• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Classic Video Games of Old did you Enjoy?

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
HOW DARE YOU DENY THE GREATNESS OF FLYING THROUGH HOOPS!?!?!?!1 :super:
I don't deny the greatness of flying through hoops. I deny the greatness of getting stuck on a wall that's 5 feet away!

darn it, I can't come up with a response lol

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Final Fantasy IV- I liked the classic rather then the DS version

ffiv_fight.jpg

Final Fantasy USA, Mystic Quest

mystiq_2.jpg

And who could forget?

snes_super_mario_world_2jpg.jpeg

wart_bad_dream_machine.jpg

link-to-the-past.jpg

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Somewhat, but not really, old school:

Odd World
Castelvania: Symphony of the Night
Final Fantasy VII
Twisted Metal
Rayman

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
We actually had to buy Pac Man separately. The game that came with the Atari 2600 was Combat:

combat1.png

Things did improve when Activision started making games:

keystonekapers1983activision_17.png

But it wasn't until the invention and release of ColecoVision that up to date arcade graphics (as poor as they were back then) could be played in the home:

the-colecovision-buyers-guide-20080310055953727.jpg

And, for those that didn't know, ColecoVision had an add-on that could be bought in case you wanted to play your primitive Atari 2600 games on it. As far as I know, they never made an interface to play the old Pong games though.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Anyone remember Gunslinger? :p

GunslingerTarget_Shoot_2600_ScreenShot1.gif
I hated that game with a passion.
It was one of the few my mother always beat me at.....

That and that stupid Night driver and Circus Atari and Super Breakout.

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
I was obsessed with all things Indiana Jones when I was a kid- even the awful game that I never managed to actually beat.
[youtube]koWxUd30hDo[/youtube]

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I was obsessed with all things Indiana Jones when I was a kid- even the awful game that I never managed to actually beat.

Holy crap - I spent endless days trying to figure that friggin game out. It was like some sort of abstract puzzle. Everytime I actually figured out how to get to a new screen, I was ecstatic, but I had no idea what it meant.

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
Holy crap - I spent endless days trying to figure that friggin game out. It was like some sort of abstract puzzle. Everytime I actually figured out how to get to a new screen, I was ecstatic, but I had no idea what it meant.
You, sir, get frubals for knowing exactly how that game made me feel. I always snagged my parachute on that stupid tree limb. :(

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Hey, anybody remember this game?

Joe_&_Mac_2_Lost_in_the_Tropics_SNES_ScreenShot4.jpg

Or this?

Tetris%20Attack%20(2).gif

Which eventually led to this N-64 favorite of mine

644575.jpg

Oh that reminds me. The original Pokemon Red!

missingno.jpg

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Lets see...

Zelda, especially A Link to the Past
Final Fantasy, 2(IV), 3(VI)
Contra
Tiger Heli
The one where I crashed half the darn time(really more) trying to land on the aircraft carrier...
Spy hunter
Super Mario, 3, Land(SNES)

Riverwolf, if you try MQ again it might grow on you... I know it was disliked in its time, but I'd give it another chance...

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
It's weird to see you guys talk about all the different Zeldas. I remember when the first one came out. My record was beating it in 5½ hours. I did not use the "save" option once that day.

legendofzelda1.jpg

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
I always liked gauntlet....

I loved playing that down the pub as a kid...
I almost forgot about that game. I don't recall ever doing well at it, but since a quarter would let you keep going you didn't have to be all that good. Just have some extra quarters. :)

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
The one where I crashed half the darn time(really more) trying to land on the aircraft carrier...

Ah, yes. THAT lovely game. ^_^ I actually do know how to land on that carrier... but it's still very difficult.

Riverwolf, if you try MQ again it might grow on you... I know it was disliked in its time, but I'd give it another chance...

It's not so much that it's bad, but just that it's... lacking. It doesn't have that same kind of wonder that the real games have.

Admittedly, I haven't played it that much. It just never appealed.