• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Watchtower Governing Body: Are They The Exclusive Channel For God??

djhwoodwerks

Why Question Religion?
Suppose you need to have surgery for a life-threatening illness. You would want to have the utmost confidence in the surgeon, since your life will be in his hands. Would it not be prudent to review his record of experience? Similarly, it is wise to examine religion carefully. If you belong to a religious organization, you are, in effect, putting your spiritual life in its hands. This includes your prospects for salvation. (Watchtower July 1, 2013 Cover story) (emphasis mine)

This is what the GB wants you to believe they mean, but is it really what they mean? Yes, as long as you examine carefully using only their material. JW's are forbidden to read the Bible by it's self and are discouraged from reading early publications of the Watchtower. They cannot read Christendoms publications because they are satanic. So, how are they allowed to carefully examine the Watchtower? All they are to examine are the fact's that the JW's are the only ones who use God's personal name Jehovah, (which if any of them would actually read a Hebrew or Greek Interlinear Bible they would see that the name "JEHOVAH" never appears in the original text. And if they would do research on the name Jehovah they would find out that it didn't exist until the 1500's) they preach and teach door to door and that they never ask for money.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why Question Religion?
Suppose you need to have surgery for a life-threatening illness. You would want to have the utmost confidence in the surgeon, since your life will be in his hands. Would it not be prudent to review his record of experience? Similarly, it is wise to examine religion carefully. If you belong to a religious organization, you are, in effect, putting your spiritual life in its hands. This includes your prospects for salvation. (Watchtower July 1, 2013 Cover story) (emphasis mine)

This is what the GB wants you to believe they mean, but is it really what they mean? Yes, as long as you examine carefully using only their material. JW's are forbidden to read the Bible by it's self and are discouraged from reading early publications of the Watchtower. They cannot read Christendoms publications because they are satanic. So, how are they allowed to carefully examine the Watchtower? All they are to examine are the fact's that the JW's are the only ones who use God's personal name Jehovah, (which if any of them would actually read a Hebrew or Greek Interlinear Bible they would see that the name "JEHOVAH" never appears in the original text. And if they would do research on the name Jehovah they would find out that it didn't exist until the 1500's) they preach and teach door to door and that they never ask for money.
It is true. Jehovah's Witnesses are forbidden to do Bible study on their own.

djhwoodwerks

Interpreting the Scriptures: The mysteries locked up in the book of Revelation
have for long baffled sincere students of the Bible. In God’s due time, those
secrets had to be unlocked,but how, when, and to whom? Only God’s spirit
could make known the meaning as the appointed time drew near.
(Revelation 1:3) Those sacred secrets would be revealed to God’s zealous
slaves on earth so that they would be strengthened to make
known his judgments. (Matthew 13:10, 11) It is not
claimed that the explanations in this publication
are infallible. Like Joseph of old, we say: “Do
not interpretations belong to God?” (Genesis
40:8) At the same time, however, we
firmly believe that the explanations set
forth herein harmonize with
the Bible in its entirety,
showing how remarkably
divine prophecy has been
fulfilled in the world
events of our
catastrophic times.

"Revelation It's Grand Climax at Hand!" Page 9

JW's, please read the above and tell me if you see any double talk or deception in what the Watchtower is telling it's readers. Oh, and please refer to the scripture references also. I do have a hard copy and a .pdf copy of this book.

Last edited:

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
It is true. Jehovah's Witnesses are forbidden to do Bible study on their own.
I have some questions. When you were with the JW's, what did your personal Bible Studies consist of?

Did you mainly study Watchtower literature? What would you say your ratio of Bible reading to Watchtower reading was?

And finally, while with them, did you ever read a whole book or letter of the Bible straight through, or did you just skip around looking at different verses?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer my questions.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I have some questions. When you were with the JW's, what did your personal Bible Studies consist of?

Did you mainly study Watchtower literature? What would you say your ratio of Bible reading to Watchtower reading was?

And finally, while with them, did you ever read a whole book or letter of the Bible straight through, or did you just skip around looking at different verses?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer my questions.
Jehovah's Witnesses are encouraged to read all of the Bible. Bethel residents are assigned to read the Bible through (I have heard). There is a Bible reading each week that is assigned and talked about at the meeting. At that meeting, a brother reads a portion of the weekly Bible reading on stage. I think every three years or so the weekly Bible reading starts again from the beginning.

JWs mainly study Watchtower literature trusting that it is all Bible-based. They believe it is all Bible-based.

djhwoodwerks

Sorry, one more!

I've noticed when studying with the gentleman that comes to my house, when I ask him to explain a verse or subject in the Bible, he reaches for the book "What the Bible Really Teaches" and says, "well let's see what it says". I usually say, "not out of that book, let's look see what the Bible says". Sometimes he reluctantly agrees. Most of the time he doesn't.

djhwoodwerks

JWs mainly study Watchtower literature trusting that it is all Bible-based. They believe it is all Bible-based.

I have seen, but cannot find it now so I can't use it as an argument, where the Watchtower has said in one of it's publications that if someone who has studied with the Watchtower would lay their material aside and study just the Bible, within 2 years they will be back in darkness. Please don't quote me on this because I can't find the article. How can they teach that studying the Bible alone leads to darkness!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I have seen, but cannot find it now so I can't use it as an argument, where the Watchtower has said in one of it's publications that if someone who has studied with the Watchtower would lay their material aside and study just the Bible, within 2 years they will be back in darkness. Please don't quote me on this because I can't find the article. How can they teach that studying the Bible alone leads to darkness!
Witnesses forbidden to study the Bible ALONE:
    • 1910 "If the 6 volumes of 'Scripture Studies' are practically the Bible topically arranged, with Bible proof-texts given, we might not improperly name the volumes- 'The Bible' in an arranged form. That is to say, they are not merely comments on the Bible, but they are practically the Bible itself...Furthermore, not only do we find that people cannot see the divine plan in studying the Bible itself, but we see also that if anyone lays the 'Scripture Studies' ... after he has read them for 10 years-if he then lays them aside and ignores them and goes to the Bible alone...out experience shows that within 2 years he goes into darkness. On the other hand, if he has merely read the 'S.S.' with their references, and had not read a page of the Bible, as such, he would be in the light at the end of the two years." (Watchtower, Sept 15, 1910)
  • 1951 But if each of us were left to himself just because he has a copy of the Bible and were to direct his movements independently as he thought he understood the Word, what? It is likely, or possible, that there would be a great deal of confusion or working in competition among us. Hence, besides individually possessing God's Word, we need a theocratic organization. Yes, besides having God's spirit of illumination, a Christian needs Jehovah's theocratic organization in order to understand the Bible. (Watchtower; June 15, 1951; p. 375)
  • 1957 "The world is full of Bibles, which Book contains the commandments of God. Why, then, do the people not know which way to go? ... "God has not arranged for [His] Word to speak independently or to shine life-giving truths by itself. It is through his organization God provides this light." (Watchtower, May 1, 1957, pg. 274)
  • 1967 "The Bible cannot be properly understood without Jehovah's visible organization in mind." (Watchtower, Oct 1, 1967, pg. 587)
  • 1965 "He does not impart his holy spirit and understanding and appreciation of his Word apart from his visible organization." (Watchtower, July 1, 1965, pg. 391)
  • 1981 "We all need help to understand the Bible, and we cannot find the scriptural guidance we need outside the 'faithful and discreet slave' organization.'" (Watchtower, February 15, 1981, p.19)
  • 1981 They say that it is sufficient to read the Bible exclusively, either alone or in small groups at home. But, strangely, through such 'Bible reading,' they have reverted right back to the apostate doctrines that commentaries by Christendom's clergy were teaching 100 years ago,... (Watchtower; Aug. 15, 1981; p. 29)
  • 1994 Channel to understanding the Bible... All who want to understand the Bible should appreciate that the "greatly diversified wisdom of God" can become known only through Jehovah's channel of communication, the faithful and discreet slave. (Watchtower; Oct. 1, 1994; p. 8)
  • Non-Witnesses please understand that Witnesses do not believe the Bible, they believe the watchtower. Don't waste your time studying the Bible with them. They only believe what the organization prints.
The real reasons why Watchtower organization FEARS the INTERNET

Brickjectivity

Brickish Brat
Staff member
Premium Member
I am not familiar with the materials, but I see a lot of them have been published on archive.org =Watchtower&sort=-date]see this link They can be downloaded under various file formats for free.

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
Jehovah's Witnesses are encouraged to read all of the Bible. Bethel residents are assigned to read the Bible through (I have heard). There is a Bible reading each week that is assigned and talked about at the meeting. At that meeting, a brother reads a portion of the weekly Bible reading on stage. I think every three years or so the weekly Bible reading starts again from the beginning.

What is a Bethel resident?

And while you were with them, did you independently read any book or letter through in one sitting?

Calling it a night. Talk with you tomorrow.

God bless you SW!

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
Witnesses forbidden to study the Bible ALONE:
    • 1910 "If the 6 volumes of 'Scripture Studies' are practically the Bible topically arranged, with Bible proof-texts given, we might not improperly name the volumes- 'The Bible' in an arranged form. That is to say, they are not merely comments on the Bible, but they are practically the Bible itself...Furthermore, not only do we find that people cannot see the divine plan in studying the Bible itself, but we see also that if anyone lays the 'Scripture Studies' ... after he has read them for 10 years-if he then lays them aside and ignores them and goes to the Bible alone...out experience shows that within 2 years he goes into darkness. On the other hand, if he has merely read the 'S.S.' with their references, and had not read a page of the Bible, as such, he would be in the light at the end of the two years." (Watchtower, Sept 15, 1910)
  • 1951 But if each of us were left to himself just because he has a copy of the Bible and were to direct his movements independently as he thought he understood the Word, what? It is likely, or possible, that there would be a great deal of confusion or working in competition among us. Hence, besides individually possessing God's Word, we need a theocratic organization. Yes, besides having God's spirit of illumination, a Christian needs Jehovah's theocratic organization in order to understand the Bible. (Watchtower; June 15, 1951; p. 375)
  • 1957 "The world is full of Bibles, which Book contains the commandments of God. Why, then, do the people not know which way to go? ... "God has not arranged for [His] Word to speak independently or to shine life-giving truths by itself. It is through his organization God provides this light." (Watchtower, May 1, 1957, pg. 274)
  • 1967 "The Bible cannot be properly understood without Jehovah's visible organization in mind." (Watchtower, Oct 1, 1967, pg. 587)
  • 1965 "He does not impart his holy spirit and understanding and appreciation of his Word apart from his visible organization." (Watchtower, July 1, 1965, pg. 391)
  • 1981 "We all need help to understand the Bible, and we cannot find the scriptural guidance we need outside the 'faithful and discreet slave' organization.'" (Watchtower, February 15, 1981, p.19)
  • 1981 They say that it is sufficient to read the Bible exclusively, either alone or in small groups at home. But, strangely, through such 'Bible reading,' they have reverted right back to the apostate doctrines that commentaries by Christendom's clergy were teaching 100 years ago,... (Watchtower; Aug. 15, 1981; p. 29)
  • 1994 Channel to understanding the Bible... All who want to understand the Bible should appreciate that the "greatly diversified wisdom of God" can become known only through Jehovah's channel of communication, the faithful and discreet slave. (Watchtower; Oct. 1, 1994; p. 8)
  • Non-Witnesses please understand that Witnesses do not believe the Bible, they believe the watchtower. Don't waste your time studying the Bible with them. They only believe what the organization prints.

Studying the Bible with JW's is not a waste of time. I love when they come to my door. I always encourage them to come back. They are good people who need salvation just like we all do.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What is a Bethel resident?
The places where the Watchtower prints Bibles, books, magazines and tracts are called Bethel. I have heard that new residents are told to read the whole Bible their first year at Bethel. They live there.

And while you were with them, did you independently read any book or letter through in one sitting?
Yes!
I have read the Bible from beginning to end out loud. Some to the kids and some to myself.

Calling it a night. Talk with you tomorrow.

