• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Watchtower Governing Body: Are They The Exclusive Channel For God??

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
That's funny! Because not one apostle or disciple preached it! So either the disciples preached in error or that was not the Gospel of the Kingdom. "JESUS" is the "GOOD NEWS" of the Kingdom.

PLEASE show me one verse where the disciples or apostles preached "PARADISE EARTH"

Since all of the first Christians were anointed, and taken into the "new covenant", the Christian scriptures were written by them and to them. This did not mean though, that the faithful ones of the OT did not have a hope. Yet Jesus clearly stated that one must be "born again" to gain entry into the kingdom. None of the pre-Christian servants of God had a "heavenly calling" like Paul wrote about. (Heb 3:1) None of them expressed the hope of going to heaven...in fact the Jewish disciples of Jesus believed that God's kingdom would be on earth. Even as Jesus was ascending to heaven, they believed that he was going to establish his kingdom in Israel at that time. (Acts 1:6) The outpouring of God's spirit at Pentecost cleared things up for them....but it did not reveal everything at once. Gradually the "sacred secret" unfolded.

As Pegg has said...there are two hopes...one is for anointed ones to join Christ as rulers in his heavenly kingdom and the other is for the righteous who are to live on earth forever. Remember that the paradise God planted was Just a small are, like a blueprint. They were told to "fill the earth and subdue it"...what did that directive mean? Paradise conditions were to be spread earth wide by their own hard work and creativity. Exercising God's qualities, it should have been a wonderful future ahead of them. Satan had other ideas, but God was always one step ahead of him. God's first purpose would remain the same, no matter what the devil did to derail it.

Consider this....all who go to heaven must leave their sinful flesh behind in order to be "born again" as spirit sons of God. This is so that they can exist in heaven. Flesh and blood cannot go there but are confined to the earth as they must depend on what the earth supplies in order to keep living. This is what it means to be mortal.

Since Jesus said they these ones will be "kings and priests" to rule with Christ, (Rev 20:6)....over whom will they rule? And for whom will they act as priests?
Those who go to heaven are made perfect...immortal and incorruptible. Priests need sinners for whom to perform their duties and kings do not rule over other kings. So over whom do these priests rule?

The apostle John tells us....

Revelation 21:1-5...."Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea no longer existed. I also saw the Holy City, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared like a bride adorned for her husband. Then I heard a loud voice from the throne: Look! God’s dwelling is with humanity, and He will live with them.They will be His people, and God Himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes. Death will no longer exist; grief, crying, and pain will exist no longer exist, because the previous things have passed away. Then the One seated on the throne said, “Look! I am making everything new.” He also said, “Write, because these words are faithful and true.” (NASB)

New Jerusalem is God's kingdom...the "bride of Christ" seen coming down from heaven to extend their rulership over the earth. "Humanity" will be the ones ruled and offered the services of these God-appointed priests.

As for the paradise.....it was a paradise on earth where God placed the first humans......God's purpose did not dissolve just because man sinned....paradise will be restored under the rule of the kingdom...just as at the beginning...there will be no death or pain or outcry in grief because God will have removed all causes of suffering. The former earth will pass away....not the literal planet, but the wicked system of things that has been operating and getting steadily worse since the rebellion in Eden. What is removed is wickedness and all who practise it. This s why Jesus could offer the evildoer alongside him a place in paradise. He will be among the "unrighteous" dead that Jesus will bring back to life in the earthly paradise. He was not taken into the new covenant and he did not prove his loyalty to Christ in his lifetime. But at the last moment he acknowledged Jesus as the Christ. Deathbed confessions do not earn people la place in heaven.

The good news of the kingdom is that the earth will go back to being what God first purposed for humankind! Even the dead will benefit when Jesus calls both the righteous and unrighteous ones out of their graves (John 5:28, 29) to start life again without the influence of wicked ones or satan to spoil their efforts.

John saw two groups in his Revelation, attributing salvation to God and the Lamb. One was a finite group seen in heaven with Jesus. These he said were "bought from the earth as firstfruits" and the other group was a large unnumbered crowd, who are also saved. (Rev 7:4, 9, 10, 13, 14; Rev 14:1-3) Those who share in the "first resurrection" are the "kings and priests" so these go to heaven first and then later, the resurrection of the dead can be carried out on earth. It's all there in the scriptures if you take off the "everyone's going to heaven" glasses.

djhwoodwerks

Where has the GB got us where they want us? In what way are we hoodwinked? Should we not be out declaring the good news as one United people in all the world? Should we not live moral lives in a world steeped in immorality? Should we become part of the world and share its bloodguilt? Should we celebrate pagan festivals under another name and offend the God who told us to keep ourselves spiritually clean?

What do the GB have that they are not entitled to as Christ's brothers?

Be careful where you place your confidence. Remember that satan turned the entire nation of Israel against Jesus despite the fact that he was the son of God. Only a relative "few" individuals responded to his preaching. Jesus said it would be like this for his true disciples. (Matt7:13, 14) Not a good word was to be said for them. (John 15:18-21)
But especially is this significant when speaking against Christ's "brothers". This is what designates a "goat"....not doing good to the least of his "brothers" is not doing it to him. Eternal destruction is their fate.

So here we have Jesus telling us that there are theree categories of people linked to this judgment. There are the "sheep" who do good to Christ's " brothers" and the "goats" who do not....so who are Christ's brothers? They are the ones chosen to rule with him in his kingdom. The anointed are Christ's brothers. The governing body are anointed brothers of Christ who act as the appointed slave, feeding the entire household "their food at the proper time". No one is forced to believe that, but be careful in your judgment....according to Jesus, the "goats" are completely unaware of their negligence until after it is too late. Dangerous ground you are treading. Feeding at the table of apostates will result in poisoning your whole mind and heart. Eat there at your own risk. :(

Like I said, the blind leading the blind? You really think God gives two cares if I celebrate my daughters birthday? Are we not taught to "HONOR" our wives? I don't put my daughter above God, God gets all my praise and worship. I don't worship my daughter on her birthday, but I do honor her.

I see only two groups of people, the saved and condemned, children of God and children of the devil.

Mar 16:15-16 (ESVST) 15 And he said to them, " Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

You can break those groups down though.

SAVED: brothers, saints, children, sons, kings, priests, wheat, righteous.

CONDEMNED: goats, children, wicked, weeds, unrighteous,

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
The Watchtower is a False Prophet who mAde numerous false predictions, and literally changed what the bible said to fit their own ideology. If that's not a false prophet that Jesus warned us about I don't know what is.

There were not numerous predictions but simply misinterpretation of scripture concerning one prophesy. Humans are not perfect and we claim no status as prophets.

But if you want to identify false worship...try Christendom.....talk about changing the Bible to fit their own theology! You've got to be kidding! I was part of that shambles once...I got out of that miserable excuse for Christianity quick smart once I realised how corrupted their teaching really were. I was so angry that I was lied to for the first 20 years of my life!

Question to JW: how can the scripture be true that, "Jesus is the SAME then, now, and forever," if He was a spiritual angel, then a human, then an angel again? As since JW don't believe men have a soul or spirit, the spiritual angel Michael ceased to exist when Jesus was born, then Jesus lived 33 years and died, then the spiritual Michael was recreated? How is that the same? Is the scripture wrong or the Watchtower?

Since you provided no reference for this passage I can only assume it is the one speaking about Jehovah...not Jesus.

Why is it so difficult to understand that since Jesus is not Almighty God, he was used in a wonderful way by his Father in rescuing making from sin and death. He was Michael the Great Prince before his mission on earth and afterwards he continued in the service of his God and Father. It only gets complicated when you turn the son into his Father.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
What has this got to do with aramgeddon or paradise earth?

What do you think the 'judgement day' will involve?

And what do you think Jesus words mean when he says he send forth his angels

30 Then the sign of the Son of man will appear in heaven, and all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in grief,+ and they will see the Son of man+ coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.+ 31 And he will send out his angels with a great trumpet sound, and they will gather his chosen ones together from the four winds, from one extremity of the heavens to their other extremity.+

Revelation 1:7 Look! He is coming with the clouds,+ and every eye will see him, and those who pierced him; and all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in grief because of him.+ Yes, Amen.

Do you think he's coming to have a tea party?

Don't take it out of context. What were they preaching?

Act 10:34-43 (ESVST) 34 So Peter opened his mouth and said:" Truly I understand that God shows no partiality, 35 but in every nation anyone who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him. 36 As for the word that he sent to Israel, preaching good news of peace through Jesus Christ ( he is Lord of all), 37 you yourselves know what happened throughout all Judea, beginning from Galilee after the baptism that John proclaimed:38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power. He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with him. 39 And we are witnesses of all that he did both in the country of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They put him to death by hanging him on a tree, 40 but God raised him on the third day and made him to appear, 41 not to all the people but to us who had been chosen by God as witnesses, who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead. 42 And he commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one appointed by God to be judge of the living and the dead. 43 To him all the prophets bear witness that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name."

2 Thess 1:7 But you who suffer tribulation will be given relief along with us at the revelation of the Lord Jesus+from heaven with his powerful angels+ 8 in a flaming fire, as he brings vengeance on those who do not know God and those who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus.+ 9 These very ones will undergo the judicial punishment of everlasting destruction+ from before the Lord and from the glory of his strength, 10 at the time when he comes to be glorified in connection with his holy ones and to be regarded in that day with wonder among all those who exercised faith, because the witness we gave met with faith among you.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
The WT taught that Jesus appointed the GB over all His belongings in 1919. The WT taught that Jesus has been separating the sheep and the goats since 1919, the WT taught that the tribulation started in 1914. The WT focused on these "TRUTHS" for 100 years. Christendom didn't focus on or teach them, who was right?

So stop studying with us then. You are not being forced to study... we would rather you went to a church where you feel the teachings are correct. You should do what you feel is right.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Watch these clips if you have any free time on how to show Jesus IS God to Jehovahs Witnesses. There less than 10 mins each

ha, just reminded me of the time i ran into a group of pentecostal preachers going down the main street near where i lived. When I told them i did not believe Jesus was God, but rather Jehovah was God, they started chanting and dancing around like lunatics singing "Jesus is Jehovah, Jesus is Jehovah...."

That was quite funny :D

djhwoodwerks

None of the pre-Christian servants of God had a "heavenly calling" like Paul wrote about. (Heb 3:1)

How in the world do you get the prophets of old have no heavenly hope out of this verse?

Heb 3:1 (ESVST) 1 Therefore, holy brothers, you who share in a heavenly calling, consider Jesus.

Jesus just preached to the wicked from Noah's day, but not to any of the prophets before that huh? No prophet of God get's to hear the Good News, just the wicked that didn't obey Him.

1Pe 3:18-20 (ESVST) 18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit, 19 in which he went and proclaimed to the spirits in prison, 20 because they formerly did not obey, when God 's patience waited in the days of Noah.

Abraham, Isaac, Moses, Aaron, Noah, Isaiah, Daniel, David, Solomon and all the rest have no heavenly hope, but the 8+ men that call and have called themselves the "SPIRIT DIRECTED" organization
of God, gets to go to heaven?

You my friend have been blinded.

Mountain_Climber

Is Jesus really the Arch Angel Michael? Let's find out...
I watched the video and agree with parts of it while disagreeing with parts of it.

For one thing it begins with a lie about Jehovah's Witnesses. They do believe in the divinity of Jesus and not only that they believe that the 144,000 become sharers in his divine nature: 2 Peter 1:4 "Through these things he has granted us the precious and very grand promises, so that through these you may become sharers in divine nature, having escaped from the world’s corruption produced by wrong desire."

They include a footnote just after the words,, "divine nature", which directs the reader to verses in the Bible they conclude proves this means being resurrected to life as an incorruptible spirit being just as Jesus.

So the problem is in the difference between the way the men in the video define divinity as compared to how Jehovah's Witnesses define divinity. The men in the video define divinity as, "deity". I disagree that is what the word means. But I disagree with how Jehovah's Witnesses understand that word, also.

