• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do women get in Heaven?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why should wine and more than 4 wives be forbidden in this world, but same is allowed in Heaven?
4 wives is allowed in this world to take care of orphans or similar intentions. The norm should be in this world one wife, because, population problems would occur and corruption would occur if this doesn't happen.

The next world is a reward and doesn't have the population problem.

As for wine, I already explained it from my perspective so won't repeat.

stevecanuck

Scholars say there is two possibilities

but it's not guaranteed by language.

So we don't know by that.

The hadiths seem to say ... and hadiths seem to support

Rivers to me seem obviously a metaphor

Thanks for showing why I started a thread called "Allah's failure to communicate". Again I have to ask - Why the hell didn't Allah just tell you all this? If he had something in mind, he sure did a lousy job of getting his desires across.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Thanks for showing why I started a thread called "Allah's failure to communicate". Again I have to ask - Why the hell didn't Allah just tell you all this? If he had something in mind, he sure did a lousy job of getting his desires across.

We've discussed the nature of Sunnah with Quran many times.

KWED

Scratching head, scratching knee
As i understand it the men get 72 perpetual virgins. What is the point of a perpetual virgin, its not really a great bonus for dying in jihad if they can't have sex.
I think the idea is that they become virgins again after sex.
However, I question the idea of promising virgins as a reward. Someone with a bit of experience would be way more appealing. Only wanting to have sex with virgins is a bit creepy, tbh.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I think the idea is that they become virgins again after sex.
However, I question the idea of promising virgins as a reward. Someone with a bit of experience would be way more appealing. Only wanting to have sex with virgins is a bit creepy, tbh.

Extremely creepy

KWED

Maybe but translators often just translate things on whim without caring how accurate it is.
Yet another internet apologist who is more fluent in Classical Arabic and more learned in the Quran than bilingual, lifelong Islamic scholars.

Funny how often they pop up.

KWED

Not necessarily. Abkara will mean a woman in her early years.
Indeed. And we know that "woman in her early years" is not synonymous with "virgin" in Islam. (I assume you count 9 years old as "in her early years"?)

KWED

You are wrong. Ibn Kathir was never in Islamic history made "#1". Only absolute amateurs think so. Ibn Kathir was considered an honest guy, but a very basic mufassireen. Like at Advanced Level age which an 18 year old would be doing his advanced level examination. It is not considered at a level of a degree, masters degree or higher.

I just put it in very modern language so that one would understand easily.
Becasue Ibn Kathir is the most widely used English language tafsir today, apologists cannot claim it is an "extremist" or "minority" opinion. That is why I favour it in debates.

However, the idea that basic tafsir are somehow wrong is as incoherent as claiming that GCSE physics textbooks are wrong.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
An integral part of the taste of wine is the alcohol.
Muslims can already drink non-alcoholic drinks, so the whole idea is incoherent.
I was simply pointing out (crazy idea that it is) that one may consume a beverage simply because of liking the taste. Wine does not have to have alcohol in it to be classed as a wine. So no it is not integral to the taste at all.

Which idea are you referring to as incoherent?

KWED

I was simply pointing out (crazy idea that it is) that one may consume a beverage simply because of liking the taste.
You don't need to go to Jannah to indulge in that.

Wine does not have to have alcohol in it to be classed as a wine. So no it is not integral to the taste at all.
*Consults well-thumbed OED*...
Wine: An alcoholic drink made from fermented grape juice.
[with modifier] An alcoholic drink made from the fermented juice of specified other fruits or plants.

Which idea are you referring to as incoherent?
Promising Muslims non-alcoholic drink in paradise as a wonderful reward.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
*Consults well-thumbed OED*...
Wine: An alcoholic drink made from fermented grape juice.
[with modifier] An alcoholic drink made from the fermented juice of specified other fruits or plants.
You should take your OED to your local supermarket. It's out of date :)

You make a wine, remove the alcohol.... it's still a wine.

- https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/drinks/low-and-no-alcohol-wine-?fromMegaNav=1#langId=44&storeId=10151&catalogId=10241&categoryId=12238&parent_category_rn=12192&top_category=12192&pageSize=60&orderBy=FAVOURITES_ONLY|SEQUENCING|TOP_SELLERS&searchTerm=&beginIndex=0&hideFilters=true

Last edited: