• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do women get in Heaven?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Yet that verse doesn't say man, it says human. Which allows linguistically, for it to be women too. You won't find anywhere linguistically in Quran, women excluded. This explanation is from hadiths. I believe hadiths interpretation should be favored and so I cling to that, but I don't know.

They are originally virgins. Doesn't say they will remain that after. Just originally are.

A houri is a virgin by most translations, losing their virginity looses them the title of houri. So the promise falls over...

Just my take on it.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
A houri is a virgin by most translations, losing their virginity looses them the title of houri. So the promise falls over...

Just my take on it.

Abkara is the virgin word which they are emphasized to be in some verses but there is no verse says they continously that. Houri al-ayn probably means dazzling to the eyes, meaning they a very stunning and dazzling when looked at.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Abkara is the virgin word which they are emphasized to be in some verses but there is no verse says they continously that. Houri probably means dazzling to the eyes, meaning they a very stunning and dazzling when looked at.

Houri is usually translated as heavenly virgin in most translations

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
One more thing, that might but has not come up yet. Why are women emphasized to be "white". It's not, they are bright. Just as the hand/arm of Musa (a) never turned white but was bright and light per hadiths and "without evil" means it didn't hurt the eyes of people despite it's super brightness. This is another aspect, the women of paradise (not of this world) are bright lights on the journey too, and will brighten a long with you to the journey to God.

We see translators always translate the worst way. Never the best way when multiple translations are possible.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Maybe but translators often just translate things on whim without caring how accurate it is.

This is true, thought it is the majority of translations that translate it that way, often well respected translations.

Vee

Premium Member
We know, the Quran promises to men, virgin girls, in Heaven.
So, if a Muslim woman goes to Heaven what does she get as per Quran verses

If a woman sees her husband with other virgin girls in Heaven, how does she feel in Heaven?

There is a verse that says, yonge and beautiful virgin boys will also be at your service in Heaven. Are these for women or Men, as per the verse?

There is also wine flowing in river, but the wine does not make you drunk, so, what's the point if it does not make you drunk?

The water is also favored with Kafoor. Do you like Kafour in your water?

I learned these questions from a YouTube by an atheist who was refuting Islam. So, how do Muslim answer?

If I believed I would go to heaven, I would want two things:
1 - to eat anything I like without getting fat
2 - to not have to deal with a man who behaves like a child

I think that would make the majority of women on the planet very happy :D

InvestigateTruth

Would each person be given their own 72 Houries, or there are 72 Houries in total given to all believers?
What does the Quran and Hadith say, if we read them linguisticly?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Would each person be given their own 72 Houries, or there are 72 Houries in total given to all believers?
What does the Quran and Hadith say, if we read them linguisticly?

I don't think there is basis for 72 in Shiite hadiths.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If I believed I would go to heaven, I would want two things:
1 - to eat anything I like without getting fat
2 - to not have to deal with a man who behaves like a child

I think that would make the majority of women on the planet very happy :D

Is food of paradise like this world? Or is the next world close to God that foods and drinks bring us closer to God and knowledge of him?

We see that unseen food exists in this world from next, but that type of fruit only believers can eat. Similarly, unseen food from hell exists, and appears to be enjoyed in this world by the evil people but they don't perceive them eating of it.

The mana from Mariam (a) hands is of what type? Similar to food from heaven from Jesus (a)? Why disciples type of sign of eating from heaven brings them to more certainty then other type of signs including witnessing bringing dead back to life?

Musa (a) said to his people "do you exchange what is better (the one mana from Mariam (a)) for what is lower?" and this mentioned in Surah Baqara only (this detail), what relationship does this have with fasting and Quran revealed in Ramadan, when Quran is revealed over 23 years and verses not only in Ramadan?

In which way is the mana and one food higher and better then various foods from the earth?

Last edited:

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We also see the fruits of paradise, don't stay the same in Surah Baqara, they are like those given before, but it's not equal. They contain what is given before, but there is increase in the sustenance from God aspect. They get augmented. This detail is also in Surah Baqara and not anywhere else. Right after, it talks about parables, and how believers will be guided by them while disbelievers will wonder what God means by them and be misguided by them.

It seems to me the 7 levels of heaven have different rates of augmentations and different type of fruit, same with rivers.

