• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Muhammad a good man?

What is your opinion on Muhammad?

• He was a great man and those who insult him must be punished!

Votes: 60 27.9%
  • He was a great man, but people are free to insult him

Votes: 47 21.9%
  • He was not a good man, but we should respect him because I believe in respecting other religions

Votes: 23 10.7%
  • He was a terrible man and we should condemn his awful actions!

Votes: 85 39.5%

• Total voters

1robin

Christian/Baptist
If you can't realize that prophet Mohammed have changed one community from ignorance and immorality to the most civilized community in the ancient world then what we have to discuss.
Many things can be said about and even in favor of Islam. It's being the most moral nor civilized community on Earth is not one of them. If that was ever true what went so wrong that they are among the most poor, unstable, and backwards nations on the planet even with oil money that others do not have these days. Islamic nations have existed for over a thousand years and are barely out of the middle ages in places even while swimming in oil. Israel has existed less than a hundred this go around and despite having to spend more on defense than any nation on Earth to stop those from Islamic nations from taking what they have no right to, still exceed the entire middle east in dozens of academic, moral, and economic categories. It could be argued that Israel did more in the past 70 years given only 1/6th of 1% of the land in the middle east than the rest put together in the last few hundred years. Apart from some interesting architecture, adding to Greek mathematics, and medicine I am hard pressed to think of anything Islam has given us that is good but I am sure there is a little I am unaware of. They certainly never even came close to rivaling the Romans, Greeks, Chinese, Britain, or even the US in the 1900's alone in any significant category.

You are saying that women can't drive cars,so Islam in your eyes is Saudi Arabia and then you present the muta which is practiced only by Shia or mostly in Iran and it is kind of marriage which i call it a business marriage that is for a limited time and very costy and such marriage isn't Islamic but is an evil one.
What? It is said to have been practiced by most of the companions and was accepted in early Islam when the divisions you mentioned did not exist. This is easily seen by the excuses defenders gave so often. That is was already in practice before Muhammad showed up and it was impractical to discontinue it quickly because of fear they might apostatize. It has been left behind by many Muslims but it was allowed for all early on and that was the point. You can't make paying for sex even by inventing sham marriages to hide it behind while inventing a sham marriage while actually having a former marriage still in force. The fact you even attempt to defend something so vile is more meaningful than the practice its self. I will get to the rest later. I just can't take it anymore today. Muhammad did not eliminate prostitution he just changed it's name and made it Holy or tried.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
Listen you are not the right person to judge people over what they do
Without understanding

Prophet peace be upon him when he married aisha he didn't step her room Untill she become adult

So there was no sexual issue

If he attempt to marry child for the reason you mentioned
So why he didn't married only to children?

We can find his first wife was older than him khadijah radi allah anha

We notice that prophet peace be upon him married only one young girl called aisha

He was the king of his time,

Sister of aisha called Asma bint abi baker and she respected prophet which means

Both sister didn't had problem with marrying issues

So what is your problem and what you are trying to prove?

Listen there are people in fifty look like they are fifteen

I mean features and there people age fifteen look like fifty years old

Prophet peace be upon him didn't ask to marry aisha but khawla did ask
Prophet if he accept to propose to aisha

Narrated 'Aisha: ( raa ): “I never felt so jealous of any wife of Allah's Apostle ( saws ) as I did of Khadija*...

Notice :
Khadijah first wife prophet married and she was older than prophet peace be upon him

She dead then he married aisha

It something common even nowadays among celebrities

There are some celebrity practiced love in age sex

Tom Cruise And Katie Holmes may be 16 years apart, but the difference in age seems to work for them. Strange to think that when Katie was 3 years old, Tom was starring in his first film, Endless Love

Women in age sex understand everything, she even work as actor and practice love life as real

Come one we are now 2013

What about liberation that every one talk about?
Well this post seems to have an actual issues within it at points which is refreshing but I do not know who it was intended for. If you need help quoting and addressing your comments to someone just ask. I know next to nothing about Hollywood and find it a strange comparison to Muhammad but are not Tom and what's her face either divorced or heading there fast. You know what, don't answer that. I can't even make myself care what Tom Cruse is doing. See my post about Muta.

