• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We are all gonna die!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Today I been thinking about death alot. Sometimes death is scary but most of the time I can't wait to be liberated from this annoying needy body.

Death is only scary in the sense that I've been indoctrinated into believing in Hell and the fear of going there.

Other than that, what is there to really be afraid of? I see death as part of the journey towards perfection and enlightenment. It sounds liberating to to leave this body behind.

Anyway, I'm ready to go home... this world is not my place. What does it really have to offer? I've experienced some good things, but it usually just feels empty even when things are going well.

The only time I am truly happy is when experiencing some grace from the supernatural. It's hard to find balance and do something other than pray, when grace from above is the only thing that makes me happy. I've had connections and relationships with living people. It always leaves me feeling empty.

It just seems death would more closely unite me to the heavenly beings I'm trying to connect with.

My hope is that after death I can serve the living world as a spirit guide.

Anyway, we all die. I can't wait. What are your thoughts about death?

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Today I been thinking about death alot. Sometimes death is scary but most of the time I can't wait to be liberated from this annoying needy body.

Death is only scary in the sense that I've been indoctrinated into believing in Hell and the fear of going there.

Other than that, what is there to really be afraid of? I see death as part of the journey towards perfection and enlightenment. It sounds liberating to to leave this body behind.

Anyway, I'm ready to go home... this world is not my place. What does it really have to offer? I've experienced some good things, but it usually just feels empty even when things are going well.

The only time I am truly happy is when experiencing some grace from the supernatural. It's hard to find balance and do something other than pray, when grace from above is the only thing that makes me happy. I've had connections and relationships with living people. It always leaves me feeling empty.

It just seems death would more closely unite me to the heavenly beings I'm trying to connect with.

You only want to die because of your bout with depression which is something you really need to mitigate with medication and behavioral therapy. It is unfortunate that beyond your own pain you cannot see the beauty of life. I don't know about you but I want to maximize the God given potential God has given me. I want a family, I want to see my first child/children being born. Death or seeing love ones die causes pain and although you may not care those left behind will. Death is sad to me. I had to see my mother die which was 17 years ago and I remember her passing like it happened yesterday. I had to see my dad's dead body lifeless in his house after he lost his battle with cancer. I would hate for my kids to see me go like that. The only thing positive about death is looking forward to the hereafter to actually talk with God about the things that I dealt with in life but before that time comes I'm not looking forward to it.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
What are your thoughts about death?

While I'm not in quite as much of a hurry to awaken from the dream, I have no qualms about doing so. My only regret will be for those left behind to continue dreaming their dream.

After I awaken from the dream, perhaps I'll remain awake. Or perhaps, I'll begin another dream...

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
We cannot escape our past even in death. To physically die is to begin again and to make the same decisions again, only without remembering what we have already done. It is like our lives are DVD's I think. We just are who we are. I think if it is possible to think about our lives outside of time, death is not a cessation but more of a marker that marks the length and breadth of our awareness.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

My thoughts are I'm not in any hurry to die any more than I would want to continue living on.

The playground is okay for the moment, so a little while longer on the swings and slides is fine by me until the teacher announces that recess is over.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Do not hurry, or you will get there before you want to . . .

The Human Soul
Life and Death
The life of the individual begins at conception, when the soul associates itself with the embryo. When death occurs, the body returns to the world of dust, while the soul continues to progress in the spiritual worlds of God.

To consider that after the death of the body the spirit perishes,‘Abdu’l-Bahá has said “is like imagining that a bird in a cage will be destroyed if the cage is broken, though the bird has nothing to fear from the destruction of the cage. Our body is like the cage, and the spirit is like the bird…if the cage becomes broken, the bird will continue and exist. Its feelings will be even more powerful, its perceptions greater, and its happiness increased…1

After its association with the body draws to a close, the soul will continue to progress in an eternal journey towards perfection. Bahá’u’lláh wrote, “It will manifest the signs of God and His attributes, and will reveal His loving kindness and bounty.2

An illumined soul continues to have an influence on progress in this world and the advancement of its peoples. It acts as “the leaven that leaveneth the world of being, and furnisheth the power through which the arts and wonders of the world are made manifest.3

Regolith Based Lifeforms

Early Earth Was Not Sterile
Today I only lost 1/350,000,000th of what my beautiful folks from Northern Spain lost when they emigrated to America, so I'm not feeling suicidal anymore. They still have something way worth living for too, but most of them don't know what it is or that they even have it. The information and evidence i've collected on it and them strongly suggests the presence of people who do not share our physical composition, but who definitely appear to share our concerns. My information all came from closely timed, highly coherent and consistent coincidences, research and my own observations, tests and experiments to determine if i was indeed observing a real phenomenon. It has always tested with a robust and reliable signal, so i nicknamed it the coincidence phenomenon. You cannot measure and test something that truly does not exist and get a positive result, let alone many instances of positive results with an overall consistency in its behavior across all observations and test results. It's a real thing or a very bad case of confirmation bias. I didn't WANT to believe it, I didn't even want it to turn out to be real, but the more constraints i placed on experiments and tests, the more persistent the phenomenon became, still exhibiting is now familiar behavior.
I don't believe anything i can't use the scientific method on and get a physical result, so talking dead folks may very well be as real as you and me. My physical evidences of these contacts are strangely interrelated by colors, size measurements and particular materials such as unusual pieces of rare colored glass, mineral specimens or particular species of flowers,matching geometry between unrelated materials as well as being very time coordinated with particular subjects of information being discussed or researched at the time.
The coincidences themselves occur in the very same way, all interrelated with each other and all conveying a single unique body of information, all from folks in Northern Spain and some of their descendants here in the US.
I now seem to deeply share their concerns for us and i'm even concerned for them because we're messin up soo bad!
I'm afraid we're gonna mess up their environment because our two worlds are apparently connected in some way.

