• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Watchtower Governing Body: Are They The Exclusive Channel For God??

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
if i am faithful and endure to the end, yes, i have no doubt. But I also keep this warning in mind:

1 Cor 10:12 So let the one who thinks he is standing beware that he does not fall.

I know God is faithful and salvation is assured to those who remain faithful. But will I remain faithful? That is an unanswered question at this stage.

I don't disagree with you, but I can say to you with all assurance that if I drop dead right now, I am saved.

Shak34

When I am leading a soul to Christ, I use nothing but a Bible. I have studied it enough to be able to help anyone locate the Scripures they need. I am not at all lost. I am not dependent on study aids, other than a concordance occasionally, or a dictionary or interlinear.

You elevate your so called study aid above the Bible.

There is a far cry between using a concordance to locate a verse, or a dictionary or interlinear to define a word than using the Watchtower Indoctrination Introduction book, which you use.

I asked a question to you earlier and I think maybe I didn't asked it right or came across poorly. Since you are not dependent on any study aids do you think all other Christian study guides or inspirational literature is bad. When I left the religion I was raised in and wanted to persue Christianity I believed that all you needed was the bible. So I was wondering if you feel that even mainstream Christian literature/study guides could be put before gods word?

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
Jesus was an Israelite who was a witness to his Father Jehovah. Jesus did not worship himself...he worshiped God and we do the same. Actually the NT is full of verses telling us to do just

We owe our salvation to the Father and I think for that, he should be recognised. But if you worship Jesus alone, then how could you ever serve the Father as Jesus said we should? You can't and you dont. Thats a real shame because it is Jehovah who is God and when Jesus relinquishes his authority and submits himself to the Father, who will you worship then?
The discussion is and has been whether we should call ourselves Christians or Jehovah's Witnesses (not whether we should or shouldn't worship God). The discussion is whether we should be witnesses for Jesus or Jehovah.

Acts 1:8 and 11:26 answer both questions, which you repeatedly ignore.

Jesus is my God and Savior. You are entitled to reduce Him to Michael the archangel if you choose to.

When I worship Jesus, I AM worshiping God, and vice versa. They are one in the same.

I owe my salvation to God who is Jesus. You are free to believe what you want.

I live under the law of Christ not the law of Moses.

The apostles were witnesses for Christ. They were called christians, not Jehovah's witnesses.

There is no Scripture in the New Testament, which says we should call ourselves Jehovah's witnesses. There is no Scripture, which says we are to be witnesses for Jehovah.

Calling yourself a Jehovah witness is indeed unscriptural. IOW, you can't find a command or an example of it in the New Testament, which is what you should be following.

Instead you strike out on your own, without the approval of God, without His authorization. You go beyond what's written.

We are witnesses for CHRIST. It is He who shed His blood in order that we have forgiveness of sins. It is He who was raised from the dead so that we may also rise to eternal life. That is the gospel message. That is what we are to teach to the lost! If you are not a witness for Christ, and you then you are not a christian.

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
I asked a question to you earlier and I think maybe I didn't asked it right or came across poorly. Since you are not dependent on any study aids do you think all other Christian study guides or inspirational literature is bad. When I left the religion I was raised in and wanted to persue Christianity I believed that all you needed was the bible. So I was wondering if you feel that even mainstream Christian literature/study guides could be put before gods word?
NEVER should any literature be put above God's word. That is what I'm saying.

No I don't think commentaries and the like are bad, but they should never ever be considered anything more than the opinions of men.

What I am very bothered by is the JW's elevating their Watchtower literature above the Bible. They will say they don't, but the proof is in the inordinant amount of time they spend in Watchtower literature compared to the word of God. They are required to do this.

In the end, they live by the commands of Watchtower literature, and ignore direct commandments.

Last edited:

Shak34

NEVER should any literature be put above God's word. That is what I'm saying.

No I don't think commentaries and the like are bad, but they should never ever be considered anything more than opinion.

What Iam very bothered by is the JW's elevating their Watchtower literature above the Bible. They will say they don't, but the proof is in the inordinant amount of time they spend in Watchtower literature compared to the word of God.

I agree that commentaries should never be anything more than opinion. I appreciate you answering my question.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
With technology we are now able to study scripture on our own. And it is free.

I never have said the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses are good for nothing. I don't believe it. Israel was happy to eat the food provided by their slave masters in Egypt. And the JWs are happy to eat the food their slave masters at The Watchtower provide. What I think isn't right is they believe ALL people including their own children should be enslaved by them too. That is what I speak against. I do not believe every road leads to righteousness but I am certain their road does not lead to righteousness for everyone like they say it does.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I must keep repeating to myself silence is golden.

If a person is told something is true long enough and often enough he gets to believing it. If life is rough in the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses with all the reading, getting dressed up, going door to door for more converts.... to do it more and more, which they teach to do, will get a person used to it, even to love it. It is similar to kidnap victims. Restrained long enough and they actually fall for their captor.

I have even heard from the faithful slave that if you are feeling that you don't like the field ministry the cure is to do it more. That is true, they really say that.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
When I am leading a soul to Christ, I use nothing but a Bible. I have studied it enough to be able to help anyone locate the Scripures they need to learn what they must do to be saved.

I am not dependent on study aids, other than a concordance occasionally, or a dictionary or interlinear.

You elevate your so called study aid above the Bible.

There is a far cry between using a concordance to locate a verse, or a dictionary or interlinear to define a word than using the Watchtower Indoctrination Introduction book, which you use.

and yet when I used a verse from Revelation which contradicted your claim that it is Jesus name we must have our our forehead, you rejected it.

I didnt use any study aid to highlight the point that it is the name of the Father on the foreheads of Christians...i used the bible and you rejected it. That says a lot about how you view the bible. You have your own interpretation regardless of what the scriptures say.

A little honest self-examination is needed me thinks.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
and yet when I used a verse from Revelation which contradicted your claim that it is Jesus name we must have our our forehead, you rejected it.

I didnt use any study aid to highlight the point that it is the name of the Father on the foreheads of Christians...i used the bible and you rejected it. That says a lot about how you view the bible. You have your own interpretation regardless of what the scriptures say.

What restraint! I am jealous.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
I absolutely never said I couldn't provide Scriptures. You're being disingenuous. There is a difference between couldn't and wouldn't.

Stop twisting my words. That is a ploy used by people when they have nothing left to argue with.

Well i did ask you how the holy spirit operates on christians and you have yet to offer a scriptural answer to that.

You said i was off topic. That is also a ploy when people are unable to answer a question. You have the bible, you claim to be taught by God so all i want to know is what you know of the operation of holy spirit.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member

There is zero evidence what is on their heads says Jesus and Jehovah. It is much more likely what is on their foreheads is their own name with their father's (surname)

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well i did ask you how the holy spirit operates on christians and you have yet to offer a scriptural answer to that.

You said i was off topic. That is also a ploy when people are unable to answer a question. You have the bible, you claim to be taught by God so all i want to know is what you know of the operation of holy spirit.
I am sure it isn't to be used like the JWs use it.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So? Can you me now? Please provide proof the scripture says Jesus' name and God's name are on their foreheads.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You ridiculed her for not agreeing with something that YOU don't know. So prove it. Now you kinda have to.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
The discussion is and has been whether we should call ourselves Christians or Jehovah's Witnesses (not whether we should or shouldn't worship God). The discussion is whether we should be witnesses for Jesus or Jehovah.

Acts 1:8 and 11:26 answer both questions, which you repeatedly ignore.

I havnt ignored them... but these verses are only half of the question as to who we should be witnesses for.
Who did Jesus instruct us to worship and pray to?
Who's commandments did he tell us to obey?

Yes we must tell people about Jesus.... but we must not neglect to speak about God who sent him.

Jesus is my God and Savior. You are entitled to reduce Him to Michael the archangel if you choose to.

When I worship Jesus, I AM worshiping God, and vice versa. They are one in the same.

That is a concept not found in scripture. God sent Jesus. How can they be the same person?

The trinity is dead in the water and you are worshiping a falsehood.

I owe my salvation to God who is Jesus. You are free to believe what you want.

Perhaps you will afford us the same right to believe. I agree we owe our salvation to God. And for that reason we choose to worship God just as Jesus instructed us to do.

You speak of salvation by God, but you only worship Jesus. Isnt that a little odd?

I live under the law of Christ not the law of Moses.

The apostles were witnesses for Christ. They were called christians, not Jehovah's witnesses.
There is no Scripture in the New Testament, which says we should call ourselves Jehovah's witnesses. There is no Scripture, which says we are to be witnesses for Jehovah.

According to the apostles, there would come to be a people for Gods name as foretold in the hebrew scriptures:

Acts 15:14 Sym′e·on+ has related thoroughly how God for the first time turned his attention to the nations to take out of them a people for his name.+15 And with this the words of the Prophets agree, just as it is written:16 ‘After these things I will return and raise up again the tent* of David that is fallen down; I will rebuild its ruins and restore it, 17 so that the men who remain may earnestly seek Jehovah,* together with people of all the nations, people who are called by my name, says Jehovah,* who is doing these things,+

here the apostles are quoting from the hebrew scriptures at Amos 9:11-12
11 ‘In that day I will raise up the booth* of David+ that is fallen,
I will repair the* breaches,And I will restore its ruins;I will rebuild it as in the days of long ago,12 So that they may take possession of what is remaining of E′dom, And all the nations on whom my name has been called,’ declares Jehovah, who is doing this.

The name of God is recorded in the hebrew scriptures over 7,000 times. And that name is not Jesus.

We are witnesses for CHRIST. It is He who shed His blood in order that we have forgiveness of sins. It is He who was raised from the dead so that we may also rise to eternal life. That is the gospel message. That is what we are to teach to the lost! If you are not a witness for Christ, and you then you are not a christian.

Who raised Christ from the dead?

Without someone to raise him to life, we would have no hope, no Christianity and would not be his followers.

So who makes all that possible??

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Jehovah's Witnesses believe what they do from examining the scriptures. Please tell us that the JW conclusion the 144,000 have God's Name on their foreheads is scripturally discerned. Or is it tradition?

Revelation 14:1
14 Then I saw, and look! the Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who have his name and the name of his Father written on their foreheads.

"his father" Patros autou
Definition: father, (Heavenly) Father, ancestor, elder, senior.
autos: (1) self (emphatic) (2) he, she, it (used for the third pers. pron.) (3) the same

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is Christendom's tradition to view Rev 14:1 as foreheads with gods' names on them. Christendom is who the JWs say will die by the judgement of God for lying. Maybe you ought to shake off more of Christendom's lies. Maybe you are not done being perfected yet. Maybe on their foreheads are their human names and the name of their human fathers. Can you prove otherwise even just a little bit?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I wish I had your confidence...
24"Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."25When the disciples heard this, they were very astonished and said, "Then who can be saved?"26And looking at them Jesus said to them, "With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

It isn't confidence. It's trust. So ask yourself why do you not trust God?