The highest heaven is linked to highest faith, certainty, and Taqwa.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Jealous issue continued

Sex can be similar to this world just as food is similar, but it can also have unseen reality aspects that bring us closer to God, and that get augmented too and bring us closer to God more so over time and so it's reality doesn't cease to change, while containing similar to past like the food. From this perspective, the houralayn, can augment us, and in turn when we receive such augmentation from all of them, the wife who is most beautiful out of all them, can also perhaps receive all that unseen augmentation when have sex with her. This constant cycle can be a way to get us closer to God. And again wife enjoying God's RISQ and Light, while we have to have sex more, maybe a reward to her and honor for her, and doesn't have to be seen as a negative thing. In fact, if God is seen as highest reward and most pleasurable thing is his love, then it has to be seen this way in reality.

There maybe a hidden wisdom of this that we don't perceive and yet are to appreciate.

I'm saying sex doesn't have to be unholy. It can get holy and bring us closer to God in the next.

Last edited:

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Jealousy issue continued

There a hint to this in Surah Rahman, in that each level of paradise has two type of fruits, two type of rivers, etc. It maybe that the women type energy is different. And men energy from God is different. But they somehow get fused. This maybe the secret to that mystery of what is meant by the two gardens in each level. Two type of fruits. Two type of rivers.

Fatima (a), Sarah (a), Mariam (a) are one and same light as their Ahlulbayts, but they may have lower aspects aside from their holiest highest reality, that differ from males. Quran also talks about men and women being clothes to each other in Surah Baqara and no where else. This maybe a hint to his constant fusion of one another to bring us closer to God.

So wives (many) for each man while man fuses all that to his wife maybe more so about bringing us closer to God who is highest reward. As wife seems to enjoy God's light and has less work to do than a man in this regard, they maybe given the more honorable sustenance in this regard and God's reward to them can be seen as higher and more better.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There is some hints to all this in a long gnostic tradition/hadith from Imam Mohamad Al-Baqir (a), a very long detailed hadith explaining paradise and link to Welayat of Ahlulbayt (a). I read it in a book over 10 years ago, but can't find the source now, and forgot the original source.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This is true, thought it is the majority of translations that translate it that way, often well respected translations.

The west because of Israel and Saudi Arabia place in Western political powers plans and the over all plan of Satan and his forces, make "well respected" those who majority did not. For example, Ibn Taymiya and Abdul Wahab, were hated by majority as scholars.

Ibn Kathir was a nobody in Tafsir till Wahabis made him to #1.

Now we see people in the west believe he is most well reputed tafsir scholar.

His tafsirs bring nothing to the table compared to others. It's boring and they want Islam to be boring. So no wonder they picked one of the most horribly boring commentaries.

ChristineM

Premium Member
The west because of Israel and Saudi Arabia place in Western political powers plans and the over all plan of Satan and his forces, make "well respected" those who majority did not. For example, Ibn Taymiya and Abdul Wahab, were hated by majority as scholars.

Now we see people in the west believe he is most well reputed tafsir scholar.

His tafsirs bring nothing to the table compared to others. It's boring and they want Islam to be boring. So no wonder they picked one of the most horribly boring commentaries.

You lost it at satan

firedragon

Veteran Member
We know, the Quran promises to men, virgin girls, in Heaven.

Can you show which verse says

1. Men
2. Virgin girls

There is a verse that says, yonge and beautiful virgin boys will also be at your service in Heaven. Are these for women or Men, as per the verse?

Which verse says

1. Young
2. Virgin boys
3. In the perverse way you had spoken of

There is also wine flowing in river, but the wine does not make you drunk, so, what's the point if it does not make you drunk?

Which verse says

1. Wine
2. Does not make you drunk

I learned these questions from a YouTube by an atheist who was refuting Islam. So, how do Muslim answer?

So this is where you learn your arabic and Islam which you come and demonstrate here?

I would like to hear from you on every point above. Be specific, because this is your claim. Don't walk past them.

firedragon

Veteran Member
As i understand it the men get 72 perpetual virgins. What is the point of a perpetual virgin, its not really a great bonus for dying in jihad if they can't have sex.

Generally, people who hate religion and do propaganda with no education in it learn from other people who have no knowledge of it and learned from other peoples propaganda. It's pretty normal. Just like the person who wrote the OP in this thread.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Abkara is the virgin

Not necessarily. Abkara will mean a woman in her early years. That can be inferred as virgin, but not necessarily as a virgin. bikr would denote a young woman.

You are wrong. Ibn Kathir was never in Islamic history made "#1". Only absolute amateurs think so. Ibn Kathir was considered an honest guy, but a very basic mufassireen. Like at Advanced Level age which an 18 year old would be doing his advanced level examination. It is not considered at a level of a degree, masters degree or higher.

I just put it in very modern language so that one would understand easily.