• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you do for a living?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm a landlord...but perhaps not for long.
Things are so bad here I'm fighting foreclosure.
Beware banks who want cross-collateralization of properties.

Primordial Annihilator

What is your job? I work in a nursing home and a school.

I am an environmental analyst...I analyse waters and soils using spectral emission/absorbtion instrumentation and wet chemical techniques from samples taken from many different parts of the country and abroard, for all kinds of people such as farmers, construction surveyors, researchers and water companies.
It is very dull however.

I would like to write professionally.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I am an environmental analyst...I analyse waters and soils using spectral emission/absorbtion instrumentation and wet chemical techniques from samples taken from many different parts of the country and abroard, for all kinds of people such as farmers, construction surveyors, researchers and water companies.
It is very dull however.
Tis a needed function though. I wouldn't buy any real estate with one of you guys doing a
phase 1 survey. I"ve been thru phase 2 & 3, which a good phase 1 before purchase can avoid.

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
I'm a HVAC technician. I'm currently servicing primarily boilers and chillers.

I love "wet" work. Hydronic systems are a lot of fun.

Primordial Annihilator

Tis a needed function though. I wouldn't buy any real estate with one of you guys doing a
phase 1 survey. I"ve been thru phase 2 & 3, which a good phase 1 before purchase can avoid.

The lab I work for make a pile...so if I owned our labs then yes I would be a lot more enthusiastic!
Sadly I am just another white coat pottering about slightly high on solvent fumes...still...a perk is a perk.

Sometimes it gets interesting....I had to analyse the sulphur content of some hospital incinerator ash once...I unintentionally released a surprisingly large amount of dihydrogen sulphide gas using acids into the air around me and nearly died...we laughed as ironically I was driven to the same hospital the samples came from. :rolleyes:

Should have used a fume cupboard...but you get blase...and thats the danger...I learnt my lesson though.

Last edited:

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
I run a full entertainment company. I do everything from performing comedy, magic, or mentalism shows (or speciality shows if requested) to doing advertising and marketing for various companies. In addition to that, I also do consulting for various stage productions, as well as for other magicians.

Right now, I'm also trying to get a couple of books on magic and entertaining published. My favorite work I'm working on is a manual for magicians explaining how to become professional. I'm proud of it because instead of the expensive manuals that have been produced (they are usually a couple hundred dollars, some even reaching over a thousand), I'm producing one that is relatively cheap, yet contains a vast array of information.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I'm a banker who specializes in investments. I am also a mentor who trains newbies coming into the position.

I love my work but I love my volunteer work better. I teach life skills classes to women at the local women's shelter.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Well, I was a computer software designer and programmer, but now I'm RETIRED! It's the best job I've ever had.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Right now, I'm also trying to get a couple of books on magic and entertaining published. My favorite work I'm working on is a manual for magicians explaining how to become professional. I'm proud of it because instead of the expensive manuals that have been produced (they are usually a couple hundred dollars, some even reaching over a thousand), I'm producing one that is relatively cheap, yet contains a vast array of information.
You got my attention with this part of the post. I'd like to get a glimpse of your tips and advice that you're going to place in the book.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
At the moment I teach Hebrew. and run personal projects for private individuals which involve working on their information and making it accessible on the web.
I've done modest archaeological work in Israel, ranging from sites in Jaffa, more southern parts of Israel and the Israeli coastal line. I received my degree in central Israel. and worked on my MA before relocating to the UK and to London. where I plan to focus on a MA in corporations, diplomacy, international relations, and specific mid eastern affairs. specifically the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, Blackwater (Xe services today) and securing petrol sites in the region, or the middle east.
I lowered the profile in archaeological fieldwork to volunteering with the Chess Valley Archaeological and Historical Society, and the Kent Archaeological society.
I am of course studying archaeology at all times, still.

Last edited: