• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Did You Do Today?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I love Yudhi's hair

And the van... can i ask, are you something of of an extrovert who enjoys being noticed?

Thank you. :)

I am an extrovert, though a quiet one. I often fade into the background, whether I like it or not.

The van is long story. When I was a young George, I always wanted to one day inherit my dad's truck and paint chickens on the side(I love chickens). Well, I inherited the truck, but he ask that I not do that being as the truck is somewhat of a classic now. I remember being kind of down one day, and my husband said "lets go buy spray paint the Buick full of chickens." We did that(we also painted more than chickens), and it was such fun. It wasn't just the painting, but the driving. That car made people smile. We had offers to buy it, people would stop and take pictures with it, it was just really a lot of fun. I have some really awesome stories from that Buick.

Well, another long story, but the Buick broke. So no more fun car. I bought another Buick, but life was busy, and it never got painted. I bought this van, and it was gold for a long time, but I missed the fun of the old Buick. The van got painted sometime after the pandemic started; I wanted to see people smile again, and have fun with my vehicle. Honestly, the van isn't as elaborate as the Buick was, but its still more fun than it was when I bought it.

Also, I got tired of trying to get into the wrong van at grocery stores. That was embarrassing... Most vehicles look pretty similar here. I don't have that problem anymore.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Thank you. :)

I am an extrovert, though a quiet one. I often fade into the background, whether I like it or not.

The van is long story. When I was a young George, I always wanted to one day inherit my dad's truck and paint chickens on the side(I love chickens). Well, I inherited the truck, but he ask that I not do that being as the truck is somewhat of a classic now. I remember being kind of down one day, and my husband said "lets go buy spray paint the Buick full of chickens." We did that(we also painted more than chickens), and it was such fun. It wasn't just the painting, but the driving. That car made people smile. We had offers to buy it, people would stop and take pictures with it, it was just really a lot of fun. I have some really awesome stories from that Buick.

Well, another long story, but the Buick broke. So no more fun car. I bought another Buick, but life was busy, and it never got painted. I bought this van, and it was gold for a long time, but I missed the fun of the old Buick. The van got painted sometime after the pandemic started; I wanted to see people smile again, and have fun with my vehicle. Honestly, the van isn't as elaborate as the Buick was, but its still more fun than it was when I bought it.

Also, I got tired of trying to get into the wrong van at grocery stores. That was embarrassing... Most vehicles look pretty similar here. I don't have that problem anymore.

Wow. I bet the neighbours are impressed.

I may try it on the old Peugeot.. but perhaps not. We have a retired mechanic look after it for us on condition he can use it whenever. I can't see a staid old Frenchman driving around in a car like that...

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Wow. I bet the neighbours are impressed.

I may try it on the old Peugeot.. but perhaps not. We have a retired mechanic look after it for us on condition he can use it whenever. I can't see a staid old Frenchman driving around in a car like that...

Yeah, its not the style for everyone. The neighbors didn't say much. Though, they never do. With one or two exceptions, this isn't a real hospitable neighborhood. One woman did introduce herself shortly after we moved in, and said "I've lived here over 15 years, and you are the second neighbor that's talked to me!"

My son found a picture of the old Buick on googlemaps(what that kid can do on that program is amazing)

Google Maps

Our old dwelling is the yellow duplex on the left across the street. It was just my husband and I and my oldest son that lived there. That is the place the gang members chased us out of with guns.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Our old dwelling is the yellow duplex on the left across the street. It was just my husband and I and my oldest son that lived there. That is the place the gang members chased us out of with guns.

Crumbs.

I just looked up "duplex" and I still don't get it! (Possibly "a semi-detached house" ? (As called in the UK, usually shortened to "a semi.")

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Well, the yellow dwelling is split into two. A duplex is not quite apartments, as there are only two living units rather than more.