The word is not a commentary as to a physical like comparison of a spirit body to a flesh and blood body. But it is a commentary on the incorruptible personality which is possible to be had in either the physical or the spirit world. That is a god-like personality. In other words, it is a personality like God's in it's incorruptible righteousness inherited of God through our love of God and God's love of us so as to train that into us.

From the beginning when man and woman were made in their likeness, the issue has been that divinely pure righteous personality.

Adam snatched to have equality in this respect rather than by the patience of love waiting to become complete by God's training of him: Genesis 3:22 Jehovah God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of us, ...."

The divine nature is indeed a nature rather than a body type.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Please show me in the scripture where it says there are two hopes. Especially the hope of "PARADISE EARTH"

Matt 5:3 “Happy are those conscious of their spiritual need,*+ since the Kingdom of the heavens belongs to them....
5 “Happy are the mild-tempered,*+ since they will inherit the earth.

Ps 37:11
But the meek will possess the earth,+
And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace

2 Peter 3:But there are new heavens and a new earth that we are awaiting according to his promise,+ and in these righteousness is to dwell

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Hello MC! I agree with you. My point is, good works has nothing to do with salvation. BUT, when a person is saved and really loves Jesus, he/she will have good works because they will want to please their Lord.

Jn 14:15 (ESVST) 15 " If you love me, you will keep my commandments.

That all depends on whether the person is doing the things Jesus requires they do.

Matt 7:21 Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will.+ 22 Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord,+ did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’+ 23 And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!’

Mountain_Climber

Are you saying love is a work?

1Jo 2:3-5 (ESVST) . 4 Whoever says "I know him" but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him, 5 but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected.

1Jo 5:1-5 (ESVST) 1 Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has been born of God, and everyone who loves the Father loves whoever has been born of him. 2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and obey his commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome. 4 For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world — our faith. 5 Who is it that overcomes the world except the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?
Like I said, you are getting tired.

Obviously I said love is a worker.

It is a fruit which makes us fruitful. In that way we might see it as a seed which when planted in us of God begins to multiply and spread itself around by use of us.

Love is a worker. Where there is no work love is but an empty claim.

JFish123

ha, just reminded me of the time i ran into a group of pentecostal preachers going down the main street near where i lived. When I told them i did not believe Jesus was God, but rather Jehovah was God, they started chanting and dancing around like lunatics singing "Jesus is Jehovah, Jesus is Jehovah...."

Funny story. But it doesn't answer the truths in the video that Jesus is Jehovah

djhwoodwerks

There were not numerous predictions but simply misinterpretation of scripture concerning one prophesy. Humans are not perfect and we claim no status as prophets.

*** g 5/12 p. 18 The Bible—A Book of Accurate Prophecy, Part 1 ***
As we have seen, the Bible is rich in specific details about people, places, and events. Those specifics enable us to cross-check the Bible against non-Biblical sources, thus helping us to confirm the fulfillment of Bible prophecies. (Did they "CONFIRM" the fulfillment of the prophecy they "UNDERSTOOD?")

*** w52 4/15 p. 253 par. 20 Aids for Understanding Prophecy ***
They can quote and copy the Scriptures of God’s inspired men and can apply them according to the facts. (If they only "UNDERSTOOD" the facts)

*** w52 4/15 p. 253 par. 20 Aids for Understanding Prophecy ***
They are then faithful in publishing and preaching the revealed prophecies to the utter ends of the earth. The twentieth-century preaching prophets of Jehovah are the ones who are running to and fro over the Bible to gain knowledge of the divine pronouncements which is on the increase.

djhwoodwerks

That all depends on whether the person is doing the things Jesus requires they do.

Matt 7:21 Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will.+ 22 Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord,+ did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’+ 23 And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!’

Hence the John 14:15 verse. If you love Me, YOU WILL keep my commandants.

djhwoodwerks

Lol, yeah those Pentecostals get kind of wild at times huh!

djhwoodwerks

You decide, then go to the one whom you think has Gods approval.

You can't answer that question. Because you know you can't say the GB was right, because they've done changed the light. And if you say Christendom was right, you'll be going against the GB, which you could never do whether they are right or wrong. That's one of those questions you're taught to avoid.