• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Paul worthy to be an Apostle?

kerndog

Did you know that Jesus' disciples were known for having little formal education too? Jesus deliberately chose uneducated ones...do you know why?
Deeje, for those who do not trust what you are saying, the NET bible has a very good explanation of the education Jesus and the apostles had in comparison to the religious leaders of their day, in the translation footnotes, WORTH THE READ !

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Deeje, for those who do not trust what you are saying, the NET bible has a very good explanation of the education Jesus and the apostles had in comparison to the religious leaders of their day, in the translation footnotes, WORTH THE READ !
I wonder why you do not correct her about her statement that JESUS chose them?

djhwoodwerks

I get the distinct impression that a couple of people on this board are somewhat obsessed with shooting down the teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses......I can't imagine why? :shrug:

Really, you can't think of one little reason?

Jesus is the second highest personage in the universe. We honor him as "the son of God". But the 'name of Jehovah" as the "Most High over all the earth" is the one that saves us. (Joel 2:32; Romans 10:13; Psalm 83:18)

Act 4:11-12 (ESVST) 11 This Jesus is the stone that was rejected by you, the builders, which has become the cornerstone. 12 And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."

Not even one?

djhwoodwerks

Blah, blah, blah.....What if its you guys who needs to see things anew? We have heard it all before.....we believe we have the truth and we back it up by who we really are, not by how we are portrayed by the liars on hate sites......so why do you keep on about it?
Who are you trying to convince really? :confused:

I understand why you portray people that speak out against the WT as liars and haters, because we bring to light their false teachings. What I don't understand is, how can you call the ones who use the WT printed literature and the Bible to bring these false teachings to light. I could understand when someone comes along and says, "I heard this about the WTBTS, they teach lies" and have nothing to back up what they claim. I have your literature, and I use it along with the Bible. I don't just post things I make up, what I post is proven fact from your own literature. The "other crowed" just refuses to see it.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Could it be because the thread title was little more than disingenuous bait, i.e., a lie, and the thread itself demonstrates more than a little pretentious hatred?
But it is true. People who disagree with the Watchtower are not worthy to be blessed by God. It seems Paul disagrees with the Watchtower.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
pretentious hatred?
An eye for an eye. NO? They publish pretentious hatred and they practice it for Jehovah whenever anyone leaves them but we who wish to see that corrected are haters?
I still wonder every time I read an apologist's statement why the little guy? Why not the big guy of eight million strong and getting stronger?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This is what we learn. We do what they do, but because they are in the guise of religion they are right, but we are wrong. Maybe it is why there are so many religious groups. Must join together or be called a hater.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I guess I could have named the thread, "The watchtower teaches lies", would that have made you happy?
There are things that a person just knows. Without any doubt I know the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses teach lies. So? We all tend to believe what we think is true, for the most part. BUT, they teach that they ARE the truth. They catch the uninformed and the children with that boast.
If people who criticize us believe their boast, then why aren't they leading people to them? Why aren't they one?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This is what I think. Fact: lies are antithesis of the truth. I think this is obvious, but few act as though it is true.
God saves by means of the truth.
A person unfaithful in a little is also unfaithful in a lot.
Thinking, teaching, and/or knowing that The Creator, The First and The Last, The One Who Is Forever, is one, two, three, four or many, does no good for accomplishing God's will be done. God can not be changed by what anyone thinks of God.