If you were to walk into the front door, there was a door right in front of you that led into our neighbor's living quarters, and there was a door on the left that went into our living quarters. In this particular building, the front half was ours, and the back half was the neighbors'.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
A case of the Buick stops there...

Bloody hell

A lot of memories looking at that place. Not all bad. It looked a lot nicer on the inside. We painted the living room purple, and had a large rocky fountain in the living room. It was really pretty. That was before kids who would have broken it... My oldest was typically a docile kid.

It was mine and my husband's first home. I really liked the structure itself, though living in a duplex was like having roommates you didn't get to pick. Both units in the duplex had a two bedroom set up, and the neighbors managed to house 4 adults and 5 children. And if that wasn't so crowded alone, it was a couple and their children...and two of the woman's ex boyfriends that lived there... so there was often drama. And sometimes it spilled over.

I collected debts, had ice cream and checked out some local semi-pro wrestlers.

What kind of ice cream?

I took Ares to his speech therapy. He's doing wonderfully, but due to his apraxia of speech, those P sounds and F sounds are really difficult(and some days impossible) for him.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Woke up at 6:15 a.m.
Made plans to get all my shopping and basically everything else done by 11:00.
Started feeling kind of crappy due to lack of sleep.
Said "**** this" and went back to bed and slept until 10:30. :D

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Woke up at 6:15 a.m.
Made plans to get all my shopping and basically everything else done by 11:00.
Started feeling kind of crappy due to lack of sleep.
Said "**** this" and went back to bed and slept until 10:30. :D

Going back to bed is almost always the right answer...

Unless there's a fire. That's the wrong answer in case of fire.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I have this goal of getting into a sleep pattern where I wake up about sunrise/
--- Get everything done I need to get done for the day by 11:00 or so
--- Go back to bed and nap until late afternoon or early evening
--- then get up and spend the rest of the day doing whatever I feel like doing, including staying up until the wee hours of the morning.

That way I get to be productive and be a slacker all in the same day, as well as stay up as late as I want to and still get enough sleep.

They say you can't have your cake and eat it too. I suspect they were lying (in retrospect they usually were).

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I have this goal of getting into a sleep pattern where I wake up about sunrise/
--- Get everything done I need to get done for the day by 11:00 or so
--- Go back to bed and nap until late afternoon or early evening
--- then get up and spend the rest of the day doing whatever I feel like doing, including staying up until the wee hours of the morning.

That way I get to be productive and be a slacker all in the same day, as well as stay up as late as I want to and still get enough sleep.

They say you can't have your cake and eat it too. I suspect they were lying (in retrospect they usually were).

That's a very dedicated and creative way to do things.

I'm much more haphazard with my schedule. If I'm awake after 10am and before noon, things are going well.

Never liked mornings. A sunrise fills me with dread, but I have no explanation about why. I was like that as a kid, too... I worked third shift for some years, and I didn't mind staying up all night, but once I saw that sun creeping over the horizon, I always felt a bit of gloom.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
That's a very dedicated and creative way to do things.

I'm much more haphazard with my schedule. If I'm awake after 10am and before noon, things are going well.

Never liked mornings. A sunrise fills me with dread, but I have no explanation about why. I was like that as a kid, too... I worked third shift for some years, and I didn't mind staying up all night, but once I saw that sun creeping over the horizon, I always felt a bit of gloom.
I'm like that myself. I've worked night shift before --- quite a bit actually --- and I always liked it.
Same thing when I was traveling: my favorite time to roll into a town was in the wee hours of the morning when everybody else was asleep
There was such a deep sense of peace and calm.
Always felt like I owned the whole world.
And just like you I always faced sunrise with a sense of foreboding. That's when the world wakes up. All the machines start up again. All the noise, traffic exhaust fumes, . . .

To me, all of a sudden it seemed like the world was suddenly full of a whole bunch of people who would rather be someplace else (probably back in bed. :p )

(oops. Accidentally hit the post button before I meant to. :p)

*Edit: okay finished it.

Last edited: