• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do we look for?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Is the Buddha looking for the end of this?
four_children_for_sale_1948.jpg

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I've taken to doing exactly this as of late. Sometimes I get chills when I stumble upon the parallels.
We are investigate the same truth, but seen from different view point :) You from a Advatist Hindu View and me from a Buddhist view point :)

There are many similarities in Hinduism and buddhism but even this, it is different teachings :) But i do like discussing with you :) i gain new wisdom too

Shantanu

The wisdom is not meant for living a human life :) The wisdom attained in buddhist path is so we can enlighten and end samsara (reincarnation) and enter Nirvana.
On enlightenment there is only a Master who determines moment by moment how to exist in this samsara to achieve peace, contentment and full liberation to the question of whether ones dharmic actions undertaken are approved by the mere fact that one has survived another moment.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
S
On enlightenment there is only a Master who determines moment by moment how to exist in this samsara to achieve peace, contentment and full liberation to the question of whether ones dharmic actions undertaken are approved by the mere fact that one has survived another moment.
orry i do not understand what yo mean by this?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think from a dharmic perspective, it's less about wanting for oneself than it is to understand oneself and what one has the ability to change for the benefit of oneself and others.

If my own house is a mess, how can I be expected how to speak for how others should keep theirs?
I think that actions speak louder than words. I am experiencing a world where most people I meet on and offline can't even hear anymore, in case humans ever did know.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I think that actions speak louder than words. I am experiencing a world where most people I meet on and offline can't even hear anymore, in case humans ever did know.

You are, of course, correct in saying that actions speak louder than words, and I should have been more impeccable with the point I was making in my metaphor.

Let me more accurately convey my point. If I don't act in accordance with my dharma, who am I to judge the actions of others or tell others how they should live? I need to perfect myself before I set out to perfect the world.

Shantanu

I may be wrong in this, but from my understanding Sri Krisha, while many of his devotees would consider him the supreme God, I don't think when asked, "What shall I call you?" he'd be so arrogant as to say, "Call me God."
God does not wish to be known as Brahman because He is Paramatman.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
God does not wish to be known as Brahman because He is Paramatman.

I do wish others would afford the same respect I do in offering their views as their own rather than universal.

That said, I do respect your view.

In my view, Paramatman is Saguna Brahman is Nirguna Brahman.

Shantanu

I do wish others would afford the same respect I do in offering their views as their own rather than universal.

That said, I do respect your view.

In my view, Paramatman is Saguna Brahman is Nirguna Brahman.
I have had an experience of God and I extrapolate the rest from it.

Vee

Premium Member
In our spiritual practice we are in search for something, But this can be different from teaching to teaching.
What do you search for in your practice?

Answers about the past, a hope for the future and the values and courage necessary to be a good human being in the present.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I enjoy every moment when i am here as a human being, and i do not see it as a escape, but liberation from reincarnation. a moment of bliss can be reach when on earth, but the bliss i am about to discover can not be held in the physical realm :)