temple

When India invaded by british in. 1857
there was girl called Rani married (age sex)
And she fight against british in age sex

She ride horse, know how to use sword, ... etc

So she become queen by marrying gangi. (old man) in age sex

It translated to movie in many language arabic, english, urdu.... etc

Name of movie : The Story of a Brave Woman... The Queen of Jhans

Last edited:

temple

Well this post seems to have an actual issues within it at points which is refreshing but I do not know who it was intended for. If you need help quoting and addressing your comments to someone just ask. I know next to nothing about Hollywood and find it a strange comparison to Muhammad but are not Tom and what's her face either divorced or heading there fast. You know what, don't answer that. I can't even make myself care what Tom Cruse is doing. See my post about Muta.

There is no comparison

Trying to show there is hidden intention behind this post

Because marrying to younger women is not big deal

It is common thing

There is such thing every where and not strange thing

I didn't wrote comment about tom Cruise I just did copy it as I read it

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Many things can be said about and even in favor of Islam. It's being the most moral nor civilized community on Earth is not one of them. If that was ever true what went so wrong that they are among the most poor, unstable, and backwards nations on the planet even with oil money that others do not have these days. Islamic nations have existed for over a thousand years and are barely out of the middle ages in places even while swimming in oil. Israel has existed less than a hundred this go around and despite having to spend more on defense than any nation on Earth to stop those from Islamic nations from taking what they have no right to, still exceed the entire middle east in dozens of academic, moral, and economic categories. It could be argued that Israel did more in the past 70 years given only 1/6th of 1% of the land in the middle east than the rest put together in the last few hundred years. Apart from some interesting architecture, adding to Greek mathematics, and medicine I am hard pressed to think of anything Islam has given us that is good but I am sure there is a little I am unaware of. They certainly never even came close to rivaling the Romans, Greeks, Chinese, Britain, or even the US in the 1900's alone in any significant category.

i believe bigotry is kind of mental illness which is hard to treat.

While our discussion was about what the prophet did 1400 years ago and how he converted one community from ignorance to the great islamic empire which reached Spain and teached Europe science in the time Europe was sleeping and underdeveloped and living in what called the dark ages , you brought Israel as to be more civilized and more powerful in our world and then the history of the Islamic empire is nothing compared to what Israel had achieved and contributed to our world.

An unbiased history professors will agree that muslims are the foundation of our modern science and not Israel.

Islamic science spread to Western Europe and survived. By the 1100's, translations of Arabic texts were making their way from Muslim Spain into European universities. These Arab texts stimulated the growth of Western science, which is the dominant scientific tradition today. We should never lose sight of the fact that our own science today rests squarely on the accomplishments of Muslim science, which, as a result, is still very much alive.

Reference: FC47: Arab math and science to c.1000 - The Flow of History

My challenge to you was what prophet Mohammed did and how he converted one community from ignorance to the most powerful and advanced empire.

While i brought to you prostitution and aultery which was completely eliminated from the community,your reply was a disgraceful one such as your saying it to be kind of oppression on women and the Muta marriage.

Muta marriage is very rare and it is the way for atheists in the muslim world to legalize their prostitution as according to Islamic law women should be protected by a contract to ensure their rights.

Prostitution in nowadays are done for free,men ****** women and fetch for a new love or by few dollars they can hire one and then they can have one every night.

Some countries are trying to manage prostitution for health matters and not for caring about women's integrity.

[youtube]c0qo_eeBF5o[/youtube]
Child Prostitution Big Problem in the United States.. - YouTube

[youtube]yBFReHMW4bs[/youtube]
Tel Aviv - A Lost City? - YouTube

What? It is said to have been practiced by most of the companions and was accepted in early Islam when the divisions you mentioned did not exist. This is easily seen by the excuses defenders gave so often. That is was already in practice before Muhammad showed up and it was impractical to discontinue it quickly because of fear they might apostatize. It has been left behind by many Muslims but it was allowed for all early on and that was the point. You can't make paying for sex even by inventing sham marriages to hide it behind while inventing a sham marriage while actually having a former marriage still in force. The fact you even attempt to defend something so vile is more meaningful than the practice its self. I will get to the rest later. I just can't take it anymore today. Muhammad did not eliminate prostitution he just changed it's name and made it Holy or tried.

What you said here is really laughable and shows your blatant ignorance.

Prophet Mohammed protected women's right till his last days on earth.

His last speech to humanity is to care about woman and to fear god on treating them,not to make business out of them as the situation of nowadays

[youtube]Grw7fHu-JCo[/youtube]
Prophet Muhammad and Women - YouTube

[youtube]i3Xc1MfX9X8[/youtube]
The Prophet Muhammad's Last Sermon - YouTube

garrydons

the Muslim Prophet Mohammed is part of history. I think it is not fair for us to answer your question based on our personal opinion. Let the history books answer your question.

ranvirk

Not for me to answer this as I don't have much knowledge, however looking at state of majority of middle east and number of suicide attacks ( irrespective of the reason) and superior complex of Muslims towards Islam signifies two things:

1) The message itself is wrong or
2) Prophet Mohamad was not able to communicate his message properly.

Bismillah

Submit
Muhammad, sal allahu alayhi wa salaam, was a noble man. We should all strive to emulate him

0dAFdpb.jpg

wathanya

You are laying muhammad didn't force any one to convert islam

Battle was for reason that jews break convient

There was Also jews living there and also disbeliver so we conclude

You totally don't know any thing about prophet

Prophet uncle I don't remmber his name maybe abu talib was disbeliever

He didn't convert and he still along with prophet

You are free to chose your religion but you are not free in telling lies

God say in quran :
There is no compulsion in religion; truly the right way has become clearly distinct from error

Last edited:

1robin

Christian/Baptist
There is no comparison

Trying to show there is hidden intention behind this post

Because marrying to younger women is not big deal

It is common thing

There is such thing every where and not strange thing

I didn't wrote comment about tom Cruise I just did copy it as I read it
I mean no offense at all but I think English is not your native language and I am having trouble understanding what you are saying.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
God say in quran :
There is no compulsion in religion; truly the right way has become clearly distinct from error
and yet the great prophet of islam, Muhammad was compelled, three times, to speak/read by the arch-angel Gabriel - thus making the statement false. Obviously, there IS compulsion in religion.

It is a catchy line though. Pity that it isn't true.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
i believe bigotry is kind of mental illness which is hard to treat.
Whether that is true or not you are still mistaken when you claim everyone who disagrees with Islam (most of the world) is a bigot. That is what every crackpot who ever invented one of the bizarre faiths of history had to say to explain why most rejected him. It is probably true many times but continuously claiming it is a cop-out. If I suspect bias I prove it or try very hard to I don't just yell at anyone who does not agree. There is also delusion and mental illness in defending something that should not be.

Spain and teached Europe science in the time Europe was sleeping and underdeveloped and living in what called the dark ages , you brought Israel as to be more civilized and more powerful in our world and then the history of the Islamic empire is nothing compared to what Israel had achieved and contributed to our world.
Well you stated a bunch of arbitrary claims but I have no idea why.

An unbiased history professors will agree that muslims are the foundation of our modern science and not Israel.
I have studied world history for over 40 years and serve on two civil war round tables. I also have a degree in Mathematics and 190 semester hours in engineering and physics and can state without the slightest fear of being wrong Muslims are not the foundation of science or math in modern times nor ever really were. You are right to say the Catholics plunged science into a dark hole and ruined Europe for a period of time and that the Muslims at that time did make progress but they did so only because they retained Greek and Roman learning and added a little to it when the rest of the West was standing still. However the West came back and out did anything the Muslims ever accomplished. In medicine the Muslims might have made a bigger impact but were still not the founders.

Here are a few lists selected at random. Compare how many Christians and Jews appear on them all to Muslims.
Top 10 Greatest Scientists | Biography Online
Inspiring People: Top 10 Scientists of All Time
100 Scientists Who Shaped World History

I typed in greatest scientists in history and picked the first 3 so don't even start the bias stuff. It is your claims that are extremely biased here.

