• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Watchtower Governing Body: Are They The Exclusive Channel For God??

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
Is the governing body of the Watchtower Organization the exclusive channel for God? They seem to think so. According to them, we are dependent on THEM for spiritual food, and IT IS VITAL THAT WE RECOGNIZE "THEM," AS THE DISCREET SLAVE. OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD IS DEPENDENT ON "THEM!"

Here's what they said in 2013.

“That faithful slave is the channel through which Jesus is feeding his true followers in this time of the end. It is vital that we recognize the faithful slave. Our spiritual health and our relationship with God depend on this channel,” (Watchtower, July 15, 2013, p. 20).

And just who is the faithful and discreet slave? It's the small group of annointed brothers - THE GOVERNING BODY OF THE WATCHTOWER ORGANIZATION.

“Who, then, is the faithful and discreet slave? In keeping with Jesus’ pattern of feeding many through the hands of a few, that slave is made up of a small group of anointed brothers who are directly involved in preparing and dispensing spiritual food during Christ’s presence,” (Watchtower, July 15, 2013, p. 22).

Where does it say in the Bible that a FEW JW BROTHERS have been annointed to dispense spiritual food?

So who really is the “faithful and discreet slave”? The answer is very simple: anyone who is found faithful to Christ’s command to “give them their rations at the proper time,” (Luke 12:42) when He returns. Surely these faithful slaves have existed since the first century. After all, Jesus directly admonished Peter to “feed my sheep.” (John 21:15-17)

mainliner

no one can de-borg my fact's ...NO-ONE!!
I thought the word 'slave' meant ' being a slave to love '.

love controls your life hense 'a slave to love....idk

i must be wrong :)

Skwim

Veteran Member
Is the governing body of the Watchtower Organization the exclusive channel for God? They seem to think so. According to them, we are dependent on THEM for spiritual food, and IT IS VITAL THAT WE RECOGNIZE "THEM," AS THE DISCREET SLAVE. OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD IS DEPENDENT ON "THEM!"

“That faithful slave is the channel through which Jesus is feeding his true followers in this time of the end. It is vital that we recognize the faithful slave. Our spiritual health and our relationship with God depend on this channel,” (Watchtower, July 15, 2013, p. 20).

And just who is the faithful and discreet slave? It's the small group of annointed brothers - THE GOVERNING BODY OF THE WATCHTOWER ORGANIZATION.

“Who, then, is the faithful and discreet slave? In keeping with Jesus’ pattern of feeding many through the hands of a few, that slave is made up of a small group of anointed brothers who are directly involved in preparing and dispensing spiritual food during Christ’s presence,” (Watchtower, July 15, 2013, p. 22).

Where does it say in the Bible that a FEW JW BROTHERS have been annointed to dispense spiritual food?

So who really is the “faithful and discreet slave”? The answer is very simple: anyone who is found faithful to Christ’s command to “give them their rations at the proper time,” (Luke 12:42) when He returns. Surely these faithful slaves have existed since the first century. After all, Jesus directly admonished Peter to “feed my sheep.” (John 21:15-17)
But does it say this small group of anointed brothers can't dispense spiritual food? Moreover, the "spiritual health and our relationship with God" may only refer to JWs. Others may be getting their spiritual food elsewhere.
shrug_n.gif

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
But does it say this small group of anointed brothers can't dispense spiritual food? Moreover, the "spiritual health and our relationship with God" may only refer to JWs. Others may be getting their spiritual food elsewhere.
shrug_n.gif

All christians should dispense spiritual food.

I want to know what makes this small group of men, the governing body, think that they were appointed to dispense spiritual food over and above the rest of the JW's.

This reminds me of the Pope. He thinks He is God's channel or spokesperson for everyone also.

4consideration

Premium Member
All christians should dispense spiritual food.

I want to know what makes this small group of men, the governing body, think that they were appointed to dispense spiritual food over and above the rest of the JW's.

This reminds me of the Pope. He thinks He is God's channel or spokesperson for everyone also.
Looks like you're on a crusade against other denominations. Not the best spiritual food to be dispensing in my opinion.

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
Personally, my spiritual food comes from the Bible, through the Holy Spirit. This is not to say that I don't get spiritual food from preachers, teachers, elders and other christians, because I do. However, the final say lies with the word of God, and NEVER what men say. I am happy to learn from others, but I am like the Bereans were. I search the Scriptures daily to be sure that what is being said is true.

4consideration

Premium Member
Personally, my spiritual food comes from the Bible, through the Holy Spirit. This is not to say that I don't get spiritual food from preachers, teachers, elders and other christians, because I do. However, the final say lies with the word of God, and NEVER what men say. I am happy to learn from others, but I am like the Bereans were. I search the Scriptures daily to be sure that what is being said is true.
What about your spiritual food makes it so important for you to point out how much you think other denominations are wrong?

I agree the final say lies with God.

I just don't like it when other people who say they believe in him try to usurp his authority and play God over other people, and tell other people they aren't ok in God's eyes, and try to use the Bible to justify applying their own personal judgment on other people, or groups of people -- as if taking shots at other people or groups of people makes one superior.

It kind of ticks me off, not that much -- just sometimes -- because I think some people may be vulnerable enough not to see that's it's often just that person's own ego, or trying to prove something to themselves, that makes them present themselves as more worthy and more acceptable in God's eyes than the rest of God's children.

Some of the most vicious people I have seen (on both ends of the spectrum) are those that seem to present their argument (for God concept, or against God) under the guise of just telling people the Truth.

4consideration

Premium Member
I'm on a crusade against false teaching, as we should all be.
We don't allow crusades here. We allow conversations and debate.

If you are on a crusade against specific denominations you think have false teachings, you are probably in the wrong place. We will protect the members of various religions and denominations from attack.

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN

If you are on a crusade against specific denominations you think have false teachings, you are probably in the wrong place. We will protect the members of various religions and denominations from attack.
It seems that the people on this forum are all on a crusade. They attack God's word, the Trinity, Christians, Jesus, God, Muslims and too many more to list.

My thread was written for the purpose of trying to find out why or what makes the governing body of the Watchtower Organization God's exclusive channel. I want to know by who and how they were appointed, and why the rest of their group was not.

Those are honest and fair questions. They are no more of an attack than any other thread on this forum.

I question where you were the many times I have been attacked personally. I've been called a plethora of names, but you never came to my defense.

I have in no way been disrespectful to anyone in this thread nor will I be.

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
People here can call God 'Satan' and call us delusional, but their posts do not get removed, and they do not get banned.

Yes

Thank you for this information. I had no idea that this was being preached.

I almost joined the Jehovah Witnesses long ago. I studied with them and was almost baptized into their denomination. I love it that we can give information to others about those who claim to know God's Truth.

Yes

I love this site.
I have been on many religious debate sites. This site is by far the best. The layout and maneuvering is great.

I hope that the moderators will show the same fairness to all Christians, as they do to everyone else.

melk

christian open minded
Looks like you're on a crusade against other denominations. Not the best spiritual food to be dispensing in my opinion.
I started to learn about JW in this forum. The thing the most impressed me was their fidelity to the scriptures and the lovely way they present their arguments. They are never agressive and neither offend their adversary. They are strongly pacifists. For this reason, I just can't imagine a JW entering this thread to stand against this crusade.

Yes

I started to learn about JW in this forum. The thing the most impressed me was their fidelity to the scriptures and the lovely way they present their arguments. They are never agressive and neither offend their adversary. They are strongly pacifists. For this reason, I just can't imagine a JW entering this thread to stand against this crusade.
If a JW obeyed their leaders, they would not even be on the Internet interacting with us here.

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
Their fidelity is to the Watchtower Organization who interpret the Scriptures for them.

My neighbor, and good friend, told me that we are not capable of understanding the Scriptures. The WTO helps her to understand.

I let the Holy Spirit help me to understand the Scriptures. He gives me light when He knows I'm ready for it.

I was raised in a false religion, in which the leader claimed to be God's spokesperson on earth. The problem was that their teachings directly contradicted the Bible. When I realized that, I left. Never again will I let others interpret the Bible for me.

We should all be like the Bereans, searching the Scriptures to see whether what we're being told is true or not.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One

Well actually the scriptures themselves show us that the understanding of Gods Word was not continually known since the first century
The prophet Daniel wrote:
Daniel12:1 “During that time Mi′cha·el*+ will stand up,* the great prince+ who is standing in behalf of your people.* And there will occur a time of distress ...
3 “And those having insight will shine as brightly as the expanse of heaven, and those bringing the many to righteousness like the stars, forever and ever.

4 “As for you, Daniel, keep the words secret, and seal up the book until the time of the end.+ Many will rove about,* and the true knowledge will become abundant.”+

This passage indicates that 'true knowledge' would become abundant only when Michael stands up during the last days. There has been 2,000 years where knowledge has not been abundant...only during this time has God unsealed the prophecies concerning the last days and knowledge of Gods kingdom has become known. That is why Jesus asked his followers "Who really is the faithful and discreet slave" because while there are many claiming to be Christs slaves, very few actually have shown themselves to be such. Jesus words give us an indication that we would really need to examine those who claim to be and not assume that everyone is faithful or discreet when it comes to 'knowledge'

But thats why we all have our own brain... we get to make our own determination in the matter. I have determined the Watchtower to be the faithful and discreet slaves because i've seen how they teach Gods word and promote Gods laws and standards. They also are doing the work that Jesus said would be done in the last days...and i know how they have helped me change my own life to come more in harmony with God.

Its up to you to find the faithful and discreet slave. If you dont think the Watchtower are it, then thats fine... i wish you well on your search.

:)

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
Well actually the scriptures themselves show us that the understanding of Gods Word was not continually known since the first century
The prophet Daniel wrote:
Daniel12:1 “During that time Mi′cha·el*+ will stand up,* the great prince+ who is standing in behalf of your people.* And there will occur a time of distress ...
3 “And those having insight will shine as brightly as the expanse of heaven, and those bringing the many to righteousness like the stars, forever and ever.

4 “As for you, Daniel, keep the words secret, and seal up the book until the time of the end.+ Many will rove about,* and the true knowledge will become abundant.”+

This passage indicates that 'true knowledge' would become abundant only when Michael stands up during the last days. There has been 2,000 years where knowledge has not been abundant...only during this time has God unsealed the prophecies concerning the last days and knowledge of Gods kingdom has become known. That is why Jesus asked his followers "Who really is the faithful and discreet slave" because while there are many claiming to be Christs slaves, very few actually have shown themselves to be such. Jesus words give us an indication that we would really need to examine those who claim to be and not assume that everyone is faithful or discreet when it comes to 'knowledge'

But thats why we all have our own brain... we get to make our own determination in the matter. I have determined the Watchtower to be the faithful and discreet slaves because i've seen how they teach Gods word and promote Gods laws and standards. They also are doing the work that Jesus said would be done in the last days...and i know how they have helped me change my own life to come more in harmony with God.

Its up to you to find the faithful and discreet slave. If you dont think the Watchtower are it, then thats fine... i wish you well on your search.

:)

I know who the faithful and discreet slave is.

ALL TRUE CHRISTIANS are the faithful and discreet slave.

Don't you find it strange that the Watchtower organization, as recent as 2007, claimed the faithful and discreet slave was the 144,000?

Now they say it is the governing body of the Watchtower Organization, which is about a dozen men.

How can you trust an organization who keeps changing the rules?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
I know who the faithful and discreet slave is.

ALL TRUE CHRISTIANS are the faithful and discreet slave.

Don't you find it strange that the Watchtower organization, as recent as 2007, claimed the faithful and discreet slave was the 144,000?

Now they say it is the governing body of the Watchtower Organization, which is about a dozen men.

How can you trust an organization who keeps changing the rules?
When jess spoke of the faithful and discreet slave he said of them..."whom his master appointed to give them their food at the proper time..." so the slave can't be all Christians because not all Christians lead the church or dispense spiritual food to jesus disciples.
And its not a rule change.... it's an improved understanding of Scripture.

Our brothers have never claimed to know it all... and they are willing to adapt their teachings as their understanding improves. That takes courage and humility...two important Christian qualities that you would expect from a true Christian. I love it every time we receive a clearer understanding of our teachings.... it's awesome!

Last edited: