• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Watchtower Governing Body: Are They The Exclusive Channel For God??

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
But Jesus said they would be His witnesses. If you witness for someone does that mean you are worshiping them?
Witnesses of what?

The apostles were to witness the fact that Jesus had been raised from the dead.
Acts 4:1 Now while the [two]* were speaking to the people, the chief priests and the captain of the temple+ and the Sadducees+ came upon them, 2 being annoyed because they were teaching the people and were plainly declaring the resurrection from the dead in the case of Jesus;

That is the witness they were giving about Jesus.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Pegg, I want to say that I admire you and have the utmost respect for you! You are defending what you believe and you are doing it humbly.

Thankyou djh... I sincerely hope that I will be able to change your view of our organisation because if you saw it the way I see it, you would without doubt support it as i do.
I respect that you have doubts and views contrary to mine based on what you've heard or read or witnessed, but something we are always reminded of is that our organisation is not perfect and its not full of perfect people....sometimes people have bad experiences and these can sometimes stumble them away from the organisation as was the case with some on this forum....as may have been the case with yourself (??)

But in the end, we are here for Jehovah and his Son and as individuals we defend that allegiance as best we can. We are not following men, not the governing body, not the elders...we are following Jesus and Jehovah and we respect those who are taking the lead over us....the origanisation is just the tool they use to keep us organised for preaching. One day it may be put out of action, who knows?? But what we will always have is our brotherhood and our God Jehovah and his Son Christ Jesus.

Last edited:

djhwoodwerks

We have at times made mistakes in interpreting the fulfilment of prophesy, but most of these have been timing errors.

Act 1:6-7 (ESVST) 6 So when they had come together, they asked him, " Lord, will you at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?" 7 He said to them, "It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by his own authority.

Even Jesus' apostles got the timing wrong as he was returning to heaven. (Acts 1:6) They actually still thought that the kingdom would be established right there and then in that period of time. They thought that his resurrection was going to see the kingdom rule begin in the first century....and this is after three and a half years as constant companions of God's own son.

Yes, they were unsure of things. But, please provide 1 verse that says they taught what they didn't understand worldwide as "TRUTH".

Jesus said n John 16:12-13......“I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come." (ESV)
(My emphasis)

Absolutely! With the "Spirit guiding into all the truth", is it possible for the person/s being guided to teach the truth in error?

And as the "slave" was appointed to "feed" the entire household their "food at the proper time"....we continue to have what we need (not necessarily what we want) when we need to know it. Clarification is something we expect as the last days progress.

Please give 1 verse that proves Jesus "appointed" the slave.

You continue to have what you need? You "NEED" error? God figured you "needed" to believe false teachings and prophecies for 90 years?

Is there a reason why you are dodging my questions?

Forgive me, I looked for your questions with no luck. What did you ask? Thank you for your patience with me!

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
So we both agree that the Apostles taught/preached what Jesus taught them to teach/preach, correct? And you claim Jesus told them to teach/preach the "Good News of the Kingdom", correct?

This is what I believe the "Good News" to be:

Acts 5:41-42 (ESVST) 41 Then they left the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer dishonor for the name. 42 And every day, in the temple and from house to house, they did not cease teaching and preaching that the Christ is Jesus.

Acts 10:34-43 I won't take up space with these verses, you can read them in your Bible.

Act 11:19-21 (ESVST) 20 But there were some of them, men of Cyprus and Cyrene, who on coming to Antioch spoke to the Hellenists also, preaching the Lord Jesus. 21 And the hand of the Lord was with them, and a great number who believed turned to the Lord.

Romans 1:16-17 (ESVST) 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, "The righteous shall live by faith." (What is the power of God for salvation?)

Romans 15:19-21 (ESVST) — so that from Jerusalem and all the way around to Illyricum I have fulfilled the ministry of the gospel of Christ; 20 and thus I make it my ambition to preach the gospel, not where Christ has already been named, lest I build on someone else's foundation, 21 but as it is written, " Those who have never been told of him will see, and those who have never heard will understand." (If the gospel is about the paradise earth or using God’s personal name, why would it matter who preached where?)

1Co 1:17 (ESVST) 17 For Christ did not send me to baptize but to preach the gospel, and not with words of eloquent wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

1Co 1:21-24 (ESVST) 22 For Jews demand signs and Greeks seek wisdom, 32 but we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and folly to Gentiles, 24 but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

1Co 2:1-2 (ESVST) 1 And I, when I came to you, brothers, did not come proclaiming to you the testimony of God with lofty speech or wisdom. 2 For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.

1Co 15:3-5 (ESVST) 3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve.

2Co 4:2-4 (ESVST) 3 and even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 4 In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Eph 3:5-7 (ESVST) 6 This mystery is that the Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel.7 Of this gospel I was made a minister according to the gift of God 's grace, which was given me by the working of his power.

Philippians 1:15-18 (ESVST) 15 Some indeed preach Christ from envy and rivalry, but others from good will. 16 The latter do it out of love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. 17 The former proclaim Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely but thinking to afflict me in my imprisonment. 18 What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is proclaimed, and in that I rejoice.

Col 1:21-23 (ESVST) 21 And you, who once were alienated and hostile in mind, doing evil deeds, 22 he has now reconciled in his body of flesh by his death, in order to present you holy and blameless and above reproach before him, 23 if indeed you continue in the faith, stable and steadfast, not shifting from the hope of the gospel that you heard, which has been proclaimed in all creation under heaven, and of which I, Paul, became a minister.

2Ti 1:8-12 (ESVST) 8 Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord, nor of me his prisoner, but share in suffering for the gospel by the power of God, 9 who saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works but because of his own purpose and grace, which he gave us in Christ Jesus before the ages began, 10 and which now has been manifested through the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel, 11 for which I was appointed a preacher and apostle and teacher, 12 which is why I suffer as I do.

2Ti 2:8-10 (ESVST) 8 Remember Jesus Christ, risen from the dead, the offspring of David, as preached in my gospel, 9 for which I am suffering, bound with chains as a criminal. But the word of God is not bound! 10 Therefore I endure everything for the sake of the elect that they also may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

These verses are my take on what the "GOOD NEWS" of the Kingdom is, because it is what the disciple taught and preached.

Thank you for those verses....but the one thing missing from all of them is the kingdom. The gospel (good news) is about Christ and his role as king of God's kingdom......but what is the kingdom itself? Do you see anything in those verses that define the kingdom?

When Jesus taught us to pray for God's kingdom to "come"...what did he mean? How is the 'coming' of God's kingdom a way for God's "will to be done on earth as it is in heaven"?

This is what I asked. :) What do you think?

djhwoodwerks

Thank you djh... I sincerely hope that I will be able to change your view of our organisation because if you saw it the way I see it, you would without doubt support it as i do.I respect that you have doubts and views contrary to mine based on what you've heard or read or witnessed, but something we are always reminded of is that our organisation is not perfect and its not full of perfect people....sometimes people have bad experiences and these can sometimes stumble them away from the organisation as was the case with some on this forum....as may have been the case with yourself (??)

I have never been a JW. I am studying with a gentleman these days. It's a little disheartening though, he really has no hope for salvation. What I mean is, he talks about the different classes of people, he says he's the "great crowd" and hopes to live on paradise earth. I have asked him a couple of times where he thought he'd be if he died that night. All he could say was, I hope it's on earth, but it's up to Jesus. It hurts my heart, for someone to be part of a Christian org. and have no hope. I believe that if you have faith in Jesus and obey Him, you should have hope.

djhwoodwerks

Thank you for those verses....but the one thing missing from all of them is the kingdom. The gospel (good news) is about Christ and his role as king of God's kingdom......but what is the kingdom itself? Do you see anything in those verses that define the kingdom?

That's exactly my point. Jesus taught His disciples what to preach about the Kingdom, correct? Those verses are what they preached. Search the Epistles for one verse where the disciples preached anything other than Jesus and Him crucified.

Jesus said,

Mat 12:27-28 (ESVST) . 28 But if it is by the Spirit of God that I cast out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
Act 1:6-7 (ESVST) 6 So when they had come together, they asked him, " Lord, will you at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?" 7 He said to them, "It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by his own authority.

Yes, they were unsure of things. But, please provide 1 verse that says they taught what they didn't understand worldwide as "TRUTH".

They have never taught us anything untrue. When interpreting scripture they have never claimed any direct message from God or Jesus. But like the apostles and older men in Jerusalem, they consulted together and prayed about what to write to the congregations. Clarifications are what we expect. But the main body of truth has remained the same. Our understanding has increased over time. Details have been clarified is all...nothing earth shattering.

When the original Bible Students left off all connection with Christendom, it was because they began a slow and painstaking examination of the scriptures and realised that the church system was the "weeds" of Jesus ' parable.
Gradually they eliminated all the pagan adoptions that Christendom still accepts to this day.

JW's do not worship a triune God...we have no belief in an immortal soul that survives death....and we do not subscribe to Christendom's definition of hell. We reject the cross as a religious symbol because of its origins. These foundations have not altered since we learned from the Bible that none of them were true.

Absolutely! With the "Spirit guiding into all the truth", is it possible for the person/s being guided to teach the truth in error?

What error are you talking about? When we have details clarified it is not error but lack of understanding of those detail.
I have been a Witness for over 40 years and I have not seen deliberate errors taught. Everything taught to me over all these years have only increased my understanding. Have you been frequenting ex-JW sites for your ammo?
I guess if Jesus had lived in the age of the Internet, he too would have had many apostate accusations to deal with.

I prefer to ignore them. Their negativity is boring. All they can do is tear down...they have nothing upbuilding to say and none of them are out doing as Jesus instructed them to do. Talk is cheap.

Please give 1 verse that proves Jesus "appointed" the slave.

Jesus gives us the timeframe in the context of this scripture.....

"36 “Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father. 37 For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 38 For as they were in those days before the Flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, 39 and they took no note until the Flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 40 Then two men will be in the field; one will be taken along and the other abandoned. 41 Two women will be grinding at the hand mill; one will be taken along and the other abandoned. 42 Keep on the watch, therefore, because you do not know on what day your Lord is coming. 43 “But know one thing: If the householder had known in what watch the thief was coming, he would have kept awake and not allowed his house to be broken into. 44 On this account, you too prove yourselves ready, because the Son of man is coming at an hour that you do not think to be it. 45 “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Happy is that slave if his master on coming finds him doing so! 47 Truly I say to you, he will appoint him over all his belongings."

This is referring to the time of the end when the master, identified as "the son of man" (Jesus Christ) who has been away for a long time, returns and appoints a faithful slave to feed the domestics (fellow slaves) their food at the proper time.

You continue to have what you need? You "NEED" error? God figured you "needed" to believe false teachings and prophecies for 90 years?

There were no false teachings or prophesies...so I fail to understand what you see as all this error?

Forgive me, I looked for your questions with no luck. What did you ask? Thank you for your patience with me!

I also asked who were your spiritual leaders? According to Heb 13:7, 17, we are to obey them and follow their direction as those who will render an account for our spiritual well being. Who is keeping watch over your soul?

Last edited:

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
I have never been a JW. I am studying with a gentleman these days. It's a little disheartening though, he really has no hope for salvation. What I mean is, he talks about the different classes of people, he says he's the "great crowd" and hopes to live on paradise earth. I have asked him a couple of times where he thought he'd be if he died that night. All he could say was, I hope it's on earth, but it's up to Jesus. It hurts my heart, for someone to be part of a Christian org. and have no hope. I believe that if you have faith in Jesus and obey Him, you should have hope.

Paradise earth is the hope of the great crowd. Heaven in the hope of the anointed. We are going to be one or the other, so there is a hope for everyone.

If you really wanted to get to heaven, you would have to die. With the paradise hope, we may never die at all as Jesus said:

John 11:25 Jesus said to her: “I am the resurrection and the life.+ The one who exercises faith in me, even though he dies, will come to life; 26 and everyone who is living and exercises faith in me wil l never die at all.+Do you believe this?”

We have to be realistic when it comes to life in this world. Its dangerous and we cant' control every event so it might just happen that we may die in this system. If we do, we will come to life in either the earthly paradise during the Millenial reign of Christ, or we wake up in heaven as one of the anointed. And if we are fortunate enough to witness the end of this old system and the incoming new one, then we will be among that great crowd who will 'never die at all'

What better hope could we ask for???

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
That's exactly my point. Jesus taught His disciples what to preach about the Kingdom, correct? Those verses are what they preached. Search the Epistles for one verse where the disciples preached anything other than Jesus and Him crucified.

