• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do women get in Heaven?

InvestigateTruth

We know, the Quran promises to men, virgin girls, in Heaven.
So, if a Muslim woman goes to Heaven what does she get as per Quran verses

If a woman sees her husband with other virgin girls in Heaven, how does she feel in Heaven?

There is a verse that says, yonge and beautiful virgin boys will also be at your service in Heaven. Are these for women or Men, as per the verse?

There is also wine flowing in river, but the wine does not make you drunk, so, what's the point if it does not make you drunk?

The water is also favored with Kafoor. Do you like Kafour in your water?

I learned these questions from a YouTube by an atheist who was refuting Islam. So, how do Muslim answer?

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
So, oif a Muslim woman goes to Heaven what does she get as per Quran verses

If a woman sees her husband with other virgin girls in Heaven, how does she feel in Heaven?

There is a verse that says, yonge and beautiful virgin boys will also be at your service in Heaven. Are these for women or Men, as per the verse?

There is also wine flowing in river, but the wine does not make you drunk, so, what's the point if it does not drunk you?

The water is also favored with Kafoor. Do you like Kafour in your water?

I learned these questions from a YouTube by an atheist who was refuting Islam. So, how do Muslim answer?

As i understand it the men get 72 perpetual virgins. What is the point of a perpetual virgin, its not really a great bonus for dying in jihad if they can't have sex.

InvestigateTruth

Nice taste? Crazy idea I know. :)
There are many things which are tastier than wine. Who wants to drink wine which flowing on the ground? There are better things in this world anyways. I would expect heaven be a much better place, but is it really as described in the Quran?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
There are many things which are tastier than wine. Who wants to drink wine which flowing on the ground? There are better things in this world anyways. I would expect heaven be a much better place, but is it really as described in the Quran?
The only thing flowing on the ground I like is mountain spring water.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
In Heaven all is pure, Hell not
Men are virgins and women are virgins

Hence, no sex in Heaven (after death of our body)

IF you want to have sex THEN Hell is the place to be

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
IF you want to have sex THEN Hell is the place to be
In hell, you do not even get a breather, the guards and the machines are always at work, what to talk of sex.
I found an explanation about the verse you are referring to. The young boys just serve everybody drinks, fruit, and meat. So do the virgin women.
At the moment, no one is there is heaven, the mansions are empty. They can be filled only after the day of judgment. But there are going to be problems when beautiful young men and women serve drinks. Will it be a 24 hour service? God does not realize this now. He is into another blunder like giving free will to humans.

Last edited:

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salam

Women part

Scholars say there is two possibilities and Quran allows for the possibility of women having male Hoor and husbands, but it's not guaranteed by language. So we don't know by that.

The hadiths seem to say women believers will be made a lot more beautiful then all maidens of paradise and hadiths seem to support that men will have many women but not the other way around. That said, I have not read all hadiths, so I don't know, there maybe some otherwise.

That said, I don't know, women are different then men and men different then women. Since sexual deviance won't be a thing in paradise like it is in this world, will women want more then one man? I don't know.

Rivers of wine

Rivers to me seem obviously a metaphor of the Kawthar which is Ahlulbayt light and guiding reality. Wine is a metaphor it's intoxicating but not in a way that makes you drunk or headaches. Milk is about it's purity. Honey about it's sweetness. So it doesn't have anything to do with physical rivers, though physical rivers will be there, it's not that enticing to do good deeds. Your deeds in this world, will determine your speed and drinking capacity of rivers, and underneath you is an expression you will walk upon these, and they are an expression of the straight path by which people will be ascending to God.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Camphor

It goes back to the tree of light metaphor, it's saying the rivers of light and drinks emanate from this tree.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Jealousy

Same way, the women houris won't feel jealousy, I imagine the wife from this world, won't feel jealousy.

That said, the next world is to return to God and he is the greatest pleasure. His love and praise is the greatest pleasure there. Now wives of paradise as much as they been emphasized to be dazzling to the eyes, the other aspect is their purity is emphasized.

They love God and are part of how returning to God would be made easy. They are a way to know God because they are beautiful pure souls as well.

Woman wife can benefit from them as well and have a platonic friendship with them.