Stupid Donald Trump, (Not a president)
Stupid Fat little Korean Blob with ugly teeth, (Not even human)
Stupid nukes and missiles,
STUPID uneducated apathetic humans all over the world in positions of great power and influence,
Just lay there, produce NOTHING and suck it all up, angrily, desperately wanting more
with nothing to offer their owned human livestock but usury, derision and violence.

My folks and i are not tolerating this well at all as we know all of us stand the chance of losing an entire planet's biosphere.
Norther Spain and the Pyrenees are so beautiful I can't believe the place even exists, but for my pictures of it. and the VERY real people who trace their ancestry back to there.

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

To simplify The Buddha's teachings: We are born. We live. We age. We die. To understand this is liberation. Once understood one dies. Literally.

I find it hard to fear death now because that's like fearing what its like before I was born. Rather, my fear is how I will die and how people-loved ones, friends, and people will be affected by my passing. If they wish to keep me alive in their memory, I'm all for it. As long as I die with a smile like my grandmothers, it's all good.

It's natural to be afraid. I agree that and experienced that death has a different and more profound emotion to someone who is depressed than someone who is not. If thats your circumstance, Id talk to someone you trust about it as well.

Last edited:
What I know, is that we have this life. Right now, right here. If you're reading this, there is the proof. That being said, I don't "know" what comes after. I believe that living a life that is as positive as possible and trying to do your best by all around you, and your environment is all we can do. If there is an afterlife, then living this way can't hurt your chances there. If there is not, then there is still no need to worry or fear in relation to the "self", for it would be like flicking off the light switch, you would not be around to notice either way. At any rate, I agree with what has been previously posted in the thread, that even if we don't care, our loved ones and friends do, and they will suffer with our passing. Please consider them before making any decisions with irreversible consequences.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
DEATH! hit the big red panic button.

ceasing to exist isn't fearsome, its sad.

nothing I can do about it.

let us know when you find those Supremely Innocent angels, that would make life a blast. I'd never get tired of that if that were true.

at 46 years of age I've grown tired of the whole shabang down here myself.

the death of others stings. my own death I find will be liberating, but I would never quit on life here.

I keep searching for that needle in a haystack, called eternal life because life is so good, the way it should all be. my search drives me to extremes of searching.

it's frustrating actually!

Grandliseur

Perhaps reading my poem on that subject might give you an idea about what I believe death is:
link >To remove the veils<

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
While I'm not in quite as much of a hurry to awaken from the dream, I have no qualms about doing so. My only regret will be for those left behind to continue dreaming their dream.

After I awaken from the dream, perhaps I'll remain awake. Or perhaps, I'll begin another dream...

Merrily.
Merrily.
Merrily.
Merrily.
Life is but a dream.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Death....
On occasion, I make plans for how some things will go after I croak.
The rest of the time, I don't give it much thought.

SabahTheLoner

Master of the Art of Couch Potato Cuddles
5 minutes left of today. If we're dying it better be quick. Nuclear explosions would be fitting.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
That's my favorite spiritual lesson in the form of a child's round.

Some kids songs are wonderful!

When I am using the library computer they often have sing-a-longs ... makes it hard to focus on the web :)

Row, row, row your boat
Gently down the stream
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily
Life is but a dream

Row, row, row your boat
Gently up the creek If you see a little mouse
Don't forget to squeak!

Row, row, row your boat
Gently down the stream If you see a crocodile
Don't forget to scream!

Row, row, row your boat
Gently to the shore
If you see a lion
Don’t forget to roar!

Words for Life - Row, Row, Row Your Boat

:)

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
My father-in-law was with us for the last few weeks of his life. He felt intense fear of dying along the way but his last words were "I'm ready now". His passage was a lesson for me.

A friend in her 80's had been volunteering to be with children in the hospital for quite some time easing them with the music she loved deeply. One day they told her she could not do that any longer. She decided she had fulfilled the purpose of her left and decided to die (without drugs - just by force of will). She died soon after that. I wrote this to express my experience of being with her in the weeks, days and then hours before she died:

Prologue

Looking homeward.
Longing.
Praying.
Enough.
Enough.
Time to go.

Transition

Whispers of angelic wings.
A veil thinning, thinning, thinning.
Joyous divine music.
Light filled room.