are perfectly designed. There is no such as thing as perfect design. Unless, of course, God's design was to hit me with an incurable disease that results from my genetics (not like a bacteria or virus or anything), in which case, me and god greatly disagree on what perfect is.

Why do I think humans and stuff doesn't need to be designed? Easy, there is no god, yet everything exists. Saturn didn't need to be designed, yet it's there.

Remember, it's not the case that I disbelieve God because I think evolution is true. It's not the case that I think evolution is true because I disbelieve in God. I simply do not believe because it is ultimately contradictory, nonsensical, and illogical, and this is independent of any particular fact about biology.

My question could something (car,human,tree,animal...) be auto-design , or there is a suppose designer ?

let's suppse it's auto-design , who make the plan of auto-design ?

dust1n

Zindīq
btw I thanks God .

when the cars and planes , could thanks the human , did the car had the ability to know that it's designed by human ?

if that happened , that may the cars will be favor to save and care about human more and more .

Well, it's pretty hard me to speculate on how a plane would feel under any hypothetical. But if you know of anything that is like a jet engine that god made, I'd be interested in looking at it.

My question could something (car,human,tree,animal...) be auto-design , or there is a suppose designer ?

let's suppse it's auto-design , who make the plan of auto-design ?

I think the more important question to me, is that do you think that everything is designed? The rocks? The wind patterns? The trillions upon trillions upon trillions of atoms interacting in every given second of every given space at all times? Why stop at car, human, tree, animal? Did God design E. Coli, Polio, Salmonella?

Did this all happen by chance, except for the things you think are sufficiently complex enough to to merit a creator? Or is every single thing in every single moment designed?

dust1n

Zindīq
Here's a great example of good design:

Plasmodium falciparum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

God's perfect design:

Plasmodium_falciparum_01.png

Plasmodium falciparum is a protozoan parasite, one of the species of Plasmodium that cause malaria in humans. It is transmitted by the female Anopheles mosquito. Malaria caused by this species (also called malignant[2] or falciparum[3] malaria) is the most dangerous form of malaria,[4] with the highest rates of complications and mortality. As of the latest World Health Organization report in 2014, there were 198 million cases of malaria worldwide in 2013, with an estimated death of 584,000.[5][6] It is much more prevalent in sub-Saharan Africa than in many other regions of the world; in most African countries, over 75% of cases were due to P. falciparum, whereas in most other countries with malaria transmission, other, less virulent plasmodial species predominate. Almost every malarial death is caused by P. falciparum.[7]

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Here's a great example of good design:

Plasmodium falciparum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

God's perfect design:

Plasmodium_falciparum_01.png

Plasmodium falciparum is a protozoan parasite, one of the species of Plasmodium that cause malaria in humans. It is transmitted by the female Anopheles mosquito. Malaria caused by this species (also called malignant[2] or falciparum[3] malaria) is the most dangerous form of malaria,[4] with the highest rates of complications and mortality. As of the latest World Health Organization report in 2014, there were 198 million cases of malaria worldwide in 2013, with an estimated death of 584,000.[5][6] It is much more prevalent in sub-Saharan Africa than in many other regions of the world; in most African countries, over 75% of cases were due to P. falciparum, whereas in most other countries with malaria transmission, other, less virulent plasmodial species predominate. Almost every malarial death is caused by P. falciparum.[7]

The evil can be anything, humans, animals or the unseen organisms.

Eileen

Perhaps someone already mentioned this and I just missed the post but being espoused to Yosef was not the same thing as being engaged.

After researching the Torah requirements for a marriage, the customs that existed in the day and Hebrew/Greco idioms this picture emerges. The marriage contract had already been agreed upon and signed. In the eyes of HaShem and Torah Mary and Yosef were already married they had simply not taken up residency together. There was no Torah (or God given) reason for them to not engage in marital relations. It was the custom of their time to have a waiting period before a wedding feast. Usually for the woman to prepare by making and accumulating items to use in her new dwelling place (linens, pottery, etc.) and to allow the groom to prepare a living place for his wife. If Yosef already had a place (which it appears he had) he only had to 'take Mary, his wife,' (Mt 1:20) to where they were going to live. Actually a marriage ceremony or feast was not necessary for a betrothed man and woman to start living together only a signed ketubah (marriage contract). At one time eloping carried a stigma in our society but there was actually nothing illegal about it. It may be that to not have a 'wedding feast' but just start living together was not the 'socially accepted' thing to do in Mary and Yosef's time but it was legal.

