• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We are all gonna die!

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
Merrily.
Merrily.
Merrily.
Merrily.
Life is but a dream.

Correct...

Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children - like the example of a rain whose [resulting] plant growth pleases the tillers; then it dries and you see it turned yellow; then it becomes [scattered] debris. And in the Hereafter is severe punishment and forgiveness from Allah and approval. And what is the worldly life except the enjoyment of delusion. Qur'an 57:20

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I'd rather be alive than dead. There's things I want to do, places I want to go and people I want to meet. You need to talk to your doctors and therapist about your wanting to die. It's not healthy.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Have you been the latter? It's hard to have in informed opinion on preference if one has experienced one choice and not the other.

I'm not promoting death, just stamping out errors in reasoning.
No, none of us have unless you count clinical death.

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Look on the bright side. Saturday, Sept.23, 2017 was predicted to be the end of the world. Guess what? It didn't happen.
happycow.gif~c200

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Correct...

Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children - like the example of a rain whose [resulting] plant growth pleases the tillers; then it dries and you see it turned yellow; then it becomes [scattered] debris. And in the Hereafter is severe punishment and forgiveness from Allah and approval. And what is the worldly life except the enjoyment of delusion. Qur'an 57:20
Islam is so full of happy thoughts. I can't help but wonder what form of dementia gives rise to these kinds of sentiments. That some among us take such sentiments seriously is equally troubling.

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
Islam is so full of happy thoughts. I can't help but wonder what form of dementia gives rise to these kinds of sentiments. That some among us take such sentiments seriously is equally troubling.

When the British invaded India, they came face to face with the full horrors of what Hinduism/Buddhism taught. They found people starving and being ignored, the old and disabled left to fend for themselves. When asked what was going on, the Hindu wise men/gurus explained, this life is nothing but a trial, and all these people are being punished for being bad people in previous lives, but not to worry as reincarnation will mean they'll be reborn into better social and economic positions.

In the Bhagavad-Gita we are told: “The self embodied in the body of every being is indestructible”.20 and “Weapons do not cut it, fire does not burn it, waters do not wet it, wind does not wither it. It cannot be cut or burned; it cannot be wet or withered; it is enduring, all-pervasive, fixed, immovable, and timeless”.

As the Self is not affected, there need be no concern over temporary suffering. Patients may gain comfort by viewing the pain as only a temporary condition and one that does not affect their inner Self. <<<<Happy thoughts right.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
When the British invaded India, they came face to face with the full horrors of what Hinduism/Buddhism taught. They found people starving and being ignored, the old and disabled left to fend for themselves. When asked what was going on, the Hindu wise men/gurus explained, this life is nothing but a trial, and all these people are being punished for being bad people in previous lives, but not to worry as reincarnation will mean they'll be reborn into better social and economic positions.

In the Bhagavad-Gita we are told: “The self embodied in the body of every being is indestructible”.20 and “Weapons do not cut it, fire does not burn it, waters do not wet it, wind does not wither it. It cannot be cut or burned; it cannot be wet or withered; it is enduring, all-pervasive, fixed, immovable, and timeless”.

As the Self is not affected, there need be no concern over temporary suffering. Patients may gain comfort by viewing the pain as only a temporary condition and one that does not affect their inner Self. <<<<Happy thoughts right.
Showing how good we are by pointing out how bad others are is not especially intelligent.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Today I been thinking about death alot. Sometimes death is scary but most of the time I can't wait to be liberated from this annoying needy body.

Death is only scary in the sense that I've been indoctrinated into believing in Hell and the fear of going there.

Other than that, what is there to really be afraid of? I see death as part of the journey towards perfection and enlightenment. It sounds liberating to to leave this body behind.

Anyway, I'm ready to go home... this world is not my place. What does it really have to offer? I've experienced some good things, but it usually just feels empty even when things are going well.

The only time I am truly happy is when experiencing some grace from the supernatural. It's hard to find balance and do something other than pray, when grace from above is the only thing that makes me happy. I've had connections and relationships with living people. It always leaves me feeling empty.

It just seems death would more closely unite me to the heavenly beings I'm trying to connect with.

My hope is that after death I can serve the living world as a spirit guide.

Anyway, we all die. I can't wait. What are your thoughts about death?
I think of dying ....all the time
been doing it as far back as I can remember

I have learned to live with it
hehehee

and if that vision I had .....when I was soooooooo much younger
is mine to have.......

all is well

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
Showing how good we are by pointing out how bad others are is not especially intelligent.
I was merely pointing out your own beliefs are not too distant from the criticism you level at Islam. Only the Islamic position makes more sense..

Islam: This life is a allusion, a testing ground for the real life to come after death, which is not on Earth. Truth for unbelievers becomes transparent after death.

Hinduism/Buddhism: This life is Karma and one is reborn endlessly until you obtain divine like consciousness. Truth is confirmed by those reborn.

There should be Millions of testimonies to support your position, yet we find scant evidence.
We have non Muslims who have died and were subsequently resurrected, stating seeing Angels and being in the 'presence' of GOD in a Court room style environment awaiting Judgement.