• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do we look for?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I don't search. I believe in my shepherd and the shepherd searches for me. He searches food for me and if I might get lost, he searches for me.

I believe that he is searching for the right substance of life. His name can be Jesus if you like that name. I hope to keep waiting for what he shall reveal.
A little different way of spiritual life then i live, and that is ofcourse good too :) But if i may ask a question?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
In our spiritual practice we are in search for something, But this can be different from teaching to teaching.
What do you search for in your practice?

For me, it is less about searching than it is striving to live in accordance with my dharma and gaining insights into experiences.

A musician understands the mechanics of playing the instrument, but continues to practice to perfect the skill.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
For me, it is less about searching than it is striving to live in accordance with my dharma and gaining insights into experiences.

A musician understands the mechanics of playing the instrument, but continues to practice to perfect the skill.
This can say i agree with you in :) We have the basis of our belief, but to become more wise we must finetune our inner wisdom and that we do by understanding the teaching

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I
I don't search. I believe in my shepherd and the shepherd searches for me. He searches food for me and if I might get lost, he searches for me.

I believe that he is searching for the right substance of life. His name can be Jesus if you like that name. I hope to keep waiting for what he shall reveal.
if you have someone looking for you, is it you who gain inner wisdom or is it the shepard as you call it who gain the inner wisdom?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
People have interpreted Psalm 23 to mean that if you will accept The Lord God into your heart, soul, life, God will provide for you all that you will need. I do not believe that. I think "I shall not want" simply means that. I will follow my shepherd and HE will lead me to what HE will lead me to. If I want then I will leave him. See? Wanting leads a soul away.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I

if you have someone looking for you, is it you who gain inner wisdom or is it the shepard as you call it who gain the inner wisdom?
The Shepherd cannot gain, so it is me who gains. The shepherd lacks nothing so he can't gain anything.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So the shapard wal the path while you sit and wait for the answer? (sorry that sounded worse then i mean it)
It usually isn't me sitting. In my sleep is usually when I get inspired. Look at it this way. The men and women who were inspired to write what other people search through to be inspired themselves got their inspiration somewhere. Just use their work to begin your journey. imo

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
It usually isn't me sitting. In my sleep is usually when I get inspired. Look at it this way. The men and women who were inspired to write what other people search through to be inspired themselves got their inspiration somewhere. Just use their work to begin your journey. imo
Thank you for you answers :)

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I know when I have strayed away from the pasture which the shepherd has led us. It is when I have felt a loss of peace and goodwill. So, I can honestly say that those are what I trust in (or perhaps search for) But, peace is a fruit of God's Spirit. Also, goodness is. So, I can't own them.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
This can say i agree with you in :) We have the basis of our belief, but to become more wise we must finetune our inner wisdom and that we do by understanding the teaching

I am ever the skeptic, so my views are less rooted in belief than in experience. I struggle to blindly believe what I'm told or what I read. I'm more of a "show me" kind of guy. :)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I am ever the skeptic, so my views are less rooted in belief than in experience. I struggle to blindly believe what I'm told or what I read. I'm more of a "show me" kind of guy. :)
I understand you :) Personally i have no doubt in Buddha, dharma and sangha But i do investigate the scripture and compare it to the life i live :)

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Y

Yes please
To be searching for your own self-righteousness is putting yourself in competition with The Lord.

I haven't said that anyone here is doing that. But, despite the fact that it appears to be a worthy goal, it is wanting.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I asked him that question: He said he only wishes to be known as God, and not Brahman. I call him Sri Krishna/Durga from what I know of His characteristics.

I may be wrong in this, but from my understanding Sri Krisha, while many of his devotees would consider him the supreme God, I don't think when asked, "What shall I call you?" he'd be so arrogant as to say, "Call me God."

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
To be searching for your own self-righteousness is putting yourself in competition with The Lord.

I haven't said that anyone here is doing that. But, despite the fact that it appears to be a worthy goal, it is wanting.
I will answer with a little buddhism :) We should not have attachments to wanting, because then it become wrong. but to have a "goal" to teach toward is not bad, because wisdom comes in different levels :) and no i can not compete with the Buddha, but what i can do is follow his teaching, study it analyze it, grasping the important wisdom and enlighten to it.

I know it is somewhat different for those who follow a path where it is a God on top.I would say, do not compete with him but learn from his teaching and gain wisdom to arise toward his wisdom level :)

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I understand you :) Personally i have no doubt in Buddha, dharma and sangha But i do investigate the scripture and compare it to the life i live :)

I've taken to doing exactly this as of late. Sometimes I get chills when I stumble upon the parallels.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I will answer with a little buddhism :) We should not have attachments to wanting, because then it become wrong. but to have a "goal" to teach toward is not bad, because wisdom comes in different levels :) and no i can not compete with the Buddha, but what i can do is follow his teaching, study it analyze it, grasping the important wisdom and enlighten to it.

I know it is somewhat different for those who follow a path where it is a God on top.I would say, do not compete with him but learn from his teaching and gain wisdom to arise toward his wisdom level :)
But Buddha and his followers are not going the same way as everyone else is.