• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think of the virgin birth of Jesus ?

What's your opinion about the virgin birth of Jesus

• Total voters

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Then why worship something you know absolutely nothing about? That's like worshipping a vacuum. It's really worshiping nothing.

I don't have any problem in obeying God's rules on earth, i don't like wines and i found fresh fruits is better than alcohol, i don't like drugs, i don't like pork and i found fish,chicken, lamb and beef meat good and enough for me, i don't like adultery and i found it to be disgusting and disturbing for the mind and the soul, i don't oppress anyone, i don't hurt anyone.

I don't need to see God and i just believe that i'm doing the right thing, if doctors advised me to stop smoking, do i need to see them telling me that or just i can read what they did say about the harm of smoking.

Messengers came to tell us what is good and what is bad, we may obey or disobey.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Did you observe God creating a virgin birth? (books don't count) Were you there? By your logic you are as wrong as everyone else, because you can't have known any of this took place, because you did not "observe" it.

Yes exactly, we didn't see the virgin mary bringing a child without a father and we didn't see a bacteria evolving to a human being by time.

dust1n

Zindīq
thanks god .

Yeah, well he ain't getting no thanks from me; I didn't ask him the favor.

and plus if human could plan and design different model of the cars,planes...etc , then since the cars and planes did not creat (desing) it-self , so why not Human and other creatures ?

are not the human and other creatures are perfect desinged (as cars,planes) ?

Neither humans, nor creatures, nor cars or planes, are perfectly designed. There is no such as thing as perfect design. Unless, of course, God's design was to hit me with an incurable disease that results from my genetics (not like a bacteria or virus or anything), in which case, me and god greatly disagree on what perfect is.

Why do I think humans and stuff doesn't need to be designed? Easy, there is no god, yet everything exists. Saturn didn't need to be designed, yet it's there.

Remember, it's not the case that I disbelieve God because I think evolution is true. It's not the case that I think evolution is true because I disbelieve in God. I simply do not believe because it is ultimately contradictory, nonsensical, and illogical, and this is independent of any particular fact about biology.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Yeah, well he ain't getting no thanks from me; I didn't ask him the favor.

Neither humans, nor creatures, nor cars or planes, are perfectly designed. There is no such as thing as perfect design. Unless, of course, God's design was to hit me with an incurable disease that results from my genetics (not like a bacteria or virus or anything), in which case, me and god greatly disagree on what perfect is.

Why do I think humans and stuff doesn't need to be designed? Easy, there is no god, yet everything exists. Saturn didn't need to be designed, yet it's there.

Remember, it's not the case that I disbelieve God because I think evolution is true. It's not the case that I think evolution is true because I disbelieve in God. I simply do not believe because it is ultimately contradictory, nonsensical, and illogical, and this is independent of any particular fact about biology.

Why not only the earth, the sun and the moon, that will be a wonderful universe ?
Why not all of us were infected with cancer ?
Why not all of us were born as disabled ?
Why not all of us were born as loonies ?
Why we live 80 years, why not 2 years, why not 5 years , why not 20 years, why not to live for eternity ?

Why to believe in God while there are many planets and a spacious universe ?
Why to believe in God while there are some loonies ?
Why to believe in God while children are dying ?

I believe in the bad and the good things happening to us, and i believe that there will be another life after this life, and i believe in and trust God.

dust1n

Zindīq
Why not only the earth, the sun and the moon, that will be a wonderful universe ?
Why not all of us were infected with cancer ?
Why not all of us were born as disabled ?
Why not all of us were born as loonies ?
Why we live 80 years, why not 2 years, why not 5 years , why not 20 years, why not to live for eternity ?

Why to believe in God while there are many planets and a spacious universe ?
Why to believe in God while there are some loonies ?
Why to believe in God while children are dying ?

All interesting questions on their own right.

I believe in the bad and the good things happening to us, and i believe that there will be another life after this life, and i believe in and trust God.

That's fine. I see no problem with maintaining that belief at all. I just don't have any sort of conviction of similar nature.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
My words are very clear, i said we don't know what God's nature is and we know nothing about him.
You're the one repeating the same questions.
Only because they are the obvious questions, and you never answer them. Your argument simply doesn't make sense - you do not know how god came to be, and so all of this nonsense about 'a building needs a builder' is reduced to gibberish by the simple fact that your builder apparently does not need a builder.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I don't have any problem in obeying God's rules on earth, i don't like wines and i found fresh fruits is better than alcohol, i don't like drugs, i don't like pork and i found fish,chicken, lamb and beef meat good and enough for me, i don't like adultery and i found it to be disgusting and disturbing for the mind and the soul, i don't oppress anyone, i don't hurt anyone.

I don't need to see God and i just believe that i'm doing the right thing, if doctors advised me to stop smoking, do i need to see them telling me that or just i can read what they did say about the harm of smoking.

Messengers came to tell us what is good and what is bad, we may obey or disobey.

And I don't need to "see" evolution (Even though there is a huge myriad of scientifically accurate and proven evidence).

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
And I don't need to "see" evolution (Even though there is a huge myriad of scientifically accurate and proven evidence).

What makes the organism to be able to mutate and to evolve to a more complex organism ?
Was it by chance and coincidence that the DNA is made mutable ?

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
What makes the organism to be able to mutate and to evolve to a more complex organism ?
Was it by chance and coincidence that the DNA is made mutable ?
No, DNA evolved that way. It was not chance, it was environmental feedback.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Only because they are the obvious questions, and you never answer them. Your argument simply doesn't make sense - you do not know how god came to be, and so all of this nonsense about 'a building needs a builder' is reduced to gibberish by the simple fact that your builder apparently does not need a builder.

I don't know why God is always existing and has no beginning and has no end, but that is a fact because here we are.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
I don't know why God is always existing and has no beginning and has no end, but that is a fact because here we are.
Ok, so you admit you do not know how God has always existed - so why would non-believers need to know how the universe exists? Why would they need to know something you don't know?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
No, DNA evolved that way. It was not chance, it was environmental feedback.

And why the DNA was made to mutate according to the environmental feedback, was it by chance and coincidence or was designed to mutate according to the environmental feedback ?

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
And why the DNA was made to mutate according to the environmental feedback, was it by chance and coincidence or was designed to mutate according to the environmental feedback ?
What makes you think it was made? Why would it need a designer? God didn't apparently - so why would mere DNA need a designer if a far more complex God did not need one? It doesn't make sense.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Ok, so you admit you do not know how God has always existed - so why would non-believers need to know how the universe exists? Why would they need to know something you don't know?

You believe that nothing created the whole things and i believe that there must be a first thing that created all things.
Do you think your logic is better than mine ?

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
You believe that nothing created the whole things and i believe that there must be a first thing that created all things.
Do you think your logic is better than mine ?
No, you have a short memory. I do not believe that at all, and have told you a number of times now.

But anyway, you say that there must be a first thing to make all things - except god right? Why doesn't it apply to him?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
What makes you think it was made? Why would it need a designer? God didn't apparently - so why would mere DNA need a designer if a far more complex God did not need one? It doesn't make sense.

If the DNA isn't made then it was due to chance and coincidence and that doesn't make any sense to me.