When Jesus walked the earth, there were many who denied that he was the Messiah. This was because the Pharisees had poisoned the minds of their fellow Jews in relation to what Messiah would do once he came. Jesus did not fit their definition at all. He was not the Jewish liberator that they were expecting...the one who would establish the kingdom of God on earth and elevate these proud men to a status that they expected as "sons of Abraham". Instead, he reviled them and exposed them as the hypocrites that they were. He called them "blind guides" and said "if a blind man guides a blind man, both will fall into a pit". This of course engendered hatred among these powerful and influential men, who managed to turn the whole nation against him. They ended up with his blood on their hands. (Matt 27:25)

Those who did recognise Jesus as Messiah understood that he was liberating them spiritually from an apostate religious system whose shepherds were doing their best to crush the poor and downtrodden "sheep". These had all but given up on trying to live up to the Pharisees' ridiculous interpretation of the law. These "lost sheep of the house of Israel" were the ones Jesus came to save. Even some of the priests put faith in him, though some were not up front about it, fearing reprisals from the religious leaders. So a lot of the preaching that the disciples did among the Jews was to convince them that Jesus was in fact the Christ and that he was raised from the dead. This is what a lot of those scriptures you quoted are pointing out. To the Gentiles, they had to present Jesus as someone they could learn from and embrace as a teacher. The God of Jesus had to be presented as a superior God to the many false gods whom the Gentiles worshipped. (As Paul's speech at the Areopagus showed. Acts 17:22-31)

His miracles were well known and his apostles too could impart holy spirit to those who embraced the truth about Jesus.

Now, when Jesus taught us the model prayer...he told us to pray for God's kingdom to "come". How does it "come" according to what you believe? How does it's coming result in God's will being done "on earth as it is in heaven"?

Jesus said,

Mat 12:27-28 (ESVST) . 28 But if it is by the Spirit of God that I cast out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

Taking that scripture in context....

"At hearing this, the Pharisees said: “This fellow does not expel the demons except by means of Be·elʹze·bub, the ruler of the demons.” 25 Knowing their thoughts, he said to them: “Every kingdom divided against itself comes to ruin, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand. 26 In the same way, if Satan expels Satan, he has become divided against himself; how, then, will his kingdom stand? 27 Moreover, if I expel the demons by means of Be·elʹze·bub, by whom do your sons expel them? This is why they will be your judges. 28 But if it is by means of God’s spirit that I expel the demons, the Kingdom of God has really overtaken you. 29 Or how can anyone invade the house of a strong man and seize his possessions unless he first ties up the strong man? Only then can he plunder his house. 30 Whoever is not on my side is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters." (Matt 12:24-30)

Do you see the subject matter here? It is about satan's kingdom verses God's kingdom. Jesus was refuting the Pharisees false claim that he got his power from satan.

So what is the kingdom of God and what is the good news (gospel) about it? This is what every Christain needs to know.

Jesus said as part of the "sign of his presence....."And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come." (Matt24:14)

This is what defines a Christian...obedience to Jesus command to preach about his kingdom and make disciples in all the inhabited earth. (Matt 28:19, 20) But unless you know what the kingdom is...you cannot fulfill the commission. :(

Mountain_Climber

Have you ever dreamed of diving for pearls? Pearls are a way to make one rich in this world. But here is an opportunity to dive for pearls which do not lose their value and make one rich unto life.

1 Corinthians 15:26 could be argued as that putting death under subjection under Christ's feet: “The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.”

Based upon that and Psalms 110:1, one might conclude that Christ remains seated at the Fathers right hand until the end of the thousand years when death is destroyed, “The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.”

But still others might conclude that death was brought into subjection under Christ's feet long before that, right here, as follows: “I am he that lives, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.” Revelation 1:18

Thus, while death yet exists Paul could exclaim, “O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, inasmuch as ye know that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.” 1 Corinthians 15:55-58

Which way is the correct way to understand this? Notice how it appears if we stay to the context in 1 Corinthians chapter 15:

1 Corinthians 15:20 “But now hath Christ been raised from the dead, the first-fruits of them that are asleep.”
[[Here it is important to see that Christ is himself the first-fruits even as is described at Revelation 1:18 “I am he that lives, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.” And we need to keep 1 Corinthians 15:23 understood in that same sense.]]

1 Corinthians 15:21 “For since by a man [came] death, by a man [came] also the resurrection of the dead.” [[“For since death is by a man, also by a man is the resurrection of the dead”]]

1 Corinthians 15:22 “For as in Adam [the man] all die, so also in Christ [the man] shall all be made alive.” [[Philippians 1:20-21; Galatians 2:20 “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”]]

1 Corinthians 15:23 “But each in his own order: Christ [who is] the first-fruits; then they that are Christ's, at his coming.” [[See the note I affixed to 1 Corinthians 15:20]]

1 Corinthians 15:24 “Then [comes] the end, when he [[the man he left walking this earth]] shall deliver up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he [[the man he left walking this earth]] shall have abolished all [ungodly] rule and all [ungodly] authority and [ungodly] power.” [[Zechariah 10:5 “And they shall be as mighty men, which tread down their enemies in the mire of the streets in the battle: and they shall fight, because the LORD is with them, and the riders on horses shall be confounded.”; Malachi 4:3 “And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.”; Luke 10:19 “Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.”]]

1 Corinthians 15:25 “For he [[that is, Christ the man]] must reign, till he hath put all his enemies under his feet.”

1 Corinthians 15:26 “The last enemy that shall be abolished [[by the man Christ left walking this earth]] is death.”

Let us see if you really desire to find the pearls of wisdom. Where is this that God puts all things (all former enemies) in subjection under his Son's feet?

1 Corinthians 15:27 “For, He put all things in subjection under his feet. But when he saith, All things are put in subjection, it is evident that he is excepted who did subject all things unto him.”

“All things” clearly include the 144,000 though they are purchased from the old earth which is passing away, for use in government and priesthood upon this earth for the thousand years to come.

Romans 5:10 “For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.”

Revelation 5:10 “And you made them to the God of us kingdom and priests: and they are reigning upon<(epi) the earth.” (Westcott-Hort, Literal {Direct} Translation)

That is the same as saying, “you made them a kingdom and priests upon this earth [where] they are reigning [victoriously].”

The Father has had Christ sit at his right hand, enthroned alongside the Father in heaven until the Father has subjected “all things under his feet”. Even while Christ sits enthroned in heaven his Father adopted brothers yet of flesh to carry on as his body upon this earth:

Psalms 8:4 “What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visits him?

5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honor.

6 Thou made him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet..”

Sitting on that throne at the right hand of his Father, the earth is his footstool, just as it is the Father's footstool:

Psalms 99:5 “Exalt ye the LORD our God, and worship at his footstool; for he is holy.”

Isaiah 66:1 “Thus saith Jehovah, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?”

What have you learned from diving deep into this water? Share your thoughts for the sake of others.

If you have really done your job as a pearl diver, then, 1 Corinthians 15:28-31 should be making better sense to you.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member

When Jesus taught us to pray for God's kingdom to "come"...what did he mean? How is the 'coming' of God's kingdom a way for God's "will to be done on earth as it is in heaven"?

This is what I asked. :) What do you think?
God's Kingdom is Jesus Christ resurrected. God's Kingdom is a kingdom that can never be brought to ruin as ALL human kingdoms get brought to ruin. Because Jesus is resurrected with The Father no matter where or when a person is he is welcome to that kingdom. The gospel is proof that God's Kingdom is great and good. The words of Jesus prove that submission to Kingdom of God is a desirable and wonderful occupation.

That is The Good News. The Good News = God's Kingdom

Like the JWs teach, there is more to the Kingdom than is at first obvious. But the JWs teach that the more to the Kingdom of God is submission or subservience. Jesus says the more to the Kingdom is FREEDOM.

The JWs teach a different gospel.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
One aspect of the Good News that the Jehovah's Witnesses teach is that God will destroy all other Kingdoms (even though Jesus says all judging was given to him and that he judges mo one but his words judge all).

HOW is that GOOD NEWS?

The REAL GOOD NEWS is that NOTHING, not ever, can destroy God's Kingdom. That is what is pictured by the resurrection of God's Son.

They say their proof that God will destroy man is Daniel 2:44

(funny JJ says "words are cheap" at the same time resting on words LOL)

Jewish tradition which Jesus came to condemn has Daniel saying what the JWs want to believe, which is God is a god of war. That is NOT good news.

I believe Daniel was twisted. * I think Daniel 2:44 is saying that no kingdom is able to crush and to destroy GOD'S KINGDOM even though they ALL have and will continue to be a cause of its destruction.

That is GOOD NEWS!

Even if the Earth would be destroyed and even the heavens should come to an end all those putting faith in Jesus Christ for the Kingdom of God shall be saved.

