• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Classic Video Games of Old did you Enjoy?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Please...no worries. I had the top of the line. I mean really...who could beat Atari, ColecoVision and Commodore 64 and 128D? :p I went for many years without playing video games at home. Once I hit high school it was more about the actual arcade games in the pool halls and the student lounge and such. Once in the Navy I eventually got a Playstation and it was the shiznit at the time. I've never had anything else. Playstation, PS2 and now PS3. Nothing else...unless you count my computer :p
The Fairchild!

Draka

Wonder Woman

OMG...that looks SO familiar! I KNOW I had the controllers at the very least. Actually, as I look at the Channel F System II I could swear that was among the collection of consoles we had. See, my dad at that time use to run his own electronic repair shop and sometimes people would drop stuff off with him that they didn't really want anymore and said if he could fix them he could keep them. There were also people who never came back to pick up some stuff they dropped off and if it was in his possession for a certain amount of time after it was repaired and notice of repair sent out, it became his property to do with as he wished (that was part of the agreement). So we got a lot of electronic games and consoles and handheld games and shtuff. It was kind of nice. :p Some people just didn't care I guess. I mean, why bother paying to repair an Atari when you could go and and buy a new NES or whatnot? So, he didn't get paid for repairing something sometimes...but he got the object to keep and use at least.

Last edited:

Peacewise

I'm an old school gamer from way back.
commodore 64 was the leading big wave, despite that a few other machines came first.

Elite! oh yeh.
Bubble Bobble, that was brilliant in two player.
Uridium. Paradroid. They rocked. Or where they Amiga? dim and dark memory.
Speedball. Amiga and pc was an awesome game.
Civilisation 1 and 2.
Starcraft was 1998, so that's old school, but it's still going strong for those who can handle the pressure.
Supercycle was my favourite racing game.
Defender, was too hard for me.
Galaxians long time favourite.
Galaga, even better.
Space invaders was fun.
Gauntlet, when it made it to computers it just lost a certain something.

That'll do for now.

DavyCrocket2003

Lets see...
Tiger Heli
Nice! That was always the one we played on my aunts NES (besides Marios 1 and 3).
I cant believe someone else has played robotron! Although I played it on an apple ii e. Crazy man. I've played so many old games on apple IIe:
loadrunner
this fighting game by Broaderbund. (I think it's called that. Their logo was antlers.)
This game about a trip to mars with a robot named EZ4U.
Oregon Trail.
Summer Games.
Spelevator.
Oh Deer!
Lemonade Tycoon (or something like that... I dunno, Market Sense?)
Jungle Hunt
A game we called "Shoot Over the Mountain"
Number/Word Munchers
Odel Lake
OH! The Best on of all! Moon Patrol!
Hmm... I know there are many more. I just can't remember them.
Oh yeah, like Konan!
Oh and mario bros!

As for other classic games... does this one count? I've been playing quite a bit recently to be honest. Does that disqualify it?
moz-screenshot.png
starcraft_broodwar_profilelarge.JPG

Thesavorofpan

Is not going to save you.
Romance of the Three Kingdoms 3
Genghis Khan II: Clan of the Grey Wolf
Chrono Trigger
Breath of Fire

I don't understand 1-3 of the Romance of the three kingdoms series. Never played 5 or 6. I have played the rest and by far my favorite is number eight. I've spent so many hours playing that game, none of the others compare to it in my opinion.

Genghis Khan 2 someone else actually played that game? I wish they would remake that game it would be awesome since Koei is awesome at making historical simulators.

Chrono Trigger I've played that it's a well thought out rpg.

Breath of Fire I've played this too. I never beaten it before.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Oregon Trail.
Summer Games.
Lemonade Tycoon (or something like that... I dunno, Market Sense?)

I remember playing those, but isn't Lemonade Tycoon a little more recent?

I liked Summer Games on the Commodore 64. I was awesome at the skeet shooting and platform diving. ;):D

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
How is it that you guys have gone through nine pages without mentioning Wolfenstein 3D or SimCity? Those were two of my favourites.

And Leisure Suit Larry was that mythic "forbidden" game that all the kids in school talked about but none had ever actually played.

I never had a Nintendo or any version thereof. Ever.
The only Nintendo product I ever had was an original Game Boy. I liked Blades of Steel.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Castlevania... also I'm not sure if Symphony of the Night qualifies as classic yet, but it was darn good :D

and how could I forget Super Metroid...

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
I liked the old Mario Bros. for Nintendo. I had the crave to play Super Mario Bros 3 the other day, but I don't have it anymore :( I could get the remake for GBA which is pretty well the same levels and graphics