• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We Are Mystics

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Everyday we live, we get our ideas which are influenced by our surroundings. From what we know if from what we see and touch and experience, and we gain knowledge from what? LIVING

So wouldn't just simple living be a mystic experience?

Also, if we all get knowledge by experiences and understanding, why do we all have different opinions? Sometimes the opinions are complete opposites and contradict also?

That's why I believe every philosophy that exists is true, all of them. I agree with Satanism, and agree with Buddhism, and at the same time I agree with Epicureanism.

I see my God every day, it's sitting in the sky, and in a way I know it is smiling at me, not just me, but all of us, not just us, but every planet!

How can we all have different views of things if we all experience the same life, if we are having the same mystical experience? If you are going to say the ones that do not sum up to your ideas are liars, than that would be 98% of liars? Why trust anyone then?

It's weird...

It's a similar thing to as if the afterlife existed, though didn't exist at the same time.

How?

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend TSoA,

experience is mystical only when the mind is transcended and which is a state of mind in a stilled state when the mind is stilled and not in the thinking mode then it does not generate any vibrations and so there are no noises and then the experince one has are said to be *mystical*.

Love & rgds

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Friend TSoA,

experience is mystical only when the mind is transcended and which is a state of mind in a stilled state when the mind is stilled and not in the thinking mode then it does not generate any vibrations and so there are no noises and then the experince one has are said to be *mystical*.

Love & rgds

But even if life isn't a mystical experience, why do we all have different opinions on things when our opinions are based off the same thing, experiences, which we all have in common from, life.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend TSoA,

You missed the point!
Individual thoughts generate different vibrations and so the illusion created by the minds are different and so even if the same object is seen, it is seen through different perspectives or vibrations.

Love & rgds

gnomon

Everyday we live, we get our ideas which are influenced by our surroundings. From what we know if from what we see and touch and experience, and we gain knowledge from what? LIVING

So wouldn't just simple living be a mystic experience?

Also, if we all get knowledge by experiences and understanding, why do we all have different opinions? Sometimes the opinions are complete opposites and contradict also?

That's why I believe every philosophy that exists is true, all of them. I agree with Satanism, and agree with Buddhism, and at the same time I agree with Epicureanism.

I see my God every day, it's sitting in the sky, and in a way I know it is smiling at me, not just me, but all of us, not just us, but every planet!

How can we all have different views of things if we all experience the same life, if we are having the same mystical experience? If you are going to say the ones that do not sum up to your ideas are liars, than that would be 98% of liars? Why trust anyone then?

It's weird...

It's a similar thing to as if the afterlife existed, though didn't exist at the same time.

How?

Well, it's quite obvious not everyone is having the same mystical experiences then.

I would pinpoint the problem with the value of the term mystic.

Moving into an empirical realm we know that people do not experience reality in the same way. Thus the invention of sign language, for example.

TalAbrams

No philosophy necessary. Take a short cut.
Self is the worst word in any language with regards to religion.
To learn to control self is to become more human and more able to comprehend God's message to us.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I would pinpoint the problem with the value of the term mystic.
I must concur, for those of us who are bona fide mystics, 'tis a bit irksome to have the term bandied about in yet another example of North American banality. That said though I do feel that everyone has a bit of a mystic in them even if most do not choose to amplify that part of their being.

That said, I would also not that philosophy is hardly the be all and end all of creative thought. Some of it is quite wonderful, but a lot of it is like chickweed in a fine garden.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
No philosophy necessary. Take a short cut.
Self is the worst word in any language with regards to religion.
To learn to control self is to become more human and more able to comprehend God's message to us.
I tend to object to berating the concept of "self". I would be more inclined to call it egotism rather blaming a nebulous "self". If you are meaning egotism itself, then our thinking is more or less aligned. The idea being that with less egotism in play the natural self can shine through. Is that what you are meaning?