Islamic science spread to Western Europe and survived. By the 1100's, translations of Arabic texts were making their way from Muslim Spain into European universities. These Arab texts stimulated the growth of Western science, which is the dominant scientific tradition today. We should never lose sight of the fact that our own science today rests squarely on the accomplishments of Muslim science, which, as a result, is still very much alive.
There is very little truth to any of this. Yes they added some, no they did not make most of the great break throughs and formation of laws. It can easily be argued that Isaac Newton and Einstein accomplished more themselves than all the Muslims in science combined.

I have a math degree and know very well what Muslims did and it is not nearly as substantial as Christianity and Jews have accomplished.

My challenge to you was what prophet Mohammed did and how he converted one community from ignorance to the most powerful and advanced empire.
I have no problem admitting Muhammad was a descent military leader and united a bunch of ignorant tribes into a less ignorant whole, but even as a military leader he is not nearly as impressive as Cortez, Genghis Kahn, Caesar, Alexander, Sparta, etc.... If you start of at the bottom you can't help but go up. However he was a terrible prophet and was exceeding sinful.

While i brought to you prostitution and aultery which was completely eliminated from the community,your reply was a disgraceful one such as your saying it to be kind of oppression on women and the Muta marriage.
No I did not. I asked why and how it was done and the oppression of women was only one of even many good motivations I mentioned yet because of bias you have singled out that one and it was only a question not an argument. No he did not eliminate prostitution. It still exists and he appears to have made it Holy by changing its name and circumstances a little.

Muta marriage is very rare and it is the way for atheists in the muslim world to legalize their prostitution as according to Islamic law women should be protected by a contract to ensure their rights.
Atheists did not invent it nor practice it when it was invented. They might do so now as parts of Islam have finally given up the practice (others still use it). However in Muhammad's day it was common and many companions are said to have practiced it. I ask you again what did Muhammad do to eliminate prostitution (even though it still exists in the middle East)?

Prostitution in nowadays are done for free,men ****** women and fetch for a new love or by few dollars they can hire one and then they can have one every night.
I have no idea what this means.

Some countries are trying to manage prostitution for health matters and not for caring about women's integrity.
Ok, what does that mean or prove.

[youtube]c0qo_eeBF5o[/youtube]
Child Prostitution Big Problem in the United States.. - YouTube

[youtube]yBFReHMW4bs[/youtube]
I have no disagreement. The US has been influenced so much by secularism since 1960 that we have really lost our moral roots in many areas. Why are we comparing the US to anyone?

What you said here is really laughable and shows your blatant ignorance.
Which even if it was true you did not show. However the lists I provided do show that your views about science are very biased.

Prophet Mohammed protected women's right till his last days on earth.
If you call killing them for writing poetry and stripping them of rights then fine.

His last speech to humanity is to care about woman and to fear god on treating them,not to make business out of them as the situation of nowadays
Instead of YOUTUBE (for God's sake) I will provide scholarship that is well referenced and reviewed.
Didyou knowthat:
• A Muslim man in Iran cut off his 7-year-old daughter’s head because he suspected she had been raped by her uncle?1
• Many little Muslim girls have their genitals cut out – without anesthesia – in order to destroy their sexuality and make them "pure"? 2
• Daughter and wife beating are routine in the Muslim world. Over 90 percent of Pakistani wives, for instance, have been struck, beaten, or abused sexually – for offenses like cooking an unsatisfactory meal, or for failing to give birth to a male child?3
• In Iran the legal age for marriage is nine years old, and in an Afghan refugee camp virtually all the girls over second grade were married?4
• Women who are raped in Muslim countries often end up being punished while the rapist gets off free?5
• All a man has to do to divorce his wife is say, "I divorce you" three times – and then she is a single woman without support and without her children, who are usually taken by the father?6
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]These facts show that the war we’re fighting isn’t just about bombs and hijacked airliners. It’s also about the oppression of women -- often in horrific ways. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]http://frontpagemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/ViolentOpp.pdf[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]That link has hundreds of examples of oppression of women in Islam.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]The only that Islam did for women was add things they could not do like voting, driving, inheritance, for God sakes polygamy was honorable in the Quran where it was punished in the Bible. I can't believe you yell bias every five minutes and then use UTUBE as scholarship. [/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I mean no offense at all but I think English is not your native language and I am having trouble understanding what you are saying.

i think he means to say what you gain from bashing the prophet or if you still don't understand as english isn't my native language why you hate the prophet ?

