• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are some original allegories/parables that you can come up with?

Pear

Do not steal these from the Bible, etc. Come up with some on your own. I just thought I would ask this to see peoples ideas on certain subjects.

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
A man was sitting at home when all of a sudden he heard a knock at the door. He rose up to get the door and saw that the person at his door was a salesman was selling wine.

"Good afternoon sir. I'm selling wine door to door." Said the Salesman.

"Do you have any Chardonnay?" Asked the Man of the House.

"Even better, I've got Chardonnay from straight from France that I just got on a business trip." Said the Salesman.

"How much do you want for it?" Asked the Man of the House.

"5 dollars." Said the Salesman

The Man of the House immediately began drinking it, after about 15 minutes the room began spinning and all of a sudden he heard a crash from behind him. He woke up with his bookshelves bare, TV and Cell phone gone and it was night. On top of this his window in the front room where he was sitting was shattered.When he tried to stand he realized that his head was bleeding. Clamoring through the night he tried to find his way around the neighborhood drugged until finally he couldn't walk anymore, he passed out and breathed his last. The drug took it's full effect.

Based on this story what does the Devil appear to be?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
A man was sitting at home when all of a sudden he heard a knock at the door. He rose up to get the door and saw that the person at his door was a salesman was selling wine.

"Good afternoon sir. I'm selling wine door to door." Said the Salesman.

"Do you have any Chardonnay?" Asked the Man of the House.

"Even better, I've got Chardonnay from straight from France that I just got on a business trip." Said the Salesman.

"How much do you want for it?" Asked the Man of the House.

"5 dollars." Said the Salesman

The Man of the House immediately began drinking it, after about 15 minutes the room began spinning and all of a sudden he heard a crash from behind him. He woke up with his bookshelves bare, TV and Cell phone gone and it was night. On top of this his window in the front room where he was sitting was shattered.When he tried to stand he realized that his head was bleeding. Clamoring through the night he tried to find his way around the neighborhood drugged until finally he couldn't walk anymore, he passed out and breathed his last. The drug took it's full effect.

Based on this story what does the Devil appear to be?

A French wine salesman?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
See the first line of my signature. While not so much an allegory or parable, in Druidic traditions we use something called triads, which are three-fold says of wisdom. The second is a well-known one that I did not make, but the first is my own. A lesson about the power of story - the power of the bards - something that is grossly underestimated by most in the culture that surrounds me. We don't think about how the narratives we tell shape how we see and define reality, and how in turn that shapes who we are, how we behave. Often, we don't even recognize that we are telling stories to ourselves.