• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was laban using magic even no God Hates magic?

LiveBetterLife

I have asked before, you've not answered, so -- if you ever get around to explaining what that even means (to you) I may consider answering. Otherwise, I'm wasting my time while you seem to be accusing me of something you cannot possibly know. I object to such drive-by shootings of my psyche, and therefore have little interest in any discussion with you.

I've been asleep.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
How then, could tertiary educated students such as the participants in the debate in the video be so misled and passionate about disseminating information that is so contrary to the maintenance and progression of rational thought and advanced intellect?
Do you ever say anything in an unconvoluted, readable fashion? That single sentence above is, like it or not, truly devoid of meaning. (Which, by the way, is how most mystics manage to keep going. Since nobody can understand what they're saying, nobody knows whether they're profound or not. Usually they're not, usually they are uttering what you just did, which is nowadays called a "deepity." Look it up.)

LiveBetterLife

That single sentence above is, like it or not, truly devoid of meaning. (Which, by the way, is how most mystics manage to keep going. Since nobody can understand what they're saying, nobody knows whether they're profound or not. Usually they're not, usually they are uttering what you just did, which is nowadays called a "deepity." Look it up.)

I wanted to know your opinion as to why college students would be prone to such misinformation.

Are you still having trouble reading?

A Vestigial Mote

How then, could tertiary educated students such as the participants in the debate in the video be so misled and passionate about disseminating information that is so contrary to the maintenance and progression of rational thought and advanced intellect?
In my personal opinion? Because as much as they want to claim that others are living life behind a veil, they are the ones who have truly locked their perspective behind a curtain. A "magical" curtain through which the world appears to contain anything and everything they want to fancy that it does. They are the ones who do not question. In order to accept some of the things they do, I feel as though they can't have probed or questioned very much if they think things like the equations describing gravity are simply "up for interpretation", or that they need provide NO EVIDENCE for a claim that some people can summon lightning to strike others, and then get to shush people who object or ask for evidence.

They seem to be actively working to keep up a veil of superstitious nonsense, and claim that it is their right because "culture." As far as I am concerned, their experience with skeptics criticizing their stupidity was fair warning. So they could just be left alone to wallow in their own lack of advancement. That's just about all their perspective is bound to lead to. Intellectual stagnation.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
In Genesis 30:27 it looks like Laban is using divination.But why would Leban being doing this if he knows God hates it?Maybe he just didn't know it(that God hates magic)?:confused:
I don't see any divination here. More like, "I can see what my financial condition was before you came and the difference after... God is with you". Like the woman at the well which, after Jesus declared her life said, "I perceive you are a prophet"... not by divination but by what one can see.