God bless you SW!
Good bye, thank you and God bless you too!

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
Sorry, one more!
I've noticed when studying with the gentleman that comes to my house, when I ask him to explain a verse or subject in the Bible, he reaches for the book "What the Bible Really Teaches" and says, "well let's see what it says". I usually say, "not out of that book, let's look see what the Bible says". Sometimes he reluctantly agrees. Most of the time he doesn't.
So far, my visitors have used their Bibles only.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
  • 1967 Thus the Bible is an organizational book and belongs to the Christian congregation as an organization, not to individuals, regardless of how sincerely they may believe that they can interpret the Bible. For this reason the Bible cannot be properly understood without Jehovah's visible organization in mind. (The Watchtower; 10/1/1967; pp. 587)

djhwoodwerks

Watchtower November 15, 2009 Under the heading, Treasure Your Place in the Congregation

"One way to find our place in the congregation and give evidence that we treasure it is to cooperate fully with “the faithful and discreet slaveand its representative Governing Body."

If the GB is a representative of the slave, "WHO" or "WHAT" is the slave?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Now you are resorting to a circular strawman's argument rather than caring at all to try to understand.

Your group is so obviously wrong on this point. But at the rate you are going it will take a while for you to know that.

That is OK Pegg. Just love and obey God and show honor toward his appointed king over us and one day soon you will know it.

So you dont agree that God has the right to decide who can and can't enter heaven?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
How do you know forgiveness is not reserved for the anointed only?

I don't disagree with you on this point. I would just like to know what verses you would use to support your view.

Thats a fair question. I can think of numerous scriptures to show that God is willing to forgive anyone who repents:

Isaiah 55:7 Let the wicked man leave his way+ And the evil man his thoughts; Let him return to Jehovah, who will have mercy on him,+
To our God, for he will forgive in a large way

In the above verse, who is the 'wicked man'? Would you think this is referring to one of Gods anointed servants?

What I'm having trouble understanding is how you think you can be forgiven and not also have the Spirit of Jehovah in you?

Doesn't Jehovah promise a cleansing and His spirit living in you?

Ez. 36
25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

How is it you could have your sins forgiven but not have the spirit of Jehovah in you?

Every living creature that breaths has Spirit from God within them. When God created Adam, the account says that God blew 'Ruach' or 'Spirit' into his nostrils and the man came alive.
Spirit is already in mankind...its why we are alive. What happens when the spirit is removed? Psalm 146;4: “His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground; in that day his thoughts [“thoughts,” KJ, 145:4 in Dy; “all his thinking,” NE; “plans,” RS, NAB] do perish.”

So every living breathing creature has spirit in them.... it is from God and its what gives us life.
Adam chose to sin while he had the spirit from Jehovah in him. And likewise today, every living person sins even though they have spirit from God within them.

I think the scripture is speaking of the type of spirit you display. We can display the spirit of God, or we can display a fleshly spirit. Gods holy spirit is described at Galatians 5 which says:
16 But I say, Keep walking by spirit+ and you will carry out no fleshly desire at all.+ 17 For the flesh is against the spirit in its desire, and the spirit against the flesh; these are opposed to each other, so that you do not do the very things you want to do.+ 18 Furthermore, if you are being led by spirit, you are not under law.

19 Now the works of the flesh are plainly seen, and they are sexual immorality,*+ uncleanness, brazen conduct,*+ 20 idolatry, spiritism,*+hostility, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, dissensions, divisions, sects, 21 envy, drunkenness,+ wild parties,* and things like these.+ I am forewarning you about these things, the same way I already warned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit God’s Kingdom.+

22 On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience,*kindness, goodness,+ faith, 23 mildness, self-control.+ Against such things there is no law

And also consider this, when someone sins, they are doing what is wrong in Gods view. So if God forgives them, then he must forgive 'BEFORE' they are living by spirit. Wouldnt be correct to say that only after God has forgiven them they would be living by his spirit? Otherwise, why were they sinning and why did they need forgiveness in the first place. So by your own counsel, it is a person who is not living by Gods righteousness who is being forgiven.