Jews then as now expected a fully human Messiah and almost every young Jewish women lived with the idea that it was possible for them to be the mother of the Messiah so it seems the natural thing for the young Jewish girl, Mary, upon hearing that she was to actually be the mother of the human Messiah, to find her husband, Yosef to get the ball rolling-sort of speak.

Not too many decades ago it was an unusual thing for a young wife to get pregnant at her first sexual encounter and such was the case in Mary's day. Mary did get pregnant at their first sexual encounter it is quite likely Josef may have assumed she had had more encounters with some other man either before of after and he was inclined to "put her away" for that reason. It was the angel in his dream that assured him that he indeed was the father and that he should go get her and bring her into the dwelling place he had prepared for them to live.

Was Mary a virgin before she conceived? Yes but was not a virgin when she gave birth The verses in Matthew 1 and Isaiah 7 support this idea and they do not say either young woman gave birth as a virgin.

I expect many here will argue this but that is okay as I do not believe this is a 'salvation issue' and am just sharing what I have come to believe is the most likely scenario.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Well, it's pretty hard me to speculate on how a plane would feel under any hypothetical. But if you know of anything that is like a jet engine that god made, I'd be interested in looking at it.
because cars don't have the ability to cognition and intelligence to know it's designed by human .

I think the more important question to me, is that do you think that everything is designed? The rocks? The wind patterns? The trillions upon trillions upon trillions of atoms interacting in every given second of every given space at all times? Why stop at car, human, tree, animal? Did God design E. Coli, Polio, Salmonella?

Did this all happen by chance, except for the things you think are sufficiently complex enough to to merit a creator? Or is every single thing in every single moment designed?

everything is designed : "bad ","good" , "life" , "death", by God .

God creat the disease and it's cure.

there is no chance in creation everything is well designed , so mother breast would not drop milk to feed the baby just after him birth .

to bird build a nest , then stay on his eggs , then feed his babies ...etc

dust1n

Zindīq
because cars don't have the ability to cognition and intelligence to know it's designed by human .

Correct.

everything is designed : "bad ","good" , "life" , "death", by God .

God creat the disease and it's cure.

there is no chance in creation everything is well designed , so mother breast would not drop milk to feed the baby just after him birth .

to bird build a nest , then stay on his eggs , then feed his babies ...etc

Well, that's unfortunate, because I find it difficult that anyone who designed and responsible for the millions of children that starve to death on the planet is worthy of my praise or consideration. It'd take hell anyday.

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
Surely the only out come from a "Virgin birth" would be XX ie female as there would be no XY chromosomes present. May be Jesusette was a cross dresser.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
So, if God is going about designing evil, how can he be just?

He created creatures that possess free will, the jinn were more powerful than humans and some of them became harmful and enemies to humans.
Undertaken by Allah is (to show) the right path, while there are some (paths) that are crooked. Had He so willed, He would have led all of you to the right path.(16:9)

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Do you like dog's meat ?

Nope. I tried that in Hong Kong, but it is too hard meat for my taste. It is tolerable only with enough chily peppers.

By the way, dog and cat meat is served in Switzerland too, especially at Xmas, in some areas of the country, so I don't understand your question.

So, your turn. how do you know you do not like pork or wine? Ever tried those delicious salami from the Toscana with a nice Chianti?

Ciao

- viole

Last edited:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Nope. I tried that in Hong Kong, but it is too hard meat for my taste. It is tolerable only with enough chily peppers.

By the way, dog and cat meat is served in Switzerland too, especially at Xmas, in some areas of the country, so I don't understand your question.

So, your turn. how do you know you do not like pork or wine? Ever tried those delicious salami from the Toscana with a nice Chianti?

Ciao

- viole

UUGGHHH

So if the taste of the dog was great then you'll keep on eating dogs and cats, you know if you're the only woman on earth and looks as an angel, i won't even touch you.
Oh, how i know how the angels look like.

How did you find the taste of the cockroaches ? was it great.