• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Well, they found the voter fraud...

cladking

So is there anybody you might support? Or do you just dislike everybody on principle who would choose to run for such a high office?

Maybe you haven't noticed presidents have been peanut farmers, actors, spies, pathological liars, community organizers, and attention whores. Even the losers have been losers such as when Gore failed to steal the 2000 election and was hailed as a hero by the quisling press for seeking hanging chads. We've have been played for suckers since the country was acquired in a hostile takeover by the military industrial complex in 1959. They have so little respect for the American people they give us the choice between Hillary and Trump!!!

Trump didn't lose because more people voted for Biden. Trump lost because the election was engineered to promote Biden (the very individual who invented borking).

Trump only got elected because people were fed up with the status quo and everyone knew he would never go along with it. He got elected because nobody likes Congress who represents only the wealthy and the interests of the wealthy.

The status quo now has a choke hold on even election results. We will get what the rich and powerful want. God help us all.

I suppose the first step will be war with Russia to get longevity falling even faster. Then it will be on to lower populations. Fear not, no rich people will be harmed and will instead make lots of money.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I'm afraid one of Trump's lasting legacies will be how far he has gone towards normalizing the sort of behavior he's come to being known for.
Being the new norm - all's fair in love, war, and now, politics - as if it was so clean before. :D

ecco

Veteran Member
Maybe you haven't noticed presidents have been peanut farmers, actors, spies, pathological liars, community organizers, and attention whores. Even the losers have been losers such as when Gore failed to steal the 2000 election and was hailed as a hero by the quisling press for seeking hanging chads. We've have been played for suckers since the country was acquired in a hostile takeover by the military industrial complex in 1959. They have so little respect for the American people they give us the choice between Hillary and Trump!!!

Trump didn't lose because more people voted for Biden. Trump lost because the election was engineered to promote Biden (the very individual who invented borking).

Trump only got elected because people were fed up with the status quo and everyone knew he would never go along with it. He got elected because nobody likes Congress who represents only the wealthy and the interests of the wealthy.

The status quo now has a choke hold on even election results. We will get what the rich and powerful want. God help us all.

I suppose the first step will be war with Russia to get longevity falling even faster. Then it will be on to lower populations. Fear not, no rich people will be harmed and will instead make lots of money.

The major problem is people believing in all kinds of conspiracy theory nuttiness.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
What? It was a perfect call! Beautiful, did you hear it?
He'd get impeached again if he wasn't already leaving town soon.
It's occurred to me that, depending on how the Georgia runoff goes, there could be a couple of weeks before Biden's inauguration where the Democrats could push through an impeachment and conviction if they really wanted to.

... though I'm not sure if that gets the Democrats any advantage. I think the odds of a President Pence pardoning Trump are pretty high.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I see that this thread is still active too. First the TLDR:

Lindsey Graham previously called Raffensperger and asked him to cheat in the same way that Trump did. Graham later denied this. So this time, they were ready:

It started on Saturday when Trump and his team reached out to talk to Raffensperger, who, according to an adviser, felt he would be unethically pressured by the president. Raffensperger had been here before: In November he accused Trump ally and South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham of improperly exhorting him to meddle in the election to help Trump win Georgia. Graham later denied it.

So why not record the call with the president, Raffensperger’s advisers thought, if nothing else for fact-checking purposes. “This is a man who has a history of reinventing history as it occurs,” one of them told Playbook. “So if he’s going to try to dispute anything on the call, it’s nice to have something like this, hard evidence, to dispute whatever he’s claiming about the secretary. Lindsey Graham asked us to throw out legally cast ballots. So yeah, after that call, we decided maybe we should do this.”

POLITICO Playbook: The backstory of Trump’s Georgia call

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I see that this thread is still active too. First the TLDR:

Lindsey Graham previously called Raffensperger and asked him to cheat in the same way that Trump did. Graham later denied this. So this time, they were ready:

It started on Saturday when Trump and his team reached out to talk to Raffensperger, who, according to an adviser, felt he would be unethically pressured by the president. Raffensperger had been here before: In November he accused Trump ally and South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham of improperly exhorting him to meddle in the election to help Trump win Georgia. Graham later denied it.

So why not record the call with the president, Raffensperger’s advisers thought, if nothing else for fact-checking purposes. “This is a man who has a history of reinventing history as it occurs,” one of them told Playbook. “So if he’s going to try to dispute anything on the call, it’s nice to have something like this, hard evidence, to dispute whatever he’s claiming about the secretary. Lindsey Graham asked us to throw out legally cast ballots. So yeah, after that call, we decided maybe we should do this.”

POLITICO Playbook: The backstory of Trump’s Georgia call
Do you think these antics will continue until Jan 6th or the 20th, whichever one is important?
(Sorry not American, those are just the dates that seem to be cited the most.)
The news keeps reporting on rallies, for both sides. With a hint of fearmongering for good measure (fears of riots, whichever way it goes.)
Until 2020 I just brushed this all off as typical American over enthusiasm for politics. But I dunno, something seems changed to me. Like the Trump supporters seem more desperate and disillusioned with politics than the typical run of the mill Republican. Does that make sense?