To prove praise and love of God is the greatest thing in paradise, I quote from Misbahal Shariah:

He who loves for the sake of Allah is beloved of Allah, and he who is loved for the sake of Allah is also beloved of Allah, since each loves the other for the sake of Allah. The Messenger of Allah said, 'Man is with whom he loves. Whoever loves a bondsman in Allah, loves Allah. No one loves Allah except he whom Allah loves.' And again, 'The best of people after the prophets in this world and the next are those who love each other for Allah.' Every love based on some cause other than Allah brings about enmity except for these two, for they come from the same source. Theirs always increases and never decreases. As Allah said,

الْأَخِلَّاء يَوْمَئِذٍ بَعْضُهُمْ لِبَعْضٍ عَدُوٌّ إِلَّا الْمُتَّقِينَ

The friends shall on that day be enemies to one another except for those who guard against evil, (43:67)

because the root of love is being free of everything except the Beloved.

The Commander of the Faithful said, 'The best thing in the Garden and the sweetest is love of Allah, love in Allah, and praise for Allah.' And Allah has said,

وَآخِرُ دَعْوَاهُمْ أَنِ الْحَمْدُ لِلّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ

The last of their supplication shall be "Praise be to Allah, Lord of the worlds", (10:10)

because when they see the blessings that exist in the Garden, love is aroused in their hearts and then they call out, 'Praise be to Allah, Lord of the worlds.'

Additional comment from me: the rivers of paradise are emphasized more then wives of paradise, because the mystics want God and that is their motive. We see in Surah Ahzab, wanting God, Messenger and Next world is one and the same for wives. The same is true of desiring Ahlulbayt (a) and that is part of the context they are revealed in in 33:33. It's telling them he is purest of all, and so wives should choose him over world. They too were married together with Mohammad (s), so might have been jealous, but Quran is explaining to choose him over the dunya and see what they get from this utmost pure soul with God in this world and next.

Rivers are emphasized more because mystics choose God's light and enticed by it more then women.

When explaining the likeness of paradise, it doesn't emphasize on wives. It emphasizes on rivers and drinks. The reason is because the Kawthar is greater. Fatima is a reality of light that emanates to all women in paradise including believers, and that is a higher pleasure.

Risqallah triumphs over all blessings and is "better and everlasting".

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I haven't read this in the Quran, maybe there is a hadith, but I've not read such a hadith either.

I understand houris are mentioned several times in the Qur'an, always in plural accompanying faithful muslim men to paradise.

Just looked it up, one such passage is sura 55 "untouched beforehand by man or jinn" and later "untouched by any man" so virgins

The number 72 is not mentioned, in the Qur'an but in a hadith somewhere

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I understand houris are mentioned several times in the Qur'an, always in plural accompanying faithful muslim men to paradise.

Just looked it up, one such passage is sura 55 "untouched beforehand by man or jinn" and later "untouched by any man" so virgins

The number 72 is not mentioned, in the Qur'an but in a hadith somewhere

Yet that verse doesn't say man, it says human. Which allows linguistically, for it to be women too. You won't find anywhere linguistically in Quran, women excluded. This explanation is from hadiths. I believe hadiths interpretation should be favored and so I cling to that, but I don't know.

They are originally virgins. Doesn't say they will remain that after. Just originally are.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Jealous issue continued

If God's sustenance from Ahlulbayt's (a) light is a greater reward and drinking from them is the highest pleasure because there blessing and reward and sustenance from God. It can be seen that maybe the fact a man is to attend to other women, while the wife has more time with God's light and pleasure (math wise), that woman maybe be implied to be the more devoted to God and more beloved by God and more rewarded by God in this.

This is similar to how Musa (a) advised to keep the mana as one food, which emanated from his sister Mariam (a), (not to be confused with Isa's (a) mother), but his people wanted food and pleasures from earth and not just one food, and wanted that instead of the food that was more linked to God's reality and light. God is highest reward and is in a state himself in a greater bliss in that regard and peace then all creatures. God doesn't have sex. In this sense, while women of paradise will have sex, but less then men, it might imply they are the greater deemed gender as far as patience to God's sustenance goes.

This is not a dishonor but an honor.