• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We are decedents of space traveler’s; not monkeys

Milton Platt

Humans did not evolve from monkeys. Humans have been humans since making our first step on this planet.

Earth was formed 4.543 billion years ago

The earth was covered entirely in ice 2.6 million years ago (climate change debate is over)

Homo sapiens first walked on this planet 200,000 years ago. So humans have been around for a mere 0.004% of the Earth's history.

It was not evolution that transformed us into what we are today, it was the seed of life that visitors “planted” on this planet.

Just as we will do on another life supporting planet in our near future.

We are aliens on our own planet

The question remaining is when will they say hello?​

The oldest Homo Sapiens fossil dates to 300,000 years, but we don't know what the "earliest homo sapiens" would be because evolution is generally gradual, so there would be no exact "first".

To establish that we are a transplant of an alien race requires that you provide proper evidence for the existence of an alien race capable of visiting earth, then provide evidence both that they could and did establish homo sapiens on the earth. When you accomplish that you can then come around to why they would use the genetics already established on the planet to make another animal that mimics one already present.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
The oldest Homo Sapiens fossil dates to 300,000 years, but we don't know what the "earliest homo sapiens" would be because evolution is generally gradual, so there would be no exact "first".

To establish that we are a transplant of an alien race requires that you provide proper evidence for the existence of an alien race capable of visiting earth, then provide evidence both that they could and did establish homo sapiens on the earth. When you accomplish that you can then come around to why they would use the genetics already established on the planet to make another animal that mimics one already present.
why use the genetics......?

to be suitable to living on this planet
(see The Day the Earth Stood Still......the remake)

Socratic Berean

Occasional thinker, perpetual seeker
"It could be that at some earlier time, somewhere in the Universe, a civilization evolved by, probably, some kind of Darwinian means, to a very, very high level of technology, and designed a form of life that they seeded onto, perhaps, this planet. Now that is a possibility, and an intriguing possibility. And I suppose it’s possible that you might find evidence for that, if you look at the details of our chemistry, molecular biology, you might find a signature of some kind of designer. And that designer could well be a higher intelligence from elsewhere in the Universe."

Evolutionary Biologist Richard Dawkins
(Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed, Stein and Miller, 2008)

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Fair enough!
Mostly everybody rubbished Erik von Daniken as a nutcase, but the more we learn about planets which could sustain life, so the more we realise that God may well have been an astronaut with some very clever DNS manipulation skills.

Already such theories are looking possible when compated with that Tomb in Jerusalem left for 36 whole hours.

:)

I never heard of aliens having DNS manipulation skills. Which name-server are they using?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I never heard of aliens having DNS manipulation skills. Which name-server are they using?

Ah..... yes...... I meant DNA, of course. :p
Well, the way that knowledge about planets in other nearby systems is flowing in, and the fact that we developed in about 500,000 years.... compared with the age of the Universe.... the chance of there being aliens around who can space travel etc is becoming more reasonable than the idea of a resurrection from a tomb within about 36 hours of it being left.

Erik von Daniken gains more attention by the week, I would say... :p

DavidFirth

"It could be that at some earlier time, somewhere in the Universe, a civilization evolved by, probably, some kind of Darwinian means, to a very, very high level of technology, and designed a form of life that they seeded onto, perhaps, this planet. Now that is a possibility, and an intriguing possibility. And I suppose it’s possible that you might find evidence for that, if you look at the details of our chemistry, molecular biology, you might find a signature of some kind of designer. And that designer could well be a higher intelligence from elsewhere in the Universe."

Evolutionary Biologist Richard Dawkins
(Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed, Stein and Miller, 2008)

Of course that higher intelligence could be God but Mr. Dawkins wouldn't ever have admitted that. ;)

gnostic

The Lost One
The earth was covered entirely in ice 2.6 million years ago (climate change debate is over)
This last Ice Ages you are referring to, didn't cover the whole earth.

Only certain regions were covered by ice sheets, in northern Asia, northern Europe, and northern North America. Other regions weren't.

For instance, in South America, the only parts that were covered in ice sheets were the high attitude of the Andes, while the lowlands surrounding this mountain range, were largely uncovered.

Likewise, the Swiss Alps was a pocket for the ice sheets, but the surrounding areas, while it was cold, there were no evidences of ice sheets.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Humans did not evolve from monkeys. Humans have been humans since making our first step on this planet.

Earth was formed 4.543 billion years ago

Homo sapiens first walked on this planet 200,000 years ago. So humans have been around for a mere 0.004% of the Earth's history.

It was not evolution that transformed us into what we are today, it was the seed of life that visitors “planted” on this planet.

Just as we will do on another life supporting planet in our near future.

We are aliens on our own planet

The question remaining is when will they say hello?​

Not monkeys but ape like creatures.

Whenever i see the the term descended/evolved from monkeys i think uh, uhh. Whack job warning

james dixon

Premium Member
images

The day before yesterday was a different place