Do you think these antics will continue until Jan 6th or the 20th, whichever one is important?
(Sorry not American, those are just the dates that seem to be cited the most.)
The news keeps reporting on rallies, for both sides. With a hint of fearmongering for good measure (fears of riots, whichever way it goes.)
Until 2020 I just brushed this all off as typical American over enthusiasm for politics. But I dunno, something seems changed to me. Like the Trump supporters seem more desperate and disillusioned with politics than the typical run of the mill Republican. Does that make sense?
As an American: yes, what you are saying 100% makes sense.

I’ve been saying it over, and over ... countless times ... do not underestimate the malevolence of Donald Trump. Do not underestimate the stupidity of half the American voting public.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I suspect these antics will continue far into next year.
And yes, I mean 2022.

In fact, I would be surprised if Trump doesn't beat this dead horse for the rest of his life.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
As an American: yes, what you are saying 100% makes sense.

I’ve been saying it over, and over ... countless times ... do not underestimate the malevolence of Donald Trump. Do not underestimate the stupidity of half the American voting public.
Fascinating.
There’s a book that’s caught my eye, Party of Lies I think it’s called. It’s supposed to chronicle how the Republican Party became the Trump party. The history is supposed to go right up to the 1960s and is written by an avowed Republican (although seemingly dismayed at the party currently.)
I suppose reading it will satisfy my curiosity. And I will be reading it once I can track it down (safely of course.)
But I just have to ask, what do you think caused the so called “Party of Trump” and why do you think “Trumpists” are so fanatically loyal to him?

cladking

People that don't fact check or research claims they hear. It's lazy thinking

True laziness is having to google every little fact.

it's also misleading since wiki is always wrong and you can find anything you look for with a search engine.

cladking

I went to school for years and studied hard just so I could tell a fact from a lie and now I can't operate anything because I can't read pictures and I have to listen to a quisling press that uses google instead of knowledge. I have to hear people tell me exactly what's what according to Siri.

There's a world full of internet geniuses who know nothing and can't think for themselves.

Fascinating.
There’s a book that’s caught my eye, Party of Lies I think it’s called. It’s supposed to chronicle how the Republican Party became the Trump party. The history is supposed to go right up to the 1960s and is written by an avowed Republican (although seemingly dismayed at the party currently.)
I suppose reading it will satisfy my curiosity. And I will be reading it once I can track it down (safely of course.)
But I just have to ask, what do you think caused the so called “Party of Trump” and why do you think “Trumpists” are so fanatically loyal to him?
That is the million dollar question.

I liken it, just a bit, to the rise of any cult or religion. How did a carpenter in Palestine create a religion of people who worship him for thousands of years? Compared to that, Trump is peanuts.

Still, how can it happen today? And in America?

In fairness, it doesn’t happen often. This is, after all, the same America that elected our first black President to two terms, and most recently gave Trump the boot.

Still, it boggles the mind. It is THE question.

It starts with an unlikely set of circumstances, and a very unique personality, that catapults someone to power. Most conservatives I know never wanted Trump, initially.

Once in power, once popular, there is a runaway effect where it becomes easier to perpetuate power and popularity. Most conservatives I know are bombarded with “alternate facts” and pseudo-intellectuals who re-interpret the babbling of the Chosen One.

Like an avalanche, a demagogue rises initially due to a set of peculiar conditions, and chance. And once going, it gains speed and becomes unstoppable through sheer momentum. Except in this case, the thing hurtling towards us is not a wall of rock or snow but a wall of stupidity itself.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
That is the million dollar question.

I liken it, just a bit, to the rise of any cult or religion. How did a carpenter in Palestine create a religion of people who worship him for thousands of years? Compared to that, Trump is peanuts.

Still, how can it happen today? And in America?

In fairness, it doesn’t happen often. This is, after all, the same America that elected our first black President to two terms, and most recently gave Trump the boot.

Still, it boggles the mind. It is THE question.

It starts with an unlikely set of circumstances, and a very unique personality, that catapults someone to power. Most conservatives I know never wanted Trump, initially.

Once in power, once popular, there is a runaway effect where it becomes easier to perpetuate power and popularity. Most conservatives I know are bombarded with “alternate facts” and pseudo-intellectuals who re-interpret the babbling of the Chosen One.

Like an avalanche, a demagogue rises initially due to a set of peculiar conditions, and chance. And once going, it gains speed and becomes unstoppable through sheer momentum. Except in this case, the thing hurtling towards us is not a wall of rock or snow but a wall of stupidity itself.
Something I’ve noticed about “Trumpers” is their genuine excitement at the prospect of authoritarian rule. But Republicans are infamous for wanting (or claiming to want) a smaller government.
I dunno, there’s something....odd about it. Americans who are known for their rebellious culture cheering for an authoritarian style of leadership. It just doesn’t add up. But perhaps the nuances are lost on me since I’m not a native.
I do also notice that Trumpers seem to feel like they’ve been heard for the first time in a while. Like the world has progressed too far for them. Whether or not that is accurate I hesitate to say. That’s just the impression I’ve gotten. And I am speaking of social media interaction, so I don’t think I can make any accurate observations based on that alone. That’s just where I’m at.

What do you think the Republican Party will do once Trump is out? Revert or try to find another cult of personality.