• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Paul worthy to be an Apostle?

djhwoodwerks

I most certainly am not meeting God's will for me. One of the central keys to following God is letting go and trusting completely (like a little child) - I have not yet succeeded.

Thanks for your honesty! I too have yet to yield my everything I am to God. God is aggressively dealing with me about that though. In every song I hear, in many verses I read, I can feel them speaking to my spirit, but I am afraid to let go. I know the Bible says that cowards have no place with God, and as of right now, I am a coward!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Thanks for your honesty! I too have yet to yield my everything I am to God. God is aggressively dealing with me about that though. In every song I hear, in many verses I read, I can feel them speaking to my spirit, but I am afraid to let go. I know the Bible says that cowards have no place with God, and as of right now, I am a coward!
I do not think that cowardly (what I think you are not) and preoccupation (what I think you are) are the same.

Use your thesaurus for the word cowardly. You are not that.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The others who will not question their beliefs I call predetermined.
I think they are timorous and proud of it. I am their opposite so if they are good then I am bad.
I do not think they are bad.

djhwoodwerks

I do not think that cowardly (what I think you are not) and preoccupation (what I think you are) are the same.

Use your thesaurus for the word cowardly. You are not that.

Thank you for the reassurance, but it is cowardliness. When I listen to certain songs and read certain material, I get an overwhelming "feeling" through my whole body that says I need to relinquish my whole life to God, even if it means death. I am afraid to make that commitment.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Thank you for the reassurance, but it is cowardliness. When I listen to certain songs and read certain material, I get an overwhelming "feeling" through my whole body that says I need to relinquish my whole life to God, even if it means death. I am afraid to make that commitment.
I think you already have made that commitment. Or, are you not baptized?
If you relinquish your life to God you live forever. God lives forever. Yes?
I am afraid to make that commitment.
Or you are not ready.
For every thing there is a season.......

Thanda

I fear the unfamiliar territory God would lead me to. When you make that commitment to follow God completely you have no idea what he may command you to do or where he may tell you to go. I guess I have my comfort zone and I am afraid to leave it.

djhwoodwerks

@djhwoodwerks I wonder if you really are not convinced you are serving God why would you bother people who believe they are serving God?

I didn't say I don't think I'm serving God. I believe I am, just in the way "I" think I should. I believe for a person to truly be serving God, one has to get on his/her knees and commit even if it means death. I have thoughts all the time about it and they are, "I must get on my knees and give God total control over my life and body to do with as He sees fit, even if it means I must die". I just can't make that commitment.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I didn't say I don't think I'm serving God. I believe I am, just in the way "I" think I should. I believe for a person to truly be serving God, one has to get on his/her knees and commit even if it means death. I have thoughts all the time about it and they are, "I must get on my knees and give God total control over my life and body to do with as He sees fit, even if it means I must die". I just can't make that commitment.
Do you mean die a terrible death or just die? If you make a commitment to serve God but not to the death, I think God will hear you. What is wrong with dying anyway? Sometimes, when I think I might be killed I just think along with it that I might escape something else, which is worse.

We all die. Correct? That you think you can't commit to God to the death means an untimely death. Am I correct?

See me? I serve my god to embarrassment and people not liking me. What's wrong with that? Sometimes, death might be better, but I have family and friends who would miss me. I think I wouldn't miss me being me. I might rather be a free spirit.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
zip_it.gif

Luke 6:12-16:

"On one of those days he went out to the mountain to pray, and he spent the whole night in prayer to God. 13 And when it became day, he called his disciples to him and chose from among them 12, whom he also named apostles: 14 Simon, whom he also named Peter, Andrew his brother, James, John, Philip, Bar·tholʹo·mew, 15 Matthew, Thomas, James the son of Al·phaeʹus, Simon who is called “the zealous one,” 16 Judas the son of James, and Judas Is·carʹi·ot, who turned traitor".

God helped Jesus to choose his apostles. I think this is not rocket science.
John 5: 19 19 Therefore, in response Jesus said to them: “Most truly I say to you, the Son cannot do a single thing of his own initiative, but only what he sees the Father doing.+ For whatever things that One does, these things the Son does also in like manner.

Define initiative: the ability to assess and initiate things independently; the power or opportunity to act or take charge before others do.

Did Jesus do the will of God when he chose who would speak for him? Then WHO chose his apostles?

Either Jesus does whatever the Father wills or sometimes he doesn't. If Jehovah willed the apostles then Jehovah chose them.

You shouldn't trust John 5:19 AND trust that Jesus chose the twelve. Jehovah chose them.

Does the Bible say that Jesus chose them? Interesting. According to the Bible, Jesus has no power to act independently. Which one do you think I should believe?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I didn't say I don't think I'm serving God. I believe I am, just in the way "I" think I should. I believe for a person to truly be serving God, one has to get on his/her knees and commit even if it means death.
What I don't understand is what is wrong with until death do us part? EVERYONE dies.
I have thoughts all the time about it and they are, "I must get on my knees and give God total control over my life and body to do with as He sees fit, even if it means I must die". I just can't make that commitment.
I do not know God wants another Jesus. Can you please explain what you mean?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think that to serve Jehovah is to serve in God's house. What head of the family wants to control everyone in his house and everything they do?
I think that I can consider that such a person thinks it is ok to MOCK The Lord.

Mock: to mimic,imitate,or counterfeit; to challenge; disappoint; feigned;not real;sham:

Jehovah can use you being just you.

James 3:2

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@djhwoodwerks Do you have it in your head that you might not have to die, like the Jehovah's Witnesses teach that some will never die?
What about the SUN and the Earth's CORE?

At once I thought that Jesus would keep the sun from doing what stars do and then I saw a program about the Earth's core. I can't see him sustaining both the sun and the core forever. And for what? So Jehovah's Witnesses can try every sort of occupation for fun.