• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WBC to picket 9-Year-Old Arizona Shooting Victim's funeral

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
WBC makes me sick to my stomach. I didn't read the article, I just ate lunch and I think I would throw it up if I did.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Organised hate bearing a cross. Sound all to familiar?
As far as I'm concerned, they are no better off mentally than the shooter as an organised group of religiously bigoted bullies.

Sometime though whether with this or in the future, they will have to accept the potentially violent karma meted to them as a result of their actions if they unmindfully go through with their continuous plans to bully and harass those who just want to be left alone in peace. That's one sure fire way how people eventually get hurt, and hurt hideously bad.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I think it is time for Christians to organize and remove this boil from it's nethermost regions.

I'm a bit surprised other Baptists don't take objection based on the denominational name used by Westboro. Suppose this is similar to Muslims and their extreme counterparts who consider themselves a specific sect.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
You know... this is very uncharitable of me...

but if someone lost it at a funeral they picket, like this one, and killed one/all of their members, I would call for jury nullification.

I know I would be very tempted to do it if I had a daughter tragically taken and they decided to come there...

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon

but if someone lost it at a funeral they picket, like this one, and killed one/all of their members, I would call for jury nullification.

I know I would be very tempted to do it if I had a daughter tragically taken and they decided to come there...
I'd be right there with you, charitable or not.

The_Evelyonian

Old-School Member

I'd be right there with you, charitable or not.

I would as well. They forfeited any right to charity a long time ago.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
This just goes to prove there are terrorists in ever sect of religion.

That is quite an immature statement that is simply lashing at religion.
a more accurate statement would be that there are moronic people in all areas on society, religious and non-religious. But both yours and my statement are nothing to do with this topic.

Mercy Not Sacrifice

If there were ever an argument against free speech without bounds, this is it. These people are animals.

Folks this, and the horrible incident that started this, are nothing short of attacks on our freedom. Are we going to have to pass a constitutional amendment to guarantee the right to mourn at our funerals? What are we coming to as a society? :(