• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Did You Do Today?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I have been wrangling an angry and hysterical seven year old, who seems to be in a 'mood' the last few days... and has just learned his Grandfather's birthday party(which he was really looking forward to) has been cancelled.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I did some writing, got sad over frozen marigolds, saw ducks in my backyard at 6 AM, and did some grass trimming. The frozen marigolds are due to impatience.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Trimmed trees.
Watered grass on repaired trench.
Transplanted trees.
Pulled stickie willie & garlic mustard.
Ate food.
Drank liquids.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Today I'm going to ride my bike down to the beach on my way to town where I'll park myself outside of the university owned theater and download a bunch of movies on to my tablet using their Wi-Fi.

I may or may not pick a few things up at the co-op while I'm there.

This may not sound like a big deal but the truth is I like my new place so much it's really hard for me to get myself to leave and go anywhere these days.

I've been procrastinating so much that yesterday I wound up doing a week's worth of shopping and my laundry in one day. I went to five different stores one right after the other.

It actually feel good. After a weeks worth of spending most of my time online, going out into the world and covering all that ground felt like an epic quest. :D
Downloaded:
2 episodes of Burn Notice
5 episodes of The Storyteller (Jim Henson's re-telling of old European folk-tales)
Movies:
The Handmaiden
I am dragon
Unsane
The Woman
American Animals

That should hold me over for a while.

Last edited:

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Trimmed trees.
Watered grass on repaired trench.
Transplanted trees.
Pulled stickie willie & garlic mustard.
Ate food.
Drank liquids.

What did you eat? What did you drink?

I did some writing, got sad over frozen marigolds, saw ducks in my backyard at 6 AM, and did some grass trimming. The frozen marigolds are due to impatience.

Sorry about your flowers. :(

Seeing ducks is always exciting for me, don't know why. We saw a couple of mallards in the park yesterday. Was the highlight of my day, despite it raining on us in the process. We badly needed the rain.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
What did you eat? What did you drink?

Sorry about your flowers. :(

Seeing ducks is always exciting for me, don't know why. We saw a couple of mallards in the park yesterday. Was the highlight of my day, despite it raining on us in the process. We badly needed the rain.
These were mallards. I was in the middle of sadhana, between 'events' and took a look out the window. The ducks were a real surprise, I'd never seen them land in a backyard in the middle of the city. I only saw the greenhead, but my boarder was awake so I got him to come look. When they took off, he saw the female go too. About a week ago there were 4 cats out there. My sadhanas attract 'stuff'.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
These were mallards. I was in the middle of sadhana, between 'events' and took a look out the window. The ducks were a real surprise, I'd never seen them land in a backyard in the middle of the city. I only saw the greenhead, but my boarder was awake so I got him to come look. When they took off, he saw the female go too. About a week ago there were 4 cats out there. My sadhanas attract 'stuff'.

Last summer, my husband was going on with his "I want" list regarding vehicles/vehicle supplies(which tends to overwhelm me, for various reasons), so I just started randomly and nonsensically declaring that I wanted a pair of mallards. And I kept going on about it, being somewhat like a silly kid, mostly to amuse myself. While there are places near rivers and lakes to see mallards in the city, they don't roam our busy neighborhood.

The next afternoon it stormed, and I was watching out the window. We have a boulevard on our street, and I happened to notice movement.... here comes a pair of mallards, waddling down the grass. I got really excited(which I almost never do), and started making a stink about "they're here! I got my mallards!" At first, my husband thought I was joking, but there they were. We had some bird and squirrel feed on the porch, which we took out to them. They didn't eat much, or stay too long... but that was a really unexpected appearance, and of all times...