• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think Bible or Islamic texts wants the reader to think?

Lars

So you have no clue about the basic fundamentals of hadith. But you pretend and make videos. ;)

I made it after i did audiobooks of the stuff i read about. Thats how you reflect on the source and language it uses, i think interms of psychology of it.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Interms of psychology of it.

My assumption is this

Bible = Melevolent dictator. Mainly because there is biblical verse where physical punishment on a child is ok (assuming the context is if they dont listen)
Islamic texts = Dominance and slight sadomasochism (Sadomasochism is if you paint people or that stuff you go to hell, because image makers are cursed in sunni hadiths. Though not sure if some would argue this is in context to idol worship or literally) But i lay mostly weight on "Dominance part" where you are supposed to feel dominated and dominate with the islamic religion

But this is mainly my impression from reading or getting into it. I cant comment in Shia sources. But Sunni ones is the ones i have spent mostly time with. And Bible is more shorter so there is that.

But its mainly because of those psychological views that i find them interesting to read.

Whats your view?
The Bible is a dangerous book. I think people are harmed or killed over it than any other book on earth.

All it leads me to think is people can and will kill over ideology.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I cut and paste from sunnah.com and quran. And argued for why it is that. But ok, continue ignoring it.

Alright. So you are speaking about a hadith. No problem.

1. Can you tell me who was the final narrator of that hadith?
2. Is it mathrook?

Just a little bit of analysis would do.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I made it after i did audiobooks of the stuff i read about. Thats how you reflect on the source and language it uses, i think interms of psychology of it.

So you spoke of 6 volumes. I presume you are speaking of the Sahih sittha as the Sunni's call it. Its not volumes, its collections of volumes. No worries, terminology may not be so important. So you are saying you have read all 6 collections? Every single hadith?

Lars

So you spoke of 6 volumes. I presume you are speaking of the Sahih sittha as the Sunni's call it. Its not volumes, its collections of volumes. No worries, terminology may not be so important. So you are saying you have read all 6 collections? Every single hadith?

Yes. I have playlists of the 6 collections.
Sahih bukhari
Sahih muslim
sunan an nasai
sunan abi dawud
Jami at Tirmidhi
Sunan ibn Majah

I am waiting to continue the audiobooks of the rest because i plan on reading through ibn kathir tafsir first. Atleast til chapter 13 when its easier to read. But its on youtube.

Lars

Alright. So you are speaking about a hadith. No problem.

1. Can you tell me who was the final narrator of that hadith?
2. Is it mathrook?

Just a little bit of analysis would do.
I assume you mean the one i posted?
Jami` at-Tirmidhi 2700 - Chapters on Seeking Permission - كتاب الاستئذان والآداب عن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم - Sunnah.com - Sayings and Teachings of Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و سلم)
This one?
It says the narrator is "Abu Hurairah" which is often a narrator of the hadiths in general of sunni hadiths though not always

firedragon

Veteran Member
Yes. I have playlists of the 6 collections.
Sahih bukhari
Sahih muslim
sunan an nasai
sunan abi dawud
Jami at Tirmidhi
Sunan ibn Majah

I am waiting to continue the audiobooks of the rest because i plan on reading through ibn kathir tafsir first. Atleast til chapter 13 when its easier to read. But its on youtube.

Its always good to study the subject you wish to speak about. Good approach.

I have never come across audio books and I didnt even know that audio books exist for this list of ahadith collections. But I can vouch to the fact that, reading the ahadith books like that, or listening to them like that is not gonna help in any way. You need to study it. Yet, its your wish I suppose.

firedragon

Veteran Member

Lars

Its always good to study the subject you wish to speak about. Good approach.

I have never come across audio books and I didnt even know that audio books exist for this list of ahadith collections. But I can vouch to the fact that, reading the ahadith books like that, or listening to them like that is not gonna help in any way. You need to study it. Yet, its your wish I suppose.
Thanks. I mean in the future i will do an attempt at learning arabic, which is when i am on audiobook of Ibn Kathir because then i have gotten it out of the way. Its just, i dont know one thing about arabic is all. Its more just a language i wanna see if i can do is all. Although my assumption is islamic texts "original ones" is probably written in classical arabic, so its interesting

firedragon

Veteran Member
Thanks. I mean in the future i will do an attempt at learning arabic, which is when i am on audiobook of Ibn Kathir because then i have gotten it out of the way. Its just, i dont know one thing about arabic is all. Its more just a language i wanna see if i can do is all. Although my assumption is islamic texts "original ones" is probably written in classical arabic, so its interesting

Its all Classical Arabic. But you cant put everything in one bag. No way.

Anyway, every one who wants to engage in polemics refer to Ibn Kathir, and predominantly the parts referred to in missionary websites. Christian, anti-islamic apologists made Ibn Kathir the most famous because it is easily accessible. Anyway, go ahead and do your studying. Its a start.

Lars

Then you need to find a better studying source. I told you many times, study through an educational source.

So you mean sunnah.com is not valid?. Quran.com links to it.
But interesting. But narrators are mentioned, not just once. Its just in this one hadith i linked to. Its just one who is mentioned.

Lars

Its all Classical Arabic. But you cant put everything in one bag. No way.

Anyway, every one who wants to engage in polemics refer to Ibn Kathir, and predominantly the parts referred to in missionary websites. Christian, anti-islamic apologists made Ibn Kathir the most famous because it is easily accessible. Anyway, go ahead and do your studying. Its a start.

I see. Reason i read Ibn Kathir is he is the one tafsir that is recommended really of tafsir readers. But thanks!

firedragon

Veteran Member
So you mean sunnah.com is not valid?. Quran.com links to it.
But interesting. But narrators are mentioned, not just once. Its just in this one hadith i linked to. Its just one who is mentioned.

See, you should try not to misread or misrepresent what people say.

I said "find a better source to study". Maybe Sunnah.com is a list. They list ahadith. Thats not good enough to study the subject. There is a lot you need to know.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I see. Reason i read Ibn Kathir is he is the one tafsir that is recommended really of tafsir readers. But thanks!

There are many others. Ibn Kathir and Jalalain are two of the most basic or layman mufassireen in the Islamic history. You dont have to believe what you study, but you need to study it to know what is actually said and to understand the nuances. There are other mufassirin like Mujahid ibn jabar you may find interesting. Thats very very old and highly revered by the Sunni traditions.

Lars

See, you should try not to misread or misrepresent what people say.

I said "find a better source to study". Maybe Sunnah.com is a list. They list ahadith. Thats not good enough to study the subject. There is a lot you need to know.

Sorry then. I didnt mean to accuse you of that. I was simply asking, would you argue that sunnah.com isnt the most reliable to read from?. I do know for example that there is arabic audiobooks of sunni hadiths on youtube. But my problem is, its based off abridged version. So i wanna get the whole thing in a sense.

But what would you recommend?. If sunnah.com is not the recommended place. Or is it too hard to publish the better study material for it?. Either case if i were to make a complete blunder of using sunnah.com for audiobooks, then i am sure someone in the future will make better material for reading which may be turned into audiobooks

Lars

There are many others. Ibn Kathir and Jalalain are two of the most basic or layman mufassireen in the Islamic history. You dont have to believe what you study, but you need to study it to know what is actually said and to understand the nuances. There are other mufassirin like Mujahid ibn jabar you may find interesting. Thats very very old and highly revered by the Sunni traditions.

I am sceptical of reading more tafsirs online. Mainly because i just am unsure if the translations is good. Since its spread so much online. One example is this website.
Although to be fair, i am also sceptical to the ibn kathir translation too. But i made a promise to do that one so i am keeping it. But since its so famous, i dont think they would do too much wrong on that one "Purely assumption"

But lets say this site. How would you rate it?
موقع التفير الكبير

firedragon

Veteran Member
Sorry then. I didnt mean to accuse you of that. I was simply asking, would you argue that sunnah.com isnt the most reliable to read from?. I do know for example that there is arabic audiobooks of sunni hadiths on youtube. But my problem is, its based off abridged version. So i wanna get the whole thing in a sense.

But what would you recommend?. If sunnah.com is not the recommended place. Or is it too hard to publish the better study material for it?. Either case if i were to make a complete blunder of using sunnah.com for audiobooks, then i am sure someone in the future will make better material for reading which may be turned into audiobooks

Oh god. See, I am not talking about "reliability". Sunnah.com is just a list. Not an educative source. Do you understand? As a list it maybe reliable because to make a list all you have to do is type out what is in the translation. But an educative source will teach you something.

If you wish to study ahadith and its sciences for whatever reason you have, try and find a book that teaches the science behind it. Some years ago there was a man named Ibn Hajar al Askalani who wrote several books on ahadith. His main propagation was of Bukhari's collection of ahadith. His Fath al Bari is a decent source if you like. Also is Thahzib at thahzibath. Loosely that means fine tuning or tuning the tuned.

Lars

Oh god. See, I am not talking about "reliability". Sunnah.com is just a list. Not an educative source. Do you understand? As a list it maybe reliable because to make a list all you have to do is type out what is in the translation. But an educative source will teach you something.

If you wish to study ahadith and its sciences for whatever reason you have, try and find a book that teaches the science behind it. Some years ago there was a man named Ibn Hajar al Askalani who wrote several books on ahadith. His main propagation was of Bukhari's collection of ahadith. His Fath al Bari is a decent source if you like. Also is Thahzib at thahzibath. Loosely that means fine tuning or tuning the tuned.

Well i am mainly just interested in a translation. But why would i want to go that deep? But you probably mean seeing if hadiths add up to reliability, so a narrator who is not valid is weak basically.

But Sunni collections from Sunan an nasai and outwards do have grade levels though. So experts have probably covered that.

But its probably interesting to people who go that deep in a sense