• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think Bible or Islamic texts wants the reader to think?

firedragon

Veteran Member
The copy and paste is from places i read it from though. I linked the Hadith even. If you dont believe me in Quranic ones. You can search it up yourself and see if i have pasted something wrong

I dont know about wrong or right, but only if you gave the source to your translation I can tell you anything.

Nevertheless, if you want to study the subject, go to proper educational sources.

Lars

I dont know about wrong or right, but only if you gave the source to your translation I can tell you anything.

Nevertheless, if you want to study the subject, go to proper educational sources.
Would you say "sunnah.com" isnt a right webside to read sunni hadiths? Its one i read english translation from.

firedragon

Veteran Member
quran.com

I dont know that translation. But is this the website you referred to? Yep. Ill take a look.

I took a look in two minutes. Thats not where you got that verse cut and paste from. Let me cut and paste from this Quran.com

"He admits whoever He wills into His mercy. As for the wrongdoers, He has prepared for them a painful punishment"

See. It says wrongdoers. Not unbelievers.

No worries mate. Maybe you found that in some website. But that's not a good way to make research. Go to educational sources.

Lars

I dont know that translation. But is this the website you referred to? Yep. Ill take a look.

I took a look in two minutes. Thats not where you got that verse cut and paste from. Let me cut and paste from this Quran.com

"He admits whoever He wills into His mercy. As for the wrongdoers, He has prepared for them a painful punishment"

See. It says wrongdoers. Not unbelievers.

No worries mate. Maybe you found that in some website. But that's not a good way to make research. Go to educational sources.

Yeah its what i posted. Incase you didnt know. I used two Quranic ones. And one from Sunnah.com

Here is quranic ones. You just have to pay attention to what i write : D
Surah Al-Ma'idah - 82
Surah Al-Insan - 31

edit: Or wait? Did the text change. Ok i did not change that i promise. But yeah i noticed now. It said on the site "
He admits whoever He wills into His mercy. As for the wrongdoers, He has prepared for them a painful punishment"

As for the wrongdoers," it didnt write that. But i think you are shifting it away from the topic here. Either case, i didnt intentionally change it (i copied and pasted from that site, but that was odd). The website itself could use some ironing to begin with if i were to criticize, since its hard to find stuff easily by chapter and verse "interms of writing it in"

Lars

Ah ok, here is the problem

Surah Al-Insan - 31
Here. I searched up "disbeliever torment allah is merciful" on quran.com search engine.
I clicked this. And it gave me this translation. So now you know i am not making it up XD

So maybe this is the site going nuts, i dunno. But that should be something that needs to be fixed if they dont give me the full verse in a sense

firedragon

Veteran Member
Yeah its what i posted. Incase you didnt know. I used two Quranic ones. And one from Sunnah.com

Here is quranic ones. You just have to pay attention to what i write : D
Surah Al-Ma'idah - 82
Surah Al-Insan - 31

edit: Or wait? Did the text change. Ok i did not change that i promise. But yeah i noticed now. It said on the site "
He admits whoever He wills into His mercy. As for the wrongdoers, He has prepared for them a painful punishment"

As for the wrongdoers," it didnt write that. But i think you are shifting it away from the topic here. Either case, i didnt intentionally change it (i copied and pasted from that site, but that was odd). The website itself could use some ironing to begin with if i were to criticize, since its hard to find stuff easily by chapter and verse "interms of writing it in"

Lol. No worries. I see you want to Debate for some reason. So you have studied the subject.

1. Can you give me the difference between Kaafiroon and Zalimoon? Linguistic difference.
2. You cited ibn kaseer. Whats the difference in him stating one is Thabanni and Roowya?

Pls explain.

Lars

Lol. No worries. I see you want to Debate for some reason. So you have studied the subject.

1. Can you give me the difference between Kaafiroon and Zalimoon? Linguistic difference.
2. You cited ibn kaseer. Whats the difference in him stating one is Thabanni and Roowya?

Pls explain.

Not on that level. I just mean in context to reading a english translation. Interms of ibn kathir i read from this site.
Plan on learning arabic once i have done audiobooks of rest of sunnah.com hadiths and ibn kathir tafsir. Then i want to read Shia hadith.
QTafsir Tafsir Ibn Kathir Mobile

So i dont know classical arabic or any of that :p

"Looked up the words. And i have read them, but they change all the times so i find it odd with english mixed with arabic" but zalimun is wrongdoers and Kafirmun or whatever is disbelievers. Kafir etc.

I just dont know arabic so its ??? whenever its added usually.
I just continue to read. I may sometimes look up words if they repeat themselves

firedragon

Veteran Member
Not on that level. I just mean in context to reading a english translation. Interms of ibn kathir i read from this site.
Plan on learning arabic once i have done audiobooks of rest of sunnah.com hadiths and ibn kathir tafsir. Then i want to read Shia hadith.
QTafsir Tafsir Ibn Kathir Mobile

So i dont know classical arabic or any of that :p

Not good enough. In that case, get into good discussion, not debate. Quoting ibn Kathir as you spelled his name, without knowing his methodology is absolutely invalid. Anyway your kind of research is shallow surfing, so you will find what you want online, but not knowledge or any information valid enough to think you are debating or in making such pseudo confident statements. But of course you will continue doing that.