The good news is God has an everlasting promise that no power in heaven or on earth can break.

My friend Katie says that she cares not where her feet will land but that she cares she is God's child. That is what Jesus Christ taught.

*Daniel was twisted is a very good example of why people should not put faith in man's words. What I meant was the words of Daniel had become twisted. Jesus called those responsible for keeping them twisted (as they were already twisted before those men were born) offspring of vipers.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How is the declaration that everyone who is not putting faith in the governing body will be destroyed good news?

Is it good news that everyone putting faith in the everlasting love of A Father for the son of God is granted pardon and a new life?

WHO is the son of God? The Gospel is.

Mountain_Climber

savagewind said:
Jesus called those responsible for keeping them twisted (as they were already twisted before those men were born) offspring of vipers.

Yes, and not that they were twisted as by a literal inheritance through the genetics in their mother's womb, but that they were twisted having believed the lie that was spoken long before they were born.

John 8:44 "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it."

The same ("they were already twisted before those men were born") can be said of those at John 8:44 even though it is clearly their having believed the lies carried to perpetuity into this world as men gave birth to children.

Thus it really is a case of John 3:19 "And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil."

Man is what he practices, and those who rejected Christ were evil because they practiced the lie of their father who was long before they were born. That lie twisted them in the womb of their fleshly mother, Jerusalem, just as at Galatians 1:15. wherein Paul had learned to fight against Christ.

Any half way mature Jehovah's Wittiness should have their mind click by what I have here shared, for they know what Paul meant at Galatians 1:15.

Now all they need do is stop being afraid to think a little on their own.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
God's Kingdom is Jesus Christ resurrected. God's Kingdom is a kingdom that can never be brought to ruin as ALL human kingdoms get brought to ruin. Because Jesus is resurrected with The Father no matter where or when a person is he is welcome to that kingdom. The gospel is proof that God's Kingdom is great and good. The words of Jesus prove that submission to Kingdom of God is a desirable and wonderful occupation.

That is The Good News. The Good News = God's Kingdom

Like the JWs teach, there is more to the Kingdom than is at first obvious. But the JWs teach that the more to the Kingdom of God is submission or subservience. Jesus says the more to the Kingdom is FREEDOM.

The JWs teach a different gospel.
Good morning my friend. I trust you are well.

Could you please support with Scripture you first sentence?

You said, "God's kingdom is Jesus Christ resurrected."

I'm not saying I disagree. I just want to see Scriptural support for your thinking.

Mountain_Climber

Walking as with the feet of the prophet greater than Moses, it is not I that walk but he. And with him walking in me we ascended that mountain of God as did Moses.

Galatians 2:20 “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”

Mountain_Climber

I'm not saying I disagree. I just want to see Scriptural support for your thinking.
Revelation 5:10 “And you made them to the God of us kingdom and priests: and they are reigning upon<(epi) the earth.” (Westcott-Hort, Literal {Direct} Translation)

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Jesus said "the kingdom of God is in your midst"

For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit Romans 14:17
Isaiah 32:17
The fruit of that righteousness will be peace; its effect will be quietness and confidence forever.
Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
John 18:36
Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place."
Luke 17:21
nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is in your midst."

Of course, the Kingdom of God was present with Jesus on the earth when he was but now it is heavenly and incorruptible.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yes, and not that they were twisted as by a literal inheritance through the genetics in their mother's womb, but that they were twisted having believed the lie that was spoken long before they were born.

John 8:44 "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it."

The same ("they were already twisted before those men were born") can be said of those at John 8:44 even though it is clearly their having believed the lies carried to perpetuity into this world as men gave birth to children.

Thus it really is a case of John 3:19 "And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil."

Man is what he practices, and those who rejected Christ were evil because they practiced the lie of their father who was long before they were born. That lie twisted them in the womb of their fleshly mother, Jerusalem, just as at Galatians 1:15. wherein Paul had learned to fight against Christ.

Any half way mature Jehovah's Wittiness should have their mind click by what I have here shared, for they know what Paul meant at Galatians 1:15.

Now all they need do is stop being afraid to think a little on their own.
I didn't say that. I said people who keep God's words twisted are vipers and offspring of vipers.

Did Jesus say or did he not say that his words will judge? Whose words? God's words. Trusting in crooked words is putting a crooked judge up to judge.