OK,the prophet isn't great but Allah is the great.

Will you accept Islam if the prophet didn't marry Aisha ?
Will you accept the quran to be God's word if the prophet didn't fight to protect Islam ?

But if you have Zero interest on Islam or in other words you don't like Islam at all then what you want by discussing and bashing it.

You don't like prophet Mohammed from the first post till this page,so what?
Whats the end of it ?

You'll never never believe that he was a great man,so whats the end of it.

Say: O unbelievers, (109:1)
I serve not what you serve (109:2)

and you are not serving what I serve, (109:3)

nor am I serving what you have served, (109:4)

neither are you serving what I serve (109:5)

To you your religion, and to me my religion! (109:6)

1robin

Christian/Baptist
i think he means to say what you gain from bashing the prophet or if you still don't understand as english isn't my native language why you hate the prophet ?
I did not understand what tis meant either and you are usually coherent. I am bashing no one. I am reporting a small percentage of what I have learned concerning Muhammad and the Quran over he years. Even if you could find some bias (and you can't), or some mistake I made in half of what I have learned there still is way way more than enough to reject Islam as a faith and Muhammad as a prophet.

OK,the prophet isn't great but Allah is the great.
What? Your saying Muhammad was not great?

Will you accept Islam if the prophet didn't marry Aisha ?
Will you accept the quran to be God's word if the prophet didn't fight to protect Islam ?
No, but I have no problem with fighting, my prophets (who actually made prophecies) fought but what Muhammad did was not in defense of Islam most of the time. He was raiding caravans as I have exhaustively proven on the basis that they carried much more goods in a certain year, killing poets who opposed him, chopping more heads, feet, and hands off than I can count and launching offensive actions for revenge alone. Our great prophet killed nothing and our prophets that did were either following God's instructions or were punished for fighting without them. There are no open ended commands to kill unbelievers in the Bible and no verse promoting violence of any kind in the NT yet the Quran is full of them.

But if you have Zero interest on Islam or in other words you don't like Islam at all then what you want by discussing and bashing it.
I have many reasons I debate but probably the greatest is to provide information so that young Christians can get answers to questions we al have when we are first born again and for anyone who is unfamiliar with the issues involved.

You don't like prophet Mohammed from the first post till this page,so what?
Whats the end of it ?
I did not think an end was possible before I started debating. Debates usually occur between those that are already certain of what they believe. I am only trying to provide info for those that are unfamiliar with these issues. IMO An end is coming but it will concern more than just debates and I do not think Islam will be happy at what occurs and I regret so many descent people will probably realize too late the mistake they have made.

You'll never never believe that he was a great man,so whats the end of it.
So everyone who actually cares more about history than what Islam distorts it into is biased and it is not that you could not make the case. How convenient.

Say: O unbelievers, (109:1)
I serve not what you serve (109:2)

and you are not serving what I serve, (109:3)

nor am I serving what you have served, (109:4)

neither are you serving what I serve (109:5)

To you your religion, and to me my religion! (109:6)
I wish that was all there was to it but we also have these kill the unbelievers until the whole world submits teachings and idiots attacking Israel and blowing up schools, Pakistani Churches, trade centers full of innocent people, hijackings, car bombs, be-headings, gas attacks, trials for anyone wanting out of that mess, calls for global Jihad, train derailing's, lunatic dictators, constant civil wars, Indian genocides, and units of the Wauffen SS killing Jews for Hitler, etc..... If Islam survived on merit instead of hating every other culture on the planet (even those that have fought and won several wars for them) then it would not be in such need of revealing. I do not spend much time contending with Buddhist because they spend so little time making the world a war zone.