• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What classes are you taking?

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Thats not too bad, i think i have about 22 hours contact time for my subjects. However, mine involve labs which are both time and mind draining. With your kind of degree do they let you do many hands on activies?
I remeber during my finals last year i spent about 20 hours a day in my room, not fun.

Well, we had a month of excavation on the summer after the first year of the degree, and we were supposed to have another month of excavations that makes you qualified to run a dig, but it seems to be facing some problems this year, and we might miss it. other than that we go on archaeological tours around Israel. we also had typology classes in which you learned the basics of identifying and drawing pottery.

Sahar

- Ophthalmology
- Forensic and Toxicology
- Otorhinolaryngology
- Community Medicine

:rainbow1: :D

Last edited:

Elessar

My courses this semester:

Honors Intellectual History II
Basically an English course, though it is quite interesting. Right now, we're studying A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking. Much better than Intellectual History I, but that's because of my previous professor, who was, for lack of a better word, an idiot.

Race and Judaism
A Jewish Studies course about relations between the different Jewish "races" (Ashkenazi/Sephardi/etc.), where Jews have "fit" into the racial spectrum of various classifications, and where Jews actually belong in this racial structure, if the structure even exists. I have a brilliant professor in this one.

Hebrew II
A language course, it's modern Hebrew as spoken in Israel, as opposed to religious or Classical Hebrew in the Torah, the Talmud and the various prayers. Since most of what I know is Classical Hebrew, and since I already speak a form of Jewish English as my first language, it's not especially difficult.

Honors Art of Acting
Basically, a combination of introduction to theater and a social study of the actual art itself. Excellent class, with a brilliant professor.

As a note, by complete accident, all of my professors are ethnically Jewish (though only one of them, religiously so).

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist

Caladan: Your classes seem fabulous. I'm just a tad jealous :D
I took part in some very interesting courses during this degree. I had a course about art, myth, and propaganda in Rome last semester which was fascinating and touched imperators like Augustus, their deification and the mythical propaganda around them. I had a fascinating course about Greek literature in the semester I just finished where we touched anything from Homer's Iliad and Odyssey to Sofocles and Aristophanes , one of the best courses I took (well had to take) was the development of archaeological thought, a brilliant course about the different philosophies of archaeology that the different eras produced.

Stellify

StarChild
I took part in some very interesting courses during this degree. I had a course about art, myth, and propaganda in Rome last semester which was fascinating and touched imperators like Augustus, their deification and the mythical propaganda around them. I had a fascinating course about Greek literature in the semester I just finished where we touched anything from Homer's Iliad and Odyssey to Sofocles and Aristophanes , one of the best courses I took (well had to take) was the development of archaeological thought, a brilliant course about the different philosophies of archaeology that the different eras produced.

Now you're just rubbing it in :p

But truly, those classes sound like tons of fun! That's the kind of stuff I would like to take :D Perhaps if I have enough electives left :yes:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Now you're just rubbing it in :p

But truly, those classes sound like tons of fun! That's the kind of stuff I would like to take :D Perhaps if I have enough electives left :yes:
Go for it, me and my friends from the department dug up courses related to our field from plenty of other departments: medical studies, ecology, classical studies, history, Hebrew culture, Art.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Greek art of war

Greek (Attic)

A seminar which all Master's degree students must take about excavations in Israel

Temple and society (in ancient Egypt, a seminar)

a seminar about academic writing

Economy and everyday life in the classical periods in Israel (a seminar)

Greek dark ages (a seminar)

Last edited:

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
Rocket Propulsion (Yes, I am a rocket scientist :cool:)

Intro. to Computational Fluid Dynamics

Design Build Test class where we are building an experiment to study viscous forces in a fluid in low gravity that will be launched on an experimental rocket.

Intro. to the Study of Religion

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
Greek art of war

Attic Greek

A seminar which all Master's degree student must take about excavations in Israel

Temple and society (in ancient Egypt, a seminar)

a seminar about academic writing

Economy and everyday life in the classical periods in Israel (a seminar)

Greek dark ages (a seminar)
What is "Attic Greek"?

YamiB.

Currently I'm taking :

Indian History
Teaching for Equity and Diversity
Teaching to English Second Language Learners
Inclusion in Classrooms
Foundations of Educational Psychology
Urban Anthropology
Economics of Social Problems

I'm looking more forward to next semester when I will start taking my 300 and 400 level history classes.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
This upcoming semester:

- African-American History 1870-Present
- History of Scientific Revolution
- Anthropological Studies of Mesoamerican Empires (Inca, Aztec, Maya)
- Japanese Politics
- Calculus I
- Biology Introduction

Then I'll be done with one of two majors and onto physics in the summer:

- Physics Mechanics
- Physics Solid State
- Modern Physics
- Calculus II
- Multivariable Calculus

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
This upcoming semester:

- African-American History 1870-Present
- History of Scientific Revolution
- Anthropological Studies of Mesoamerican Empires (Inca, Aztec, Maya)
- Japanese Politics
- Calculus I
- Biology Introduction

Then I'll be done with one of two majors and onto physics in the summer:

- Physics Mechanics
- Physics Solid State
- Modern Physics
- Calculus II
- Multivariable Calculus

Calculus sucks :) Did 3 semesters of it and havn't used it since.

This semester im doing:

- Construction Materials and design
- Geotechnical Engineering Practice
- Structural Anaylsis
- Foundation of the Western World (engineering is boring so i want to do something fun)

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
-Senior Spacecraft Design: Here is last years project. We will need to do something similar.
-Advanced Zero Gravity Experiment
-Flight Test
-Introduction to Christian Theology

StevieHummingbird

Singing, Dancing, Living
Technically, I am still in high school, but we were given a free collage course and I just finished and it was communication foundations, I officially believe collage is going to suck.

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
Technically, I am still in high school, but we were given a free collage course and I just finished and it was communication foundations, I officially believe collage is going to suck.
Unfortunately, it all depends on what college you go to and what you major in. Not all majors are created equal, nor are all schools.:(