• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are your core beliefs?

s2a

Heretic and part-time (skinny) Santa impersonator
What belief(s) are at the base of your life and your approach to the world?

I think I have 2 core beliefs.

(1) Objectivity is unknowable.
(2) I wish to live and die without regret.

How about you?

Well.

Um, Ok...

1) Entropy wins.
2) Within the context of the entirety of the cosmos, there are neither rewards nor punishments - only consequences.
3) Don't crap where you, or anyone else, has dinner
4) Ignorance can be cured... but ignorance and fear go to the bone
5) Remember where you parked at the Mall
6) Have as much sex as you can, as often as you can when you are young, because sex at 90 is just plain ugly (and against the Geneva Conventions).
7) Religion is the most popular substitute for reality today... but that doesn't make it acceptable alternative when super-collided with existent matter...
8) Cake is always better than ice cream, when a choice is available...

I have more, but... like you really care... :)

Curious George

Veteran Member
I believe with every passing moment we, through volitional acts, place a grain of sand on our Mandala of life.

We may not know how many grains we get, nor can we always control the color, shape and size. Yet eventually our Mandala will be done, and swept away. These, our most precious creations, are wholly unique.

Yet, each life, too, is a grain of sand in a larger Mandala of life. The individual life is no more illusion than this greater life.

And, though all our lives are destined to be swept away, our contribution does matter. There may be no living memory of us in 100 years, 1,000, years or 10,000; our lives in the span of time may be no more than a blink of a blink.

Still, when we reach out to another with compassion. It matters. It is no illusion. This may only be true for a mere moment; This may only be true from two perspectives. However, it is, nonetheless true.

Twig pentagram

High Priest
1- I don't have beliefs, I have thoughts.

2- Knowledge is power.

3- The five points of the star of Noble Drew Ali.

4- Both hands serve The Master.

Last edited:

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
1- I don't have beliefs, I have thoughts.

2- Knowledge is power.

3- The five points of the star of Noble Drew Ali.

4- Both hands serve The Master.

You do appear to have beliefs, as you believe the last three things, and you believe that you have thoughts.

Why regret a past that no longer exists? We aren't the people we used to be, we're the people we are now. The same goes for the future... What exists in the future is what it will be, there's no reason to go chasing after it... It's an illusion and is subject to change. Yes the past is in stone, that's because it's done.