• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Did You Do Today?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Got up and trained to work.
Worked.
Stopped work to get lunch (Curry Chicken Don)
Typed this.

Have to admit, feels more exciting in the moment than this conveys. Let me try this again.

Bounced out of bed, kissed my beautiful family goodbye and immersed myself in a bubbling sea of humanity as I trained to work.
Unleashed my mad work skills on a previously unsuspecting world.
Paused work to find some tasty Japanese food with just enough spice.
Responded to a thread created by the esteemed RF member, @JustGeorge

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Wake up. It's always "ugh, another day". But I don't think it during the day itself, oddly.

Oooh...pro tip.

Make the first thing you do something enjoyable, even if it means you need to get up a few minutes earlier.

I give myself a couple of minutes after the alarm, then make a coffee and go wake up my kids.
I used to rush in and say 'wake up, time to get ready'.
Now I sit on their bed for a couple of minutes sipping my coffee and wake them up more gently, and ask what's on for the day.

More pleasant for them AND me!!

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Meh. People make disagreeable decision s sometimes. It is what it is.

I'll cheer up with ice cream later :p

Ice cream is the way to go!

What kind will you have? I had a brownie batter blizzard from DQ.

Wake up. It's always "ugh, another day". But I don't think it during the day itself, oddly.

I really struggle in the morning, too... I find it helpful to make a post in a productivity site I use that's derogatory towards mornings in general, and strangely, it makes me feel a little better.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Worked.
Typed this.

Have to admit, feels more exciting in the moment than this conveys. Let me try this again.

Bounced out of bed, kissed my beautiful family goodbye and immersed myself in a bubbling sea of humanity as I trained to work.
Think I'm going to have you write my next resume. :thumbsup:

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Worked.
Typed this.

Ah, I see it really is all in the delivery!

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I started charging my brand new solar generator for the first time.

Then I put my home gym together (also for the first time) and used it for maybe 45 seconds (I haven't worked out for a while. I'm trying to ease my way back into it)

Hung out on RF. Got involved in a pointless head game (wait, now I'm being redundant).

Rode my bike to the store. Got involved in an epic hour long struggle with the stores digital coupon app (which I eventually won).

Gave a few people dirty looks and called one guy a $#@-&! (I really have to stop doing my grocery shopping during rush hour).

Stopped by my neighbor's on my way back and hung out for about an hour.

Ate dinner, took a shower.

Logged back into RF got involved in another head game (actually it was the same head game).

Decided I'd rather be posting in this kind of thread for a while.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I started charging my brand new solar generator for the first time.

Then I put my home gym together (also for the first time) and used it for maybe 45 seconds (I haven't worked out for a while. I'm trying to ease my way back into it)

Hung out on RF. Got involved in a pointless head game (wait, now I'm being redundant).

Rode my bike to the store. Got involved in an epic hour long struggle with the stores digital coupon app (which I eventually won).

Gave a few people dirty looks and called one guy a $#@-&! (I really have to stop doing my grocery shopping during rush hour).

Stopped by my neighbor's on my way back and hung out for about an hour.

Ate dinner, took a shower.

Logged back into RF got involved in another head game (actually it was the same head game).

Decided I'd rather be posting in this kind of thread for a while.

I hope you find this more entertaining, though I can't guarantee no one will come along and be a $#@-&! after awhile. (Do feel free to give them a dirty look, however.)

This is RF, after all.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I hope you find this more entertaining, though I can't guarantee no one will come along and be a $#@-&! after awhile. (Do feel free to give them a dirty look, however.)

This is RF, after all.

I'll just sic my monkey on 'em.