• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Jesus Sinless?

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Can a mortal be without sin?

Why did Jesus pray to the Father; if he was sinless?

Matthew 6:9-13

"This, then, is how you should pray: "'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.
He was just so advanced that nobody noticed anything wrong and his efforts are still pumping out tons of motivated behavior to this day.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
The NT notes the kingdom as Jesus's, at times, and 'God's', and in the prayer, as the Father's, 'thy kingdom come'. So it's either all three deific references, or the Bible is contradicting itself.

the son, or offspring, is creation. God isn't exclusive to a person, we know this from the OT and references to the sons of God.

its strange to me that people believe that God is one tiny manifestation in contrast to all of the rest of the manifested universe. that this manifestation is then in contrast to something called satan, seth, hades. then everything is stuck in between to who are at war trying to convince the middle to polarize.

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
Can a mortal be without sin?

Why did Jesus pray to the Father; if he was sinless?
This is a question of interest to Christians. If the New Testament is not the divinely inspired, inerrant, infallible word of God, questions such as these aren't so important.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
This is a question of interest to Christians. If the New Testament is not the divinely inspired, inerrant, infallible word of God, questions such as these aren't so important.

unfortunately a book isn't a problem; so much as the problem might be with the 40000+ interpretations of it.

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic

I think sin is a much simpler concept that what the various religions have tortured it into in their efforts to control their flock. If we limit "sin" to those actions which only violate the rights of others (life, liberty, property and self-defense), I think many people could make it through this life without sin. Of course individually determined subjective virtues are another story, but you only have yourself to answer to for those.

And, again due to the religions, we tend to confuse guilt with sin. They may overlap, but don't equate with each other...in fact not much at all.

Last edited: