• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What book(s) are you reading now?

karabobila81

I didn't really care for Choke that much. Sex addicts are rather dull after reading about a former fashion model who had her jaw shot off.
Oh it wasn't about a sex addict or was he? Lol its been awhile since I read it. And yes that does sound more interesting than going to restaunts and pretending to choke to get money. I also have heard that invisible monsters is a great book

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Oh it wasn't about a sex addict or was he? Lol its been awhile since I read it. And yes that does sound more interesting than going to restaunts and pretending to choke to get money. I also have heard that invisible monsters is a great book
Yeah. Victor Mancini, and his buddy Denny, are both sex addicts. Denny replaces on addiction for another, and Victor keeps having strange anonymous sex.
As for Invisible Monsters, it is a very great book. Bold and super-crazy characters, lots of philosophy regarding social interactions, balance of power, and consumer culture, and a lot of crazy things.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I have Palahniuk's Lullaby and Haunted, and then all the stuff I checked out from the library is checked back in. And then I got a bunch of Anne Rice to read.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I'm reading the second book in the "Lying Game" series: "Never Have I Ever."

High school drama is fun. I'm not sure I'll ever grow out of "young adult" literature. To be fair, I probably still am a sort of young adult...

Intojoy

Brothers by Bernice Reuben

Among the Jewish people, survivors of the Russian conscription of young male Jews is a story too hard to tell. The extreme cruelty to the Jews done in the name of Christianity is so heart wrenching that few if any who survived this era will speak of it for feeling guilt that they survived while their loved ones did not.

Bernice tells their story of two brothers who are conscripted into the Red Army as a form of Jewish population control.

This is a must read for non Jews and Jews alike.

Five stars

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
I am currently reading two books that I picked up at "Half Price Books":

Jaina Sutras
Translated from Prakrit by Hermann Jacobi, in Two Parts: Part Two
The Uttaradyayana Sutra
The Sutrakritanga Sutra
Dover Publications, Inc. 1968
(Original 1895)
- Religion: Sutras from the Jain Traditions of India, Arhats embody virtues, virtues provide a self deliverance, the self deliverance melds into universal perfection.

To Green Angel Tower
Part 1
By Tad Williams
Daw Books, Inc. 1st Edition 1993
- Science Fiction-Fantasy: Terrifying Magical Conflict threatens to fracture the very fabric of time and space, evil minions of undead verse The League as hidden mysteries from the past are sought to give the armies of good a magical victory.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
The Book of Negros by Lawrence Hill. It's an incredibly compelling and very well written saga of a young girl stolen from her village in Africa and sent to South Carolina as a slave. Deep, intimate and sharply honest. The main character, Aminata steals your heart with her courage, resilience and grace. I'm loving it so far.

http://lawrencehill.com/the-book-of-negroes/

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
1) Be like water - Joseph Cardillo
2) Body Intelligence - Joseph Cardillo, PhD

Wu Wei

The Bible... only took me over half a century to get to it on my reading list

Wu Wei

Reading: The opening of the Wisdom ~ Eye by H.H. the Dalai Lama Tenzin Gyatso

Rereading: The Swimming Dragon: A Chinese Way to Fitness, Beautiful Skin, Weight Loss, and High Energy Paperback by Tzu Kuo Shih