• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Were the crew of the Enola Gay war criminals?

outhouse

Atheistically
Oh my goodness.
I'm speechless.

learn history if you want to hold your own in a debate

WAR is HELL no one denies how barbaric it was

Battle of Stalingrad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is the largest battle on the Eastern Front and was marked by its brutality and disregard for military and civilian casualties. It is among the bloodiest battles in the history of warfare, with the higher estimates of combined casualties amounting to nearly two million.

Germans were never inoccent of anything and every thing thing they recieved they deserved.

you need to let all this go and move on with YOUR life dwelling on how ugly war is ,,,, is not healthy

dont start with inoccent people, I understand the implications of such. WAR is UGLY

no-body

we had been doing this the whole war without intention of surrender.

You dont understand the history here.

It took something that massive or they would have fought to the last man, the fact we didnt kill them all was a gift

That is a matter of opinion. I don't see how destroying two populated military installations would have been less of a warning than bombing two civilian cities, it seems like cold blooded over kill especially after all the fire bombings. You can always bomb the cities after you show off the power of the A-bombs if they don't listen to reason.

But honestly it just shows me that war in any capacity is a fools game, there are never any bad guys or good guys and it is distressing to see such language being thrown out there now a days.

outhouse

Atheistically
That is a matter of opinion. I don't see how destroying two populated military installations would have been less of a warning than bombing two civilian cities, it seems like cold blooded over kill especially after all the fire bombings. You can always bomb the cities after you show off the power of the A-bombs if they don't listen to reason.

But honestly it just shows me that war in any capacity is a fools game, there are never any bad guys or good guys and it is distressing to see such language being thrown out there now a days.

Dude, this was a ugly time. Why have remorse for such violent people who did such horrific things?? They asked for it and recieved it.

now back to your post

That is a matter of opinion.

No it isnt, either you know the history or you do not. its obvious you do not.

I don't see how destroying two populated military installations would have been less of a warning than bombing two civilian cities

because it was such a clear message of the impending doom.

We would have fire bombed the whole country and peoples.

You need to understand in that time civilians were targets and this was a world war. there is no right or wrong, only winners. you dont let a ember smolder, you crush it out.

You had two choices to end the war, thats it. A or B

fire bomb everyone and everything resulting in 4 million deaths

or 2 atomic bombs resulting in 700,000 ish deaths

no-body

Dude, this was a ugly time. Why have remorse for such violent people who did such horrific things?? They asked for it and recieved it.

Because in reality they where no different than us at different periods of time? The only difference I see is we where jealous of their Bushido code.

No it isnt, either you know the history or you do not. its obvious you do not.

You can't know that for sure. Nothing in life is totally black and white.

because it was such a clear message of the impending doom.

We would have fire bombed the whole country and peoples.

You need to understand in that time civilians were targets and this was a world war. there is no right or wrong, only winners. you dont let a ember smolder, you crush it out.

You had two choices to end the war, thats it. A or B

fire bomb everyone and everything resulting in 4 million deaths

or 2 atomic bombs resulting in 700,000 ish deaths

Matter of opinion, you can't know what would have happened and neither does anyone else. If we where so concerned about justice and doing what's right why did our government clear Unit 731 of all wrong doing for worthless medical data?

outhouse

Atheistically
Matter of opinion, you can't know what would have happened and neither does anyone else

BULLoney

we have the orders that were signed and going to be carried out. Luckily for them and us, the bombs were dropped.

did you even read the link I provided?

Bismillah

Submit
Outhouse said:
sad thing is, if they didnt surrender that was on the table.
But why drop the bomb on a city? This was a spectacle of magnitude wouldn't dropping it on a fleet or hell off the coastline have done the same? Why go straight to this irrecoverable act when America's own top leaders military and political questioned and question whether it was such a necessary act and whether or not Japan would have struggled otherwise?

outhouse

Atheistically
But why drop the bomb on a city? This was a spectacle of magnitude wouldn't dropping it on a fleet or hell off the coastline have done the same? Why go straight to this irrecoverable act when America's own top leaders military and political questioned and question whether it was such a necessary act and whether or not Japan would have struggled otherwise?

read the link above I posted and decide if you want to trade 700,000 lives for 4,000,000

250,000 of those would have been american lives. To save that many american lives id level those islands myself

Bismillah

Submit
outhouse said:
read the link above I posted and decide if you want to trade 700,000 lives for 4,000,000
Again mate, you are avoiding the issue that no-body has outlined why weren't military installations targeted?

outhouse

Atheistically
they were targeted the whole war and it would not stop them.

a message had to be sent that would stop them in their tracks

outhouse

Atheistically
Ha, ha a free republic link, oh man. The only thing I see in that article is more opinions. There are differing views out there that say the Japanese where going to surrender soon anyway. Still don't understand why they couldn't have started off targeting a couple of large military instillations.

come on bud, dont make me do all your research for you.

THERE enough BS

Operation Downfall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Set to begin in October 1945, Operation Olympic was intended to capture the southern third of the southernmost main Japanese island, Kyūshū, with the recently captured island of Okinawa to be used as a staging area. Later, in spring 1946, Operation Coronet was the planned invasion of the Kantō Plain, near Tokyo, on the Japanese island of Honshū. Airbases on Kyūshū captured in Operation Olympic would allow land-based air support for Operation Coronet.
Japan's geography made this invasion plan obvious to the Japanese as well; they were able to predict the Allied invasion plans accurately and thus adjust their defensive plan, Operation Ketsugō, accordingly. The Japanese planned an all-out defense of Kyūshū, with little left in reserve for any subsequent defense operations. Casualty predictions varied widely but were extremely high for both sides: depending on the degree to which Japanese civilians resisted the invasion, estimates ran into the millions for Allied casualties[1] and several times that number for Japanese casualties.