• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Jesus Sinless?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
The only one that the Bible says was perfect is Job.
this is how one becomes perfected

1 John 4:12
[ Seeing God Through Love ] No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us.

1 John 4:17
[ The Consummation of Love ] Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Would you say that having an aggressive attitude towards another struggling person was a sin?

having an abusive and offensive attitude towards another person is a sin, yes.

having an aggresive and defensive attitude to being attacked isn't.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I don't see how this question arose for cause of my previous post...

but anyway....
I don't believe anyone is all knowing
including Him

and I bring that from my perspective about God
God moves through time with us
God doesn't look ahead

it would spoil the story

not that tomorrow is a puzzle
we humans are predictable

the surprise is found in the change of mind and heart
so then sin is possible for someone who isn't all knowing. there are two types of sin. sin from willful harm and sin from ignorance.

willful harm would be likened to intent and planning. sin from ignorance is harm that was not intentionally planned.

case in point,

peter plans to rob paul and does. that is willful intention.
peter is driving drunk and hits paul. he had no intention of hitting paul but obviously he was impaired and didn't take precaution for unforeseen circumstances.

Trackdayguy

Speed doesn't kill, it's hitting the wall
having an abusive and offensive attitude towards another person is a sin, yes.

having an aggresive and defensive attitude to being attacked isn't.

Yes I would agree.

That being the case which we both agree, then how can people claim that Jesus was sinless when one looks at how he treated the Canaanite Women, Jesus is condemning and shaming of her. Clearly he WASN'T SINLESS

Trackdayguy

so then sin is possible for someone who isn't all knowing. there are two types of sin. sin from willful harm and sin from ignorance.

willful harm would be likened to intent and planning. sin from ignorance is harm that was not intentionally planned.

case in point,

peter plans to rob paul and does. that is willful intention.
peter is driving drunk and hits paul. he had no intention of hitting paul but obviously he was impaired and didn't take precaution for unforeseen circumstances.

If I killed someone with intent its called 1st degree murder, If I killed that person by accident in a car accident its man slaughter. The real issue is their STILL DEAD. Whether we sin on purpose of not its still sin

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Can a mortal be without sin?

Why did Jesus pray to the Father; if he was sinless?

Matthew 6:9-13

"This, then, is how you should pray: "'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.
I believe that Jesus was sinless. What we refer to as "the Lord's Prayer" is essentially instructional. He started it out by saying so. ("After this manner therefore pray ye.") I don't think He was personally asking for forgiveness of sins, but simply showing us by an example how we should pray and some of the things we should ask for. I do believe Jesus prayed to His Father for other things, though. His great intercessory prayer found in John, for instance, is His prayer on behalf of His disciples.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Then how do you explain his inappropriate behaviour towards the Canaanite women, if someone had treated you like that would you not call it abusive behaviour ?
Actually, you caught my one-word post just before I deleted it. I was just trying to say that I don't believe in the doctrine of original sin, and I had a feeling my comment would be misinterpreted so I deleted it.

Trackdayguy

Me neither its a total heresy that sadly that masses have bought hook line & sinker.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Yes I would agree.

That being the case which we both agree, then how can people claim that Jesus was sinless when one looks at how he treated the Canaanite Women, Jesus is condemning and shaming of her. Clearly he WASN'T SINLESS
women were treated as subservient to men. it was a norm violation for a man to speak to any woman other than those of his own family and even more so for a woman to speak to any strange man. jesus didn't play by those rules.

if anything he was probably teasing her. she was obviously wise because he admitted as much. in most orthodox situations the man might have beaten her. women were objects of ownership and seen as lesser beings. mary magdelene was accepted into his inner circle. if any woman was going to catch it, it would have been her.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
If I killed someone with intent its called 1st degree murder, If I killed that person by accident in a car accident its man slaughter. The real issue is their STILL DEAD. Whether we sin on purpose of not its still sin

its still sin yes. but one isn't from malice, hate. those who act from hate will not be corrected. they have no empathy for another. when a person sins from ignorance, at least there is a chance for correction by being shown the error of one's selfish way

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I believe that Jesus was sinless. What we refer to as "the Lord's Prayer" is essentially instructional. He started it out by saying so. ("After this manner therefore pray ye.") I don't think He was personally asking for forgiveness of sins, but simply showing us by an example how we should pray and some of the things we should ask for. I do believe Jesus prayed to His Father for other things, though. His great intercessory prayer found in John, for instance, is His prayer on behalf of His disciples.
love covers all sins. love does no wrong.

doesn't matter who you are, if you're not acting from love, you're sinning. love is the Way. love is the yoke that joins two into one. the cross doesn't represent sacrifice. it represents love, selflessness is not sacrifice. selflessness is being a servant to all and does not exclude self.

Proverbs 10:12
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins.

1 Peter 4:8
Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.

Trackdayguy

women were treated as subservient to men. it was a norm violation for a man to speak to any woman other than those of his own family and even more so for a woman to speak to any strange man. jesus didn't play by those rules.

if anything he was probably teasing her. she was obviously wise because he admitted as much. in most orthodox situations the man might have beaten her. women were objects of ownership and seen as lesser beings. mary magdelene was accepted into his inner circle. if any woman was going to catch it, it would have been her.

Why are you defending that Jesus was sinless when clearly he wasn't. All you have done is justify his behaviour. Its ok to be abusive towards women because everyone in the culture does it. That doesnt make it right.

REALLY !...........

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn,
Nope, didn't happen.

Ya know why?

Corn didn't come from the Middle East.

But "corn" is an old English word that actually means "grain".

:D

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic
this is how one becomes perfected

1 John 4:12
[ Seeing God Through Love ] No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us.

1 John 4:17
[ The Consummation of Love ] Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world.

Irrelevant.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Was Jesus Sinless?

Jesus was sinless like all other Jewish and non-Jewish prophets/messengers of G-d. Those who ask forgiveness for their mistakes/sin from G-d, and The Forgiving G-d accepts their request, they also become sinless as the sins/mistakes get washed away and they become clean as if they had never committed the mistakes/sins. Right, please?
The above is what I sincerely believe, other could differ with me with their own reasons and arguments, if any.
Regards

Trackdayguy

Irrelevant.

I find it extraordinary that people keep referring to and quoting an unreliable and questionable source, the Bible, to back up their arguments that make no sense.

I'm OK with people believing what ever they want as long as they dont assume their quoting FACTS.

Open your eyes people.

Last edited:

Trackdayguy

Was Jesus Sinless?

Jesus was sinless like all other Jewish and non-Jewish prophets/messengers of G-d. Those who ask forgiveness for their mistakes/sin from G-d, and The Forgiving G-d accepts their request, they also become sinless as the sins/mistakes get washed away and they become clean as if they had never committed the mistakes/sins. Right, please?
The above is what I sincerely believe, other could differ with me with their own reasons and arguments, if any.
Regards

My question is: "are you happy with what you believe?" If so then I'm happy for you.