• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What convinced you that Evolution is the truth?

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What a great privilege to be a Jehovah's Witness!!!
I'm glad you feel that way. That's how I feel about my atheism and humanism.
evolutionists would have us believe that the information within the DNA of a single-celled organism was transformed over time into the information in the DNA in a human.
The scientific community of experts in this area don't really care what the rest of us believe. It's not just the creationists they don't hear. They also don't care that those of us who agree with them do.
Theoretically speaking, any information change of that type would require energy capable of generating that process.
Yes. The energy for evolution comes mostly from the sun, which powers cell growth and replication via a series of reactions beginning with photosynthesis, which ultimately leads to the production of ATP, but some is from other radiation such as cosmic particles impacting DNA.
Taking into account how much information is actually lost
Information isn't lost in a gene pool unless something like a bottleneck or an extinction event reduces the size of a gene pool. Otherwise, whenever an allele is lost to the population, it is because it has been supplanted by an allele that confers a greater competitive advantage
Is it really credible that this process has occurred, or that it did happen automatically?
You've got two possibilities: naturalistically and supernaturalistically. Is it really credible that life arose supernaturally?
How long would something like this take?
That wouldn't be predictable, but science tells us it took between 3 and 4.5 billion years -much longer than six days.
Things cannot be taken for granted by mere speculation. Its real probability must be calculated taking into account the facts.
We have more than mere speculation for the science, but you don't. What's the probability that gods are possible? If possible, what are the odds one or more exist? You can't answer either of those questions. Neither can I nor anybody else.

Eli G

You evolutionists are not as "sophisticated" as you think you are. :)

Observation is a "scientific" research method, and it is very simple to carry out. You are so blinded by your arrogance that you have not had time to observe reality to derive rational conclusions from what you see.

Tell me: what do you see when you look at the flowers in your garden or eat a delicipus fruit? What do you feel when you take a breath of scented air on a mountain, or are calmed by the breeze of the sea waves on a day at the beach?

That you enjoy such a display of beauty and goodness is not coincidental, as you believe. A little realistic observation will take you out of your fantasy... but you are too caught up in that illusion of certain sofisticated idea of "evolutionary science", that you have lost sight of the reality in front of you.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member

Observation is a "scientific" research method, and it is very simple to carry out. You are so blinded by your arrogance that you have not had time to observe reality to derive rational conclusions from what you see.

Tell me: what do you see when you look at the flowers in your garden or eat a delicipus fruit? What do you feel when you take a breath of scented air on a mountain, or are calmed by the breeze of the sea waves on a day at the beach?

That you enjoy such a display of beauty and goodness is not coincidental, as you believe. A little realistic observation will take you out of your fantasy... but you are too caught up in that illusion of certain sofisticated idea of "evolutionary science", that you have lost sight of the reality in front of you.
Hardly - religion = arrogance so often, unless you believe every one of them. :rolleyes:

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Tell me: what do you see when you look at the flowers in your garden

That they make me sneeze due to allergies.

or eat a delicipus fruit?

That it's tasty. Tastier then poisneous fruit.

What do you feel when you take a breath of scented air on a mountain, or are calmed by the breeze of the sea waves on a day at the beach?

It's nice.
Much nicer then the fumes of a volcano.

That you enjoy such a display of beauty and goodness is not coincidental, as you believe.

It certainly isn't coincidental. It's a survival advantage. If I would equally enjoy the fumes of a volcano as I do a breath of scented air, I wouldn't be living very long.
If poisenous fruit would taste as nice as healthy fruit, I wouldn't be living very long either.

That which we consider beautiful and delicious, tends to go hand in hand with that which is good for us.

A little realistic observation will take you out of your fantasy...

Irony.

but you are too caught up in that illusion of certain sofisticated idea of "evolutionary science", that you have lost sight of the reality in front of you.
What reality?
That from a survival perspective it is more advantagous to like healthy fruit over poisonous fruit? That is better to prefer fresh air over volcanic fumes?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I don't have any satisfactory answer to my questions, as I said.

Someone replied: "Your questions (...) can't be answered."
Another one said: "We've all responded to your questions".

They don't even agree on that. :facepalm:

The funny thing about it is that "they" use the personal pronoun "WE" every time "they" say something, as if "they" were a cult. If "they" are, "they" seem to be very divided "among themselves". "They" remind me of what Jesus Christ said:

Mark 3:24 Why, if a kingdom becomes divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand; 25 and if a house becomes divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand. 26 Also, if Satan has risen up against himself and become divided, he cannot stand, but is coming to an end.

What a great privilege to be a Jehovah's Witness!!! We can use the pronoun WE; it is a real identity, not a fake one.
Do you come here just to talk to yourself?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Observation on its own is not evidence. There has to be point to the observation for it to be evidence.

Let me help you on the very simple idea of scientific evidence. This is the rule that scientist follow whether it is physics, biology, chemistry or geology.

"In the sciences, evidence is understood as what confirms or disconfirms scientific hypotheses."

Scientists do often do just observe quite often and then form a hypothesis after trying to reason out what they saw, But until they form a hypothesis they do not have any evidence, by definition.

A scientific hypothesis is when one tries to explain some part of the real world. It also has to be, and this is an absolute, testable. The scientist must think of at least one way that his idea could be shown to be wrong by the predictions that the hypothesis makes. And no cheating. One the test cannot be one that the scientist already knows the answer to. That would be pretty much cheating. If you are aware of Kent Hovind the ex-con and professional liar for Jesus he has claimed to make hypotheses, but they are already of events that he knows the answer to. They are events that everyone knows the answer to. The idea to the sciences is to answer the unknown, not to rehash the known.

That is why "Look at the trees!" "Look at the flowers!" is not evidence for anything. It only earns a response of "So what/"

Forming a proper hypothesis is the hard part of the sciences. One has to learn enough to make such a hypothesis in the first place and then be bold enough to let the rest of the world to try and refute your idea. Science works so well because bad ideas tend to be refuted rather quickly. Science is the process of getting rid of all of the wrong answers.

Astrophile

If poisonous fruit would taste as nice as healthy fruit, I wouldn't be living very long either.
According to reports by the few people who have eaten them and survived, death cap mushrooms taste nice. All right, I know that mushrooms aren't fruit, or even plants, but a good taste is not a guarantee that a fungus is safe to eat.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
:facepalm: There is not any science called evolution.
That's one of those nonsense that I often hear around here.

1713250415640.png

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Evolution is no different to any other science, there is always more to learn. Science is not a belief.

The idea that science can be compartmentalized into little boxes of individual sciences has long been shown to be not true, every area of study is interconnected with many others. Usually shown to be linking back to particle physics.
The processes of Evolution are still being studied and are a typical multi discipline branch of science.