• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Do You Do When You See Someone Fall Down?

What Do You When You See Someone Fall Down

• Laugh

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Wait to see if the fallee is laughing then laugh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would never, ever laugh at someone!

• I would cry

• I would go over and see if the person is all right

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • I would laugh but pretend I am coughing

• This question is totally stupid, I would rather...

• What time is it?

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
To be truthful, when I see somebody fall down, I instinctively go to see if they're all right. The reaction time is almost instantaneous with the nature of whatever pain they might have had.....and if they're not in pain, then a second and a half later I start giggling.

I tend to walk over while they're gathering themselves and say while I'm stifling laughter, "I'm sorry, but honestly that was hilarious." :D

I always laugh at myself. One time in a silent group mediation I was getting up from meditating in the hopes of quietly walking out to use the bathroom (I had to go really bad). I stepped backwards and accidentally stepped on my travel mug full of tea, which made me stumble back and fall on my *** like a cartoon character. What made that fall even funnier was:

1) The tea went flying and got not just the floor wet but a couple of practitioners wet too

and

2) Remember when I said I had to use the restroom? Well......oopsie.....

Everyone looked in shock after I fell as I started giggling uncontrollably in the middle of what was supposed to be meditation. Then one by one, the rest of the folks started laughing. I eventually made it to the bathroom, but I thought to myself when I got there, what was the point?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Having had First Aid training, my first inclination would be to go over and see if any help was required. I only laugh at Democrats. :)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'd look away from the mirror so that I wouldn't have to see the miserable wretch who fell down.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
I would check and make sure the person was not badly hurt....then as the old saying goes "laugh and the world laughs with you"......I have especially been known to laugh at myself when I see that nothing major is broken....;)