• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We and humanity

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Well, all humans are a member of humanity, but from there doesn't follow that you and I are a case of we otherwise for all usages of we.
I mean for morality if you and I have a different understanding of that we are not the same as we have the same understanding of morality.
In fact for a similar case of how to act, we don't necessary act the same, thus we are not a case of we act in the same manner.
That is basic sociology and part of how we are different for different sub-cultures within humanity.

So you and I are in the group of we, unless I am one of them. It is that simple.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Well, all humans are a member of humanity, but from there doesn't follow that you and I are a case of we otherwise for all usages of we.
I mean for morality if you and I have a different understanding of that we are not the same as we have the same understanding of morality.
In fact for a similar case of how to act, we don't necessary act the same, thus we are not a case of we act in the same manner.
That is basic sociology and part of how we are different for different sub-cultures within humanity.

So you and I are in the group of we, unless I am one of them. It is that simple.
Whatever you say. Or we say.

Ciao

- viole

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Whatever you say. Or we say.

Ciao

- viole
Yeah, you are one of the special ones. You are one of the few, who are totally rational. But don't worry that you are a minority, we will still take care of you. ;)
So you are one of them and I am a part of we as the majority. That is all that matters. ;)

PureX

Veteran Member
We are all very much alike, and yet we are all also very unique. It's a difference created by contextual perspective.

It's not always easy to do, but I think we can be cognizant of both perspectives simultaneously.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
We are all very much alike, and yet we are all also very unique. It's a difference created by contextual perspective.

It's not always easy to do, but I think we can be cognizant of both perspectives simultaneously.

Well, I try, but yes, it is not easy.

JDMS

Academic Workhorse

I know we are, but what am I?

kadzbiz

The joke is that if you watch out for that we, both "sides" use it as a social we, but seems to take for granted that it is universal for humanity as such.
I don't think it's much of a joke, but then again, my sense of humor has waned over the years.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member

I always thought it was a case of simply battering them with 'our' superior intellect, and if this fails, simply battering them. :D