• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you doing?

Songbird

She rules her life like a bird in flight
Eating dark chocolate, drinking red wine, in a rocking chair with my laptop.

Garr is still staring in my window.

Otherright

Otherright
I wonder what everyone's real life looks like while they're posting. Are you at home, work, uni, a library? Sipping tea, multitasking, in pajamas? Do you post in a chair, under there, while brushing hair?

At the moment I'm sitting in bed with my laptop, listening to my daughter play in the other room. I've got sweatpants on, no makeup, hair is kind of messy. I can faintly hear the kitchen radio. Oh, and there's an alien named Garr staring at me through the window.

I'm sitting at my desk, in a high-back leather chair from the 70's that squeaks, on the desktop because my laptop is dead. Laying beside me, on a stack of research papers on parthenogenesis, is a Siamese color-point. Another, a seal-point, perches across the room on a trunk.
Above and before me, a dry-erase board with issues that pertain to the social and philosophical problems of parthenogenesis and how each has to be worked into the story before it is finished and submitted for publication. In the lower right corner, are notes detailing the genetics involved in the story hastily written over a phone conversation with my best friend, a leading biophysicist in the field of protein synthesis.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I am sitting nestled into one corner of my leather sofa, eating a fabulous salad with a balsamic vinaigrette dressing that I whipped up, and drinking a big icy glass of mineral water with a twist of lemon. I'm toodling around Facebook and this forum, answering a few posts before I settle in and watch "All About Eve" starring Bette Davis.

I've got on my favorite leggings and a T shirt I bought in Colorado a few months ago.

My two mutts - Josie and WhoDat - are lazing about at my feet. They're both rescued dogs - and I honestly thought they would be smallish dogs. Nope - they're both over 60 pounds now. My Siamese cat is curled up with them.

My husband is working out of town for the next few days, so I've got a cache of "girl movies" (those are usually subtitled and/or 50 years old!) and a new book downloaded onto my Kindle.

Outside it's still over 100 degrees (at nearly 8 pm), but inside my house, it's cool and quiet. After a crazy day in banking (believe it or not, there's never a dull minute!), I'm really enjoying the peace.

I have an idea for a poem - something related to the fact that we CAN go back again to places we've loved, and find remnants of that elusive past - but the things that are the dearest to us are always just out of reach when we're there. They pull at us, and woo us - but in the end they fade away just as we thing we've grasped them.

I'm working on the poem - but it's still more in my head than on paper.

The only thing missing is a glass of wine - but the evening's not over yet!

lunamoth

Will to love
I am usually posting from my home office in between other work, or from my phone when I am out and about, waiting for an appointment or whatever. Right now I'm listening to some thunder from one of the many storms that have been rolling through our area every afternoon and evening.

I love thunder and lightening storms, the wilder the better!

My home office is a very busy corner of the house, shared by my two daughters and husband and all of the billions of computer things we each do all of the time. It's a great room, by far the most cluttered of the house. Stuffed with books and office knick-knacks and kids projects. Sometimes it drives me nuts (the rest of my house is very clutter-free and clean because I'm a neat freak), but most of time I love the life and activity it represents.

Have a great evening, all!

Songbird

She rules her life like a bird in flight
I'm sitting at my desk, in a high-back leather chair from the 70's that squeaks, on the desktop because my laptop is dead. Laying beside me, on a stack of research papers on parthenogenesis, is a Siamese color-point. Another, a seal-point, perches across the room on a trunk.
Above and before me, a dry-erase board with issues that pertain to the social and philosophical problems of parthenogenesis and how each has to be worked into the story before it is finished and submitted for publication. In the lower right corner, are notes detailing the genetics involved in the story hastily written over a phone conversation with my best friend, a leading biophysicist in the field of protein synthesis.

Wow! Sciencey.

Immaculate conceptions!