"Looked up the words. And i have read them, but they change all the times so i find it odd with english mixed with arabic" but zalimun is wrongdoers and Kafirmun or whatever is disbelievers. Kafir etc.

Not good enough.

Zalimoon comes from dark. Anyway, I have given you this meaning already. If you are interested you can go back and check it out.

Kafiroon comes from the word Kafara. This means hiding something. The act of covering something is kafara.

A person who lies in courts, because he borrowed money from someone, and doesnt want to give it back, is a Kafir.

So try and study the subject. The current method of cut and paste is pretty pathetic.

Lars

Not good enough. In that case, get into good discussion, not debate. Quoting ibn Kathir as you spelled his name, without knowing his methodology is absolutely invalid. Anyway your kind of research is shallow surfing, so you will find what you want online, but not knowledge or any information valid enough to think you are debating or in making such pseudo confident statements. But of course you will continue doing that.

Not good enough.

Zalimoon comes from dark. Anyway, I have given you this meaning already. If you are interested you can go back and check it out.

Kafiroon comes from the word Kafara. This means hiding something. The act of covering something is kafara.

A person who lies in courts, because he borrowed money from someone, and doesnt want to give it back, is a Kafir.

So try and study the subject. The current method of cut and paste is pretty pathetic.
Not my fault they cant write arabic into english though as a translation, should be obvious. But darknesses for the disbeliever is only vague memory i have of that.

But i am not gonna consult an expert. Thats like consulting a priest. I just think its more fun to read it, and get the information and psychology of what they believe in. Since experts just dont want to be called out since they act as authority figures of the stuff they are in charge in. But if one gets to see their information, then it makes it more interesting

But whatever, i am gonna copy and paste this. Take it as you want

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I propose we remove the following as they are not Islamic terms: Diyah, Dhu-Mahram, Ishkaal, Jahl, Jilbab, Khayr, Mandoub, Mizan, Nahw, Nasraani, Nifaq, Niyah, Naseeha, Ra'i, Sabr, Sheqaq, Shukr, Umm, Uns, Ustadh, Zalimun, and Zanadiqa. Although these are Arabic, they are not Islamic in origin. Any objections? freestylefrappe 00:52, 21 September 2005 (UTC)

None. I've been reading lots of Islamic material in English translation and I've never run across any of these terms. Obviously they aren't useful. Zora 07:38, 21 September 2005 (UTC)
Those terms are common in the Arabic language and used to denote a number of Islamic concepts. Such a list is certainly needed even if you've never heard of some of the words. That doesn't necessarily mean they aren't important. Most translated books don't mention any Arabic words at all. In mosques, etc, however, such terms are commonly used.
  • Jahl: ignorance, arrogance
  • Sabr: patience, endurance, self-restraint
  • Naseeha: advice
  • Nifaq: falsehood; dishonesty
  • Zalimun : polytheists, wrong-doers, and unjust.
etc, etc.
Talk:Glossary of Islam - Wikipedia

Lars

Not good enough. You cant get into debates with that type of quick googling.
Debates are pointless. I make videos.
I made this one video however. But its more to understand the mindset of the followers. Debates is just rambling like politics. Its more hamping on people rather than informative opinions on a subject. So i cant say i am big fan of debates in general. I mean try watching David Wood debate with Muslims. Its like watching WWE, it never ends XD. But if you actually do research and actually read the source material. Suddently it actually is fun

firedragon

Veteran Member
Debates are pointless. I make videos.

Yeah. There are many making videos with no knowledge and some even try to propagate them here. Everyone wants to be a YouTube superstar, and a lot of people make it big with absolute ignorance.

Lars

Yeah. There are many making videos with no knowledge and some even try to propagate them here. Everyone wants to be a YouTube superstar, and a lot of people make it big with absolute ignorance.

So how much do you read? Have you read sunni hadiths? Kinda curious? If you check my channel i have made audiobooks in english of Sunni hadiths of 1-6 the canon ones.

Also disprove me how Islamic scriptures isnt about "dominance" towards the reader of how they ought to feel and making the follower being dominant towards others. Like if you have read the texts and understood the psychology of it, its pretty much makes sense and thats why its interesting to read these stuff

firedragon

Veteran Member
So how much do you read? Have you read sunni hadiths? Kinda curious? If you check my channel i have made audiobooks in english of Sunni hadiths of 1-6 the canon ones.

What do you think thabanni wa rafadh means in ahadith studies?

firedragon

Veteran Member
Also disprove me how Islamic scriptures isnt about "dominance" towards the reader of how they ought to feel and making the follower being dominant towards others. Like if you have read the texts and understood the psychology of it, its pretty much makes sense and thats why its interesting to read these stuff

When you provide enough, valid evidence, not just some cut and pastes.