• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Jesus Resurrection an actual event?

Dr. Khan

Hello, and welcome from Dr. Khan. I am a witness of his resurrection. I have suficient proof that Jesus is Alive. And this is the difference maker. If you will observe the acts of the apostles, in the beginning, what with their experience in the second chapter, the outpouring of the Holy Spirit which is recieved through prayer ( the main mechanism) in the operation of the Kingdom of Heaven. Notice I mentioned (Kingdom). Jesus said you must be born again to see it. The new birth is an incident; an experience and an introduction into the Kingdom of Heaven which is ruled by Jesus according to the scriptures. Jesus in his messages which are recorded in the bible, leaves no doubt about who he is. My experience with Him, according to the scriptures removes all doubt about his resurrection from the dead.In fact his resurrection rather distinguishes him from all other religious leaders in the world. His resurrection from the dead speaks volumnes about him as Messiah, and his greatness. If these things be so about him; if Jesus be risen from the dead then he is all powerful if in fact that he is still alive after all these years. He is, you know, alive at this very hour, present with me every day.
It is written in your new testament " for as many as are led by the Spirit of God they are the Sons of God.
The emphesis shifted from Son him self, to the Holy Spirit who is the Spirit of the Son who is given to Glorify the Son who liveth and abideth forever. Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty.
The Spirit of the Lord creates inside each believer a new Law which allows us all to live in harmony with one another by the Law of the Spirit of grace which is to obey the Words of Jesus and expect the Spirit of God to respond to your obedience which is to lose your life for the life of Jesus which proves to be much greater in power and everything which you lack and need. You surrender to him and his spirit which is everywhere is energized upon you. You become his focus, his centerpiece his work and one day his masterpiece. this is personal and we share it with others so that they may look into your life to see the glory of God being manifest, in you proving the knigdom of heaven is as Jesus says it is and much more glorious.
John1:12 "but as many as received him to them he gave the power to become the Sons of God."
"Life begins with the new birth." Jesus by his great and mighty power lifts you up out of the darkness of theis world intop his marvellous light.Now Darknesss is the inability to discern light. And education can be a great hinderance, because education is advanced (knowledge of good and evil).

john313

warrior-poet
oracle said:
Have you ever seen "the Passion". I dunno, but after being brutally flogged I don't think anybody would survive.
that was just another way for Mel Gibson to get more money, not a way of conveying the truth. if i remember right it just happened to be released right around easter time too, coincidence i suppose. i believe he was flogged a good one, that is why it took 3 days to heal.

Unes

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Dr. Khan
And education can be a great hinderance, because education is advanced (knowledge of good and evil).
I just was wondering; which University would grant a person a doctorate degree by trashing education just like that?

Well, Dr. Khan's passage gave us a solid evidence of how the Jesus lovers have a patent on the evidences for Jesus Resurrection. How could ANYBODY doubt Jesus Resurrection after such overwhelming evidences?

Master Vigil, how is using the Bible " circular reasoning and a logical fallacy"? My charge of "bias" proves true in your case, does it not?

Prosecutor

Master Vigil

Using the bible to prove that the bible is right, is circular reasoning. You have to be able to prove that the bible is right with other evidence. Good evidence, because extreme conclusions need extreme evidence. You can't just say... Jesus did this because the bible says so. It just doesn't cut it. What is happening is your premise and conclusion are both unevidenced.

dan

john313 said:
Jesus was put on the cross, but he did not die on the cross. He was taken off while still alive and he took the 3 days recovering from his wounds with all the healing herbs that were rubbed on him. he bled when he was stabbed in the side, corpses do not bleed. they brought 100 pounds of herbs and aloes to rub on his body before they wrapped him in linen strips(not like a traditional jewish burial at all)-why rub healing herbs on a dead body?? we are supposed to believe that Mary went to rub more healing herbs and spices on a 3 day old corpse??? that does not make much sense. Jesus did not die on the cross and therefore could not have been resurrected.
Holy cow. Jesus did not bleed when He was stabbed. It says that blood and water came out. Jesus died, medically, of a broken heart. The chambers of His heart were literally broken, spilling His blood into the pericardium. There it had time to seperate. When the pericardium was punctured by the spear it spilled out blood and plasma (looking a lot like water). A corpse, by the way, can bleed for some time after death. What a living human being cannot do is bleed water. Your logic does not make much sense.

Unes

Premium Member
The Gospel writers had few major problems writing the story of Jesus. In the beginning, they were writing the Gospels for Jewish communities. So they tried to fulfilled the prophesies of the Old Testament regarding the genealogy of Messiah. Messiah should have been descendent of David, he supposed to be borne in Bethlehem, and to a virgin. That was one set of prophesies that needed to be fulfilled.

Jesus was crucified and his body was destroyed on the Cross; since that was the Roman way of terrorizing the people. Jesus did not have any tomb, and then inventing the Resurrection story was a powerful story; which boosted deity image of Jesus tremendously.

Then the story of Three Magi was produced, which by its own assertion had major flaws in it; A star as bright of a moon which rises from east and sets on the west. So the star on its journey through the sky it over passes through lots of territories, cities, and villages. So in that journey it does not point to any city, village, house, or manger. So how could the three kings by following the bright star which moved from east to west could find the MANGER? That beats me!

The story that Jesus walked on the water is only told in John gospel.

Since different sections of Jesus story was introduced by different people and different time, and they were only using bits of information from word of mouth then it is natural that the story would have serious flaws in it.

May God bless us all,

Master Vigil, the Bible is its own best defense. As one writer put it, "Man could not have written the Bible if he would, and would not have written the Bible if he could." If I can prove the Bible is the Word of God (and I can) then what it says about the resurrection is true. To reject the Bible as the Word of God does in no way keep it from being God's Word. If you don't believe the Bible is the Word of God, that is your right. If you say, "The Bible is not the Word of God and I can prove it is not the Word of God", you have got yourself a debate. I'll find out if "your Bible is the wind" or just a lot of hot air.
Prosecutor

Master Vigil

The bible is not its own best defense. First you must prove that god exists with tangible evidence. Since that is pretty much impossible, your argument has no foundation. So far, the argument that the bible is right, because the bible says so is indeed circular reasoning. FALLACY!!!!! So, I invite you to prove to me, that the bible is indeed the word of god, and not just another legend written by mortal men.

john313

warrior-poet
dan said:
Holy cow. Jesus did not bleed when He was stabbed. It says that blood and water came out. Jesus died, medically, of a broken heart. The chambers of His heart were literally broken, spilling His blood into the pericardium. There it had time to seperate. When the pericardium was punctured by the spear it spilled out blood and plasma (looking a lot like water). A corpse, by the way, can bleed for some time after death. What a living human being cannot do is bleed water. Your logic does not make much sense.
but he was stabbed in the stomach, not in the heart. if there is water in the stomach it can spill out if stabbed.
my logic does make sense.

john313

warrior-poet
prosecutor said:
Master Vigil, the Bible is its own best defense. As one writer put it, "Man could not have written the Bible if he would, and would not have written the Bible if he could." If I can prove the Bible is the Word of God (and I can) then what it says about the resurrection is true. To reject the Bible as the Word of God does in no way keep it from being God's Word. If you don't believe the Bible is the Word of God, that is your right. If you say, "The Bible is not the Word of God and I can prove it is not the Word of God", you have got yourself a debate. I'll find out if "your Bible is the wind" or just a lot of hot air.
Prosecutor
good luck with the impossible:)

oracle

He would actually have died from a heart attack, from carbon poisoning through his bloodstream, from suffication, from other things all simultaneously at the same time. It was the most horrible way to die. I've actually done some research on the crucifixion, and the one portrayed in the Passion is accurate.
Also the "water" that came out probably came from his lungs. It would have been filled with fluids. The only way a person could die that soon as Jesus did, was if they recieved a terrible flogging, the one portrayed in the Passion. I recall that one of the gospels states that he was so horribly beaten and flogged that no one could recognize who he was.

dan

Most criminals were beaten as severely as Christ, but His death was thought to be premature by all. Pilate was shocked by the fact that He was already dead. The signs you mentioned would have ultimately killed him, had He stayed alive for another few hours. The Passion is an interesting movie, but the mistake is when John realizes what Jesus' blood means as it drips from His body. This incident actually took place in the Garden of Gethsemane as He sweat blood from every pore. This was the actual atonement during which Christ's blood was spilled for us. The Catholics do a good job of trying to reconcile that with their understanding of the events, but Christ's beating was not quite as portrayed in The Passion.

All of this discussion about when Jesus died and what He died from is useless. The Scriptures clearly teach that Jesus Himself determined the exact time of His own death. Note the pronouns in this verse: "When Jesus had received the sour wine, he said, 'It is finished,' and he bowed his head and (he, implied; pros.) gave up the spirit." (John 19:30)
Prosecutor

Master Vigil, since you do not believe "God exist", I really see no reason why you chose to take part in this discussion. No evidence, no matter how compelling, will persuade you with regards to the resurrection of Christ. If you wish to join the "existence of God debate" or "intelligent design debate," do so. I have been taking part in that discussion.
Prosecutor

robtex

Veteran Member
prosecutor said:
Master Vigil, since you do not believe "God exist", I really see no reason why you chose to take part in this discussion. No evidence, no matter how compelling, will persuade you with regards to the resurrection of Christ. If you wish to join the "existence of God debate" or "intelligent design debate," do so. I have been taking part in that discussion.
Prosecutor
Evidence!! Yea evidence. Good idea post some. Tell us about eyewitness who came forward about his resurrection, the large number documents talking about it, sightings of the walking Jesus in later years including today, and other things that make your theory go from unsubstained to substained.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
Vigil believes in the Tao, a force beyond the idea of the Abrahamic God, i believe.
Anyway, he is entitled to put forward his opinions in this forum, this isn't a same faith debate!

robtex, you don't believe in God therefore no evidence will convince you.
I am a theist, but i accept there is no evidence for God, it doesn't work like that.

Master Vigil

prosecutor said:
Prosecutor
I believe tao exists. I don't belief your anthropomorphized myth of Yahweh exists. I believe jesus existed, I believe was a great man, a wise man, a man who could perform miracles (there are quite many), and a man who was killed for what he believed due to it being a threat to those in charge. I do not however, believe that he was risen from the dead, or the incarnation of a god. There is no good evidence for it.

alex60

The disciples were a sorry lot during the time of Jesus, a different kind of resurrection took place in their lives after they withnessed the miracle.They became absolutely committed to the cause and became willing martyers.Mary was hardly mentioned after the birth,in the bible.She was only a vessel,nothing more.