• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Were any of you on here born psychic?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Were any of you on here born psychic?If you were how did it impact your life?:)
No, but a lengthy series of "premonitions" [in lack of a better word] that lasted for 2 & 1/2 years shocked me to the very core.

How about you?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

Yes, I was born with psychic mediumship, but I don't recall seeing or recognizing any human spirits before the age of six. I was six years old when I saw the spirit of an elderly man and recognized what I was seeing. It was during this encounter that I became cognizant that I could see and hear what I thought of as "invisible people" that no one else I knew could. How has psychic mediumship affected my life? Well, I've been talking about how it has impacted my life and sharing my personal experiences for the past year and a half on this forum. I've posted in my own threads, and I've posted in other threads as well.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I often have dreams that eerily match things that happen in the future. Example:

I had a dream I was on top of a building escaping some horrible disaster occuring in the building by trying to jump onto a helicopter. The next day at work I heard a news story on the radio about a person needing to be rescued from a burning building by helicopter the night before.

I am sceptical about it, though. I wonder if I just see patterns that aren't connected. Simultaneously, the experience can be weird and feel psychic.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
When I was born, I had a brain defect the cause epileptic fits when I had a high fever. Durning these fits I had several accurate future predictions, but I also had several vivid hallucinations. By 16 through medical treatment the defect had cleared, and I never have had either again. I don't know if you call that physic or not.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Couldn't tell you - no human has memories from that early in their development. Earliest memories for humans are at roughly 3 years old and we only really get lasting ones at around 6, so none of us really know what we were "born with" on a firsthand account basis.

With that caveat understood, some of the earliest memories I do have involve things that some would stuff in the "psychic" box. Many of them, come to think on it. I don't use the term "psychic" though - not how my tradition understands things. I developed a deep connection with the otherworlds from a very young age that persisted into adulthood in spite of strong cultural currents in opposition. In some ways, my experiences here are part of what led me to be countercultural in general for my entire life - what mainstream culture was teaching did not match my experiences so I defiantly called mainstream culture out on its BS and did my own thing. Didn't learn about other cultures and traditions that respected the sort of things I experienced as a kid until much, much later in life.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
When I was born, I had a brain defect the cause epileptic fits when I had a high fever. Durning these fits I had several accurate future predictions, but I also had several vivid hallucinations. By 16 through medical treatment the defect had cleared, and I never have had either again. I don't know if you call that physic or not.
Harriet Tubman has a brain injury when younger, and those around her firmly believed she had premonitions that were repeatedly confirmed.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I think it is a spectrum from not very sensitive to quite sensitive to the reality beyond the physical senses. To be alive we all must have interpenetrating astral bodies with astral senses.

Me personally? Not very sensitive. Shucks, although some say it can be more of a